Question How to make one person's head follow another's?

SlimerJSpud

Reactions
I'm looking for a simple way to make one person's head follow another person's head. If you have one person in a conversation who's a little animated, and the other stands there like a statue, it's a bit odd. I know about eye control, but I'd like to have one person's head turn to follow another's around. Thanks.

I've been trying this one:

Upvote 0
MacGruber's Gaze plugin does exactly what you are describing. It is part of his Life package

Upvote 0
I can't use the audio-synchronized breathing part, because the breathing is already controlled by something else. When they fight, it's not pretty. o_O

Upvote 0
I'm not so sure searchlight is the best way. It looks like it points a whole atom towards something, which could be a person's head, but I don't want the whole person pointing towards the other person. The animation needs to do that.

Upvote 0
Besides Gaze (from my Life package) for Head rotation and of course Glance (by AcidBubbles) for eye movement, you may also want to have a look at my IdlePoser. It has this "Anchor" feature, which is kind of a "soft-parenting to up to 2 objects", but for each individual control node and state. You could for example create an animation that has one character move from their hand from their own hip (100% anchor to own hip) to the cheek of another character (100% anchor to target character's head), with a control point in between (e.g. 40% anchor to own hip and 60% anchor to target character chest). That gives you a smooth animation for the hand, despite both characters doing other independent animations for other body parts simultaneously.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I thought about Idle Poser. It's complicated. It looks like it has all the things I'd like to do, but there's that learning curve. I'll get there at some point!

Upvote 0
"Welcome to the first tutorial for Idle Poser. Please take a seat." :eek:

Attachments

• ConcordeCockpitSinsheim.sm.jpg
    ConcordeCockpitSinsheim.sm.jpg
    444.3 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom