Answered Hyperextension?

ubermanhk

Banned User
Reactions
Hi all,
Does anyone know of a morph that can produce a hyperextension effect for the legs? I have quite a sizeable collection of morphs already but none that can do this.
Just using controllers (hip, pelvis, thigh, knee, foot, and toes) set to 'on' doesn't do it...

hyperextension_NOT.jpg

'would really love to find a morph that can accomplish something like this:

b6b0c33a505a51e8d3eb7515910513d0.png

hyperextended-1024x576.jpg

OverProject-43.png

Many thanks in advance! :)

Uhhh, never had a use for this.
As you say you have a big morph collection: there are some morphs out there (maybe it was from the "reloaded collection") where you can control the shin bone a bit. Though, this would be no bending in the knees but in the bone itself.
If you ever did that before, doing that morph for yourself in DAZ should be easy, as this would be a simple bone morph. Just load Genesis2 in DAZ, use the bone controls to bend the knees and then save this as a morph. As you may know, DAZ Genesis2 morphs will work with VaM out-of-the-box.

Upvote 0
Uhhh, never had a use for this.
As you say you have a big morph collection: there are some morphs out there (maybe it was from the "reloaded collection") where you can control the shin bone a bit. Though, this would be no bending in the knees but in the bone itself.
If you ever did that before, doing that morph for yourself in DAZ should be easy, as this would be a simple bone morph. Just load Genesis2 in DAZ, use the bone controls to bend the knees and then save this as a morph. As you may know, DAZ Genesis2 morphs will work with VaM out-of-the-box.

Thanks Toby. Unless one is making ballet dancers there's probably not much general utility for such a morph... but per your good suggestion, I'll look into the shin bone in my VAM morph collection and see if there's anything to be done there. I'm not a DAZ user though, so there's a bit of a curve there toward creating my own morph... don't suppose you (or anyone else) can point to a tutorial on how to do this?
Thanks again!

Upvote 0
OK, for ballet dancers this make sense.
Yes, If you are not into DAZ, this might be difficult at the start.
I just made a morph for you, because I had a little spare time in home office. ;)
Though, I need some time more to test it out in VaM.

Upvote 0
OK, it works. You will still need to set the knee joints "on" and move them backwards, or you will see no effect.

Attachments

• TToby.TTHyperextensionKnees.1.var
    67.4 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
OK, for ballet dancers this make sense.
Yes, If you are not into DAZ, this might be difficult at the start.
I just made a morph for you, because I had a little spare time in home office. ;)
Though, I need some time more to test it out in VaM.

oh wow! that's considerably more than I had hoped for and super-generous of you!! 'will eagerly look forward to it! :love:

Upvote 0
You are welcome, it wasn't that difficult for me.
You will find that morph under TTBody, as this is where I have located my other leg and knee morphs.
If you will find it usefull, maybe you want to mark the question as answered.

Upvote 0
You are welcome, it wasn't that difficult for me.
You will find that morph under TTBody, as this is where I have located my other leg and knee morphs.
If you will find it usefull, maybe you want to mark the question as answered.

That works a treat—many thanks again!

hyperextension_YES.jpg

Upvote 0
Thanks TToby this is awesome :) I was looking for something like this myself.

Also, not that you asked, Uber (lol), and I hope it's not out of line....but if you want to try out another dancer related morph, the pose you have shared above would be perfect for it's intended use; to restore the heel shape on extreme bends like this. I don't have them in VAR format (lazy and stupid) but you can extract the attached zip into your main VAM directory > Custom and the morphs should fall into place. Just search for JCM in your morphs and you'll find the main morph and the fix, which allows some additional heel tweaking. A 1.0 dial in will be too extreme, so it will take a little nudging to find a gentle shape fix, usually (try .25 main, .25 fix). It's not perfect.

I am planning to work with FallenDancer who creates the Joint Correct Morph plugin (https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/joint-correct.3542/) to automatically kick in with extreme X axis foot bends, but I haven't gotten around to reconnecting with them. If you're already using that plugin, you'll need to disable the "base" checkbox in order for the custom JCMs to override the built in VAM ones. Try them out if you want and let me know what you think ? Feel free to DM me with any feedback or questions, too. Edit: Attached a before/after screenshot.

Attachments

• Left and Right Heel JCM Morphs.zip
    11.9 KB · Views: 0
  • JCM After.PNG
    JCM After.PNG
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • JCM Before.PNG
    JCM Before.PNG
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks TToby this is awesome :) I was looking for something like this myself.

Also, not that you asked, Uber (lol), and I hope it's not out of line....but if you want to try out another dancer related morph, the pose you have shared above would be perfect for it's intended use; to restore the heel shape on extreme bends like this. I don't have them in VAR format (lazy and stupid) but you can extract the attached zip into your main VAM directory > Custom and the morphs should fall into place. Just search for JCM in your morphs and you'll find the main morph and the fix, which allows some additional heel tweaking. A 1.0 dial in will be too extreme, so it will take a little nudging to find a gentle shape fix, usually (try .25 main, .25 fix). It's not perfect.

I am planning to work with FallenDancer who creates the Joint Correct Morph plugin (https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/joint-correct.3542/) to automatically kick in with extreme X axis foot bends, but I haven't gotten around to reconnecting with them. If you're already using that plugin, you'll need to disable the "base" checkbox in order for the custom JCMs to override the built in VAM ones. Try them out if you want and let me know what you think ? Feel free to DM me with any feedback or questions, too. Edit: Attached a before/after screenshot.

That's fantastic, Jarny—many thanks! It often feels like the pursuit/quest/battle for realistic anatomy, especially with anything athletic or 'extreme', is a never ending one, but it's things like this that progress us ever forward toward that elusive goal! :love:

Upvote 0
This is one of the things I like the most in future VaM 2.x. The new Genesis 8 figure has a much better automatic joint correction morph system. No more ugly bend knees, ankles, ellbows, shoulders... or at least less worse.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom