Question Moving SubScenes

Reactions
I've saved a subscene from an existing scene. When I load it into a different scene, it works perfectly, BUT when I attempt to move it, the animation gets all distorted and no longer works. I seemingly can only use the subscene in the exact same area of the scene in which I saved the original subscene. Is there a way to stop this from happening so I can use/move the subscene anywhere while keeping the animation as is?

Not sure i fully understand "the animation gets all distorted" part...

But as quick reminder,
subScene atom (not subscenes itself) inside scene have "freeze physics & sound while grabbing"option enabled by default (Control tab).
I don't know if that's your issue. How to make time not freeze when moving a subscene
thx for the reply. i actually figured it out. when i select the subscene atom and move it, everything stays as is and works perfectly. what i was doing before was selecting the subscene/person atom and trying to move that and that's when things got out of whack.

i'm not sure this is going to make sense, but sometimes my saved subscenes are far away in the scene, not right in front of me. is there a way to save subscenes to assure when they open they do so close like the default model in the default scene?

Upvote 0
Subscene atom position inside a scene is kinda "irrelevant".
More important is where you saved atoms inside subScene itself.

example:
If you have person at root position X=-3.000 and save subscene,
when loading that subscene person atom is gonna spawn at X=-3.000 in relation to subscene atom position (not main scene).
So if subscene atom (inside a scene) is at X=-3.000 already than person atom is gonna be at X=-6.000 (if that makes sense).

Only way to fix location of atoms inside subscene is to make sure they are saved at "correct" location in the first place.
(when it comes to positioning, think of a subscene as "independent scene", when you move subscene atom you basically are moving "entire scene").

Default person "spawn" location is x=0 y=0 z=0 (same for subscene atom when you add it inside scene).
So if person atom is not centered, you should move subscene by same amount in opposite directions.
example:
Let's say your "far away" person root is at X=-4.000 and Z=-2.000,
in order to bring it back to "default" 0-0 you should move subscene atom to X=4.000 and Z=2.000

Hope this all makes sense. 😅

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Subscene atom position inside a scene is kinda "irrelevant".
More important is where you saved atoms inside subScene itself.

example:
If you have person at root position X=-3.000 and save subscene,
when loading that subscene person atom is gonna spawn at X=-3.000 in relation to subscene atom position (not main scene).
So if subscene atom (inside a scene) is at X=-3.000 already than person atom is gonna be at X=-6.000 (if that makes sense).

Only way to fix location of atoms inside subscene is to make sure they are saved at "correct" location in the first place.
(when it comes to positioning, think of a subscene as "independent scene", when you move subscene atom you basically are moving "entire scene").

Default person "spawn" location is x=0 y=0 z=0 (same for subscene atom when you add it inside scene).
So if person atom is not centered, you should move subscene by same amount in opposite directions.
example:
Let's say your "far away" person root is at X=-4.000 and Z=-2.000,
in order to bring it back to "default" 0-0 you should move subscene atom to X=4.000 and Z=2.000

Hope this all makes sense. 😅
that made complete sense and totally worked! thank you! i needed to also adjust the locations of the animations associated with the subscene to make everything remain as is and look correct. thanks again!

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom