Question How to align many buttons neatly ?

VamPire

Reactions
How to align many buttons neatly vertically and horizontally?

I also ever saw many buttons but with only one control visible in the scene, but inside the list of objects I see many buttons inside it, how to do that ?

The Move tab has boxes where you can enter a value. You can align all the X, Z dimensions, and make the Y's different by some fixed increment. Sometimes the button control nodes themselves are hidden so you don't grab them by mistake, but they are all parented to one control so you can move the whole menu to your liking. You can choose to view hidden items from the selection tab.

Upvote 0
How to align many buttons neatly vertically and horizontally?
You can use the buttons on the Move tab, snap to the grid, then move in 10cm increments, etc.

When working in Desktop mode (recommended) you can also use PowerHandles. Hold CTRL+Space to move while staying snapped to the grid. Grid size can be adjusted in the plugin settings. PowerHandles is part of "Essentials":

I also ever saw many buttons but with only one control visible in the scene
If you mean the buttons are really gone and not visble/clickable for the player....that would be the "On" checkbox on the Control tab of the atom. This can also be done by trigger.

However, possibly you describe "hidden" atoms? Every atom also has "Hidden" checkbox on it's Control tab. With that the object is still there and visible/clickable,it just hides the UI (meaning the green squares) for them. That also prevents selecting them. In the Selection menu there is a "Show Hidden" option (toggle with "H" in Desktop mode) that allows you to select hidden things again. This feature is really helpful when building complex scenes to hide things to not accidentally select/change them.

Upvote 0
@MacGruber Thanks for the plugin, I will try it later when I get back to VaM again.

Here are the buttons I meant above, it's from Coffy 50 animated sex loops.
If I check the list of objects for buttons (or is it atoms as Vam call it), there is only one UIButton there
Screenshot_45.jpg

But when I use paid plugin like SPQRAlive (Aeternum) , it shows that one button actually has many ui buttons in it.
Screenshot_46.jpg

And here is mine, each button is separate and I have to manually align each one, and not even aligned perfectly
Screenshot_47.jpg

Upvote 0
From the screenshots it does indeed look like all UIButtons where parented to the first one, so you can move them all as one. All except that first button were then hidden, as described above.

When creating so many buttons, another plugin that may be helpful is Keybindings (by AcidBubbles). It allows you to have a hotkey for duplicating atoms (in Desktop mode). So you setup one single button with correct colors, size, fonzsize, etc and duplicate form there, only changing text and trigger.

Upvote 0
From the screenshots it does indeed look like all UIButtons where parented to the first one, so you can move them all as one. All except that first button were then hidden, as described above.

When creating so many buttons, another plugin that may be helpful is Keybindings (by AcidBubbles). It allows you to have a hotkey for duplicating atoms (in Desktop mode). So you setup one single button with correct colors, size, fonzsize, etc and duplicate form there, only changing text and trigger.
Ok thanks, I will look into it when working with my buttons.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom