Question how to change subscenes using buttons without duplicating persons

woodnic

Reactions
Hey, i searched the forum, youtube and nearly the whole internet, but the amount of questions had been multiplied :)

i created two subscenes and two buttons to load the subscenes, but everytime i am pressing the different buttons there will spawn new persons.
How do i connect those subscenes with just my two persons?

EDIT:

one way it worked for me was to add a second action to the trigger (clearsub scene)
not everytime it will first delet the persons and then spawn new ones.
question: is there a smarter way to change the scenes?

Hope i could describe what was in my mind :D
Thanks for your answers :)

Last edited:
By "load the subscenes" do you mean turn the subscene ON, or are you talking about MergeLoadScene (Core Control > SceneLoader > MergeLoadScene ) ?

If it helps, upload here the scene you created to see what might be the problem.

Upvote 0
thank you for your answer :)

i try to explain: I have two persons in my scene and two different sex locations. one scene on a bed, another on the floor. i activate the two scenes with an UIButton. this works fine.
but everytime i want to switch the scene location it will spawn another two persons, that i have two on the bed and two on the floor. and i have to manually clear the subscene.

hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Just need a couple of questions to make it clearer to me:
  • When you click multiple times the person button in the UI, how many does it go through? 2 or 4?
  • You mention the word spawn, are you using the plugin Spawn point?

Upvote 0
I'm no expert, but it could be a UID/name issue. It could either be that both of your subscene have a different subscene signature OR your atoms doesn't share the same name across all your subscene. I think the latter doesn't matter but you can try both to be sure.

Upvote 0
1. when i click multible times the same button just 2 persons.
when i click the second scene button to load the other scene eg on the bed then there are 4 persons.

2. no plugin loaded on no person.

some more information:
-the creator names ("me") and the subscene signatures ("room") share the same names, only the subscenes savenames are different
- when there are 4 persons, they are named ("room/person#1 and room/person#2) and (room#2/person#1 and room#2/person#2)
- the first subscene is named Room, the second Room#2, when i try to rename the subscene just to "Room" to the same nameit always switches back to Room#2
-if i click the UIbutton multible times of subscene room#2 it changes from Room#2 to Room#3 and back to room#2

ha hope now its not even more difficult to understand. thanks for your help :)

Upvote 0
I'm no expert, but it could be a UID/name issue. It could either be that both of your subscene have a different subscene signature OR your atoms doesn't share the same name across all your subscene. I think the latter doesn't matter but you can try both to be sure.
Perhaps @meow95z got the right direction in what may be acting up, the names. Can you try making more distinct names and see if the problem continues? Save it as a different scene name and restart VaM to have a clean play test.

Upvote 0
SubScenes are sometimes weird with naming and it could be the issue here.
Maybe even related to this exact report:

Upvote 0
thanks, i will try out a few things now.

do you have any other suggestions like plugins or other ways to move around two actors by pressing an UI Button?

Upvote 0
hey guys i figured out my problem.

i created for each pose/location a seperate subscene and parented the actors to the new subscene.

i just need one subscene with the parented actors. or something like that :D

thanks for your help!

Upvote 0
some more information:
-the creator names ("me") and the subscene signatures ("room") share the same names, only the subscenes savenames are different
- when there are 4 persons, they are named ("room/person#1 and room/person#2) and (room#2/person#1 and room#2/person#2)
- the first subscene is named Room, the second Room#2, when i try to rename the subscene just to "Room" to the same nameit always switches back to Room#2
-if i click the UIbutton multible times of subscene room#2 it changes from Room#2 to Room#3 and back to room#2

The reason why it gets renamed to Room#2 is because you have two subscenes atom with the same name hence the replica. Try to load your subscene with only 1 subscene atom, your person atoms will probably not spawn at your desired location when you load your other subscene. To remedy, you have to save the other ''location'' with the same subscene atom you created. I'm not sure if it is clear enough.

Upvote 0
do you have any other suggestions like plugins or other ways to move around two actors by pressing an UI Button?
I would recommend you to just use the timeline plugin, its perfect for what you need.
It has "save pose" option, so when you switch between animations your character will move anywhere you want

Upvote 0
You may want to take a look at the example scenes that come with LogicBricks. Examples 25 and 26 both deal with SubScenes.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom