Question Where are the audio files saved in a scene?

Jocks3D

Reactions
Patreon
callanscott
I've downloaded some scenes that have audio files, usually sound effects, music or someone moaning. I can see where other assets like clothing, hair and looks are saved but I can't find where the scene audio files are in case I'd like to delete them or replace with something else. Can anyone point me to where they are?

I've downloaded some scenes that have audio files, usually sound effects, music or someone moaning. I can see where other assets like clothing, hair and looks are saved but I can't find where the scene audio files are in case I'd like to delete them or replace with something else. Can anyone point me to where they are?
unless those sounds you get with the scenes they are jumping on our poor ears from the vam default list, normally you should look in the .var (with 7zip manager or any other compression utility app) ... sounds they are buried in that scene .var folder: "custom" etc.
finally: just explore the fu...g .var and you will find a lot of stuff that you dont need always to save, specially those damned duplicate or tremendous obsolete files some creators they still love so much to kick on our ass.

other eventuality:

look in the scene menu too... and before saving as your own new "new personal custom scene xyz..." 😂 you can also kill/delete all those noisy boring sound loops, screams, fucking effects you don't like and (but it is a PITA job) delete too any triggered sound related protocol/action in the scene animation you downloaded... the cleaning, sometimes, can help a lot the loading timing with a new personal customized saved scene .... specially if/when there are hundreds of tragic sound files in the original .var scene listed content. There is no risk in doing that, because you can't ruin the original scene .var unless you dare to do a manual edit of the .var content "offline" vam itself (each .var in-game editing is error-proof because of .var totally protected vam editing protocol).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you can't find audio files in the SceneAudio tab in VaM, it might also that plugins are used to load/play audio from AssetBundles (extensions *.assetbundle or *.audiobundle). AssetBundles have the benefit of loading MUCH faster, when you have hunderds of audio files there is pretty much no alternative as scene load would take minutes with regular scene audio, but just seconds with AssetBundles.

If you find plugin usage in the scene of LogicBricks SoundFromAB or RandomSoundFromAB that's a clear indication that at least some sounds come from AssetBundles. Also plugins Life and I think VaMMoan play audio from AssetBundle.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom