Question How to package VAR scene with poses?

ILAFVB

Reactions
When I package a scene into VAR file and put audio, poses and hair to be included in said VAR, it creates VAR file will all this stuff in AddonPackages. But when I put this VAR file into my second installation of VAM, sound works correctly, hair is also working when I open the scene but for poses VAM says it is missing the reference.

How do I make it so that VAM uses poses from VAR file of the scene? Like they are there included in file but how do link it so VAM uses them instead of looking for them in VAM/Custom/Atom/Person/Poses where they are not?

All the poses scenes and stuff is made by me, no redistribution.

Perhaps you did something wrong in the packaging. If the poses are used in the scene you don't need to include them manually in Package Manager, the scanning of the scene will include them and update the paths when you click "fix ...".
Same goes for everything that the scene uses, don't add them separately to the list, let VaM do that for you.

Upvote 0
I found the fix.
I was using LoadPoseWithName, so I just wrote name of pose and it looked for pose but only in VAM/Custom/Atom/Person/Poses local files, even if files were included in scene VAR file, but when I changed it to LoadPoseWithPath and chose file from Custom/Atom/Person/Poses, package manager does say they are missing and I fix it in package manager and it works even in my second installation!

Upvote 0
I found the fix.
I was using LoadPoseWithName, so I just wrote name of pose and it looked for pose but only in VAM/Custom/Atom/Person/Poses local files, even if files were included in scene VAR file, but when I changed it to LoadPoseWithPath and chose file from Custom/Atom/Person/Poses, package manager does say they are missing and I fix it in package manager and it works even in my second installation!
Turns out that what was a problem for you the other day is a solution for a problem I was trying to solve. Problems become opportunities.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom