Question How to Remove any scenes background

Veyron_fan

Reactions
Hi all

Been playing around with using passthrough on quest 3 with some decent results. However currently I can only use scenes with empty black backgrounds and simple lighting along with the colourbackground plugin.

Is there a fairly easy way to take a scene that is not set in a plain black background and turn it into 1? So far only way I was able to do it was to select each and every object 1 by 1 and delete them all until the scene was empty. Was hoping someone more knowledgeable would know an easier way.

Ty

Sadly the only solution I’ve found is getting the pluginidea paid plugin to delete atoms directly from the select menu, it lets you turn them off or delete them entirely super easily. Some furniture items once you delete them might make the sex go off a bit, another issue is the lighting on most scenes is specific to the background so it has been difficult lighting the scene the right way.

Something I would like is a plugin that would automatically turn all textures of an atom to a specified solid color, that way I don’t have to delete furniture, I can just turn it green or blue. There is a plugin that supposedly does that but it has to be the color the creator says and it’s annoying to change it. Well I haven’t try it in a while so maybe I just didn’t understand how to use it.

Another thing I want to do is turn males into a solid color as well, or at least the penis, I’ve tried using condoms and making those green but there are too many reflections and I can’t ever get it quite right. There was a look that was a green man but it has tons of reflections and other things that didn’t work with pass through very well.

Upvote 0
So far only way I was able to do it was to select each and every object 1 by 1 and delete them all until the scene was empty. Was hoping someone more knowledgeable would know an easier way.
I would recommend KeyBindings plugin by AcidBubbles. It allows you to map "Delete Atom" to a hotkey, say "DEL" key on your keyboard. Makes it much easier to delete things quickly.

Upvote 0
Hi all

Been playing around with using passthrough on quest 3 with some decent results. However currently I can only use scenes with empty black backgrounds and simple lighting along with the colourbackground plugin.

Is there a fairly easy way to take a scene that is not set in a plain black background and turn it into 1? So far only way I was able to do it was to select each and every object 1 by 1 and delete them all until the scene was empty. Was hoping someone more knowledgeable would know an easier way.

Ty
Colorbackground 5 plugin now has a setting to automatically delete all objects for passthrough mode.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sadly the only solution I’ve found is getting the pluginidea paid plugin to delete atoms directly from the select menu, it lets you turn them off or delete them entirely super easily. Some furniture items once you delete them might make the sex go off a bit, another issue is the lighting on most scenes is specific to the background so it has been difficult lighting the scene the right way.

Something I would like is a plugin that would automatically turn all textures of an atom to a specified solid color, that way I don’t have to delete furniture, I can just turn it green or blue. There is a plugin that supposedly does that but it has to be the color the creator says and it’s annoying to change it. Well I haven’t try it in a while so maybe I just didn’t understand how to use it.

Another thing I want to do is turn males into a solid color as well, or at least the penis, I’ve tried using condoms and making those green but there are too many reflections and I can’t ever get it quite right. There was a look that was a green man but it has tons of reflections and other things that didn’t work with pass through very well.
I only just found out there is a free transparency plugin that literally just lets you adjust the alpha for a model. Added to male character and instantly invisible but still there so doesn't ruin the animations 👍

Upvote 0
I only just found out there is a free transparency plugin that literally just lets you adjust the alpha for a model. Added to male character and instantly invisible but still there so doesn't ruin the animations 👍
What’s the name of said plugin

Upvote 0
Either you use the latest version of Camera Background Color to 1-click render only the person atoms, lights (this will just hide them, still eating the ressources) or you use the Atom Tool from Hub to quickly batch delete everything you want to be roemoved. For turning single persons atoms invisible, use Character Transarency plugin.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom