Question How to remove audio in a scene?

Jocks3D

Reactions
Patreon
callanscott
This has been asked before but I don't think there was ever a definitive answer: how do you remove an audio file from a scene? As an example, a previous scene uploaded here (but sadly no longer appears to be available) called "jyy.Good_Morning.1" has an audio file called "morning street sounds" or something like that, with birds chirping and cars going by. If I go into the audio scene tab and remove that file it still plays. Any suggestions on how to get rid of it completely?

By the way, I've tried this with several scenes with the same problem. I'm only using the jyy.Good_Morning.1 scene as an example. If you need me to find another example scene that is still available let me know. I'm sure I'll get the same results. :)

To prevent audio from playing you have to find the trigger connection to the AudioSource that starts it. If you can't find it, open the scene JSON file with a text editor (e.g. Notepad++) and search for the filename. That should give you an idea.

Once started audio will keep playing until reaching the end of the audio file (unless it's set to loop, obviously). To stop it you have to play something else on the same AudioSource or use the Stop trigger.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom