Question Importing animations with subscenes

jl2015

Reactions
Hello. I am having some trouble importing subscenes successfully. I have a full scene that I downloaded from the HUB. The scene has two characters and some buttons for changing up the animations. My goal is to import a third character with its own animation. I have successfully created a subscene with the third character and can import the subscene with the animation in tact. When I import the character I have to move her to the desired location. No problem there. However, when I click any of the buttons from the original scene to change the animations, the new imported character from the subsecene snaps to the original imported location and I have to move her back. Is the a way to disable movement of the character when importing them in a subscene? Thanks.

Hello. I am having some trouble importing subscenes successfully. I have a full scene that I downloaded from the HUB. The scene has two characters and some buttons for changing up the animations. My goal is to import a third character with its own animation. I have successfully created a subscene with the third character and can import the subscene with the animation in tact. When I import the character I have to move her to the desired location. No problem there. However, when I click any of the buttons from the original scene to change the animations, the new imported character from the subsecene snaps to the original imported location and I have to move her back. Is the a way to disable movement of the character when importing them in a subscene? Thanks.
In the animation of the imported character, is the person control node animated as a Timeline target?
You can also try to stop the animation, move the char to desired place, then keyframe all nodes and save/overwrite pose.

Upvote 0
In the animation of the imported character, is the person control node animated as a Timeline target?
You can also try to stop the animation, move the char to desired place, then keyframe all nodes and save/overwrite pose.
It doesn't appear that the person control node is animated. I am not experienced with Timeline though, I'm just hacking things together. See the config below.

1698422364569.png

Upvote 0
Do you mean the triggers track in AcidBubbles Timeline plug? There are keyframes on that track. Should there not be?

Upvote 0
Does the pose include the Atom's position? If so, is there a way to delete only the position key frames?

Upvote 0
Here's how I use subscenes. Follow these steps and it should work for you as well.

1. Create the subscene atom.

2. Move the subscene atom to just above the person atoms you want to add to the subscene. You will probably have to do this in VR since it is virtually impossible in desktop mode to place something accurately in 3d.

3. Link the person atoms you want in the subscene to the subscene in their control tabs. Disable collision on any atoms you plan to add to the subscene. You'll thank me later. believe me.

4. Link any other atoms you want in the subscene the same way.

5. If the scene includes a timeline animation, go into timeline's pose tab. Uncheck "use pose root" for all person atoms in their timeline animations. This will allow the animation to run despite the location of the person atom.

6. If the subscene includes a mocap animation you will probably need to load the plugin "Mocap switcher." Use that to save the mocap animation. You will need to load it onto any person atoms in the animation.

7. Create the name of the subscene and it's id name.

8. To verify that everything works properly, you should save the scene first. Then, in the subscene clear the present subscene. Then reload it. It should load the scene exactly as it was when you saved it.

9. You should now be able to import the subscene into a different scene. If the scene already includes other person atoms who are the same as the ones you are importing, you should delete them. Otherwise, you'll have four person atoms in the scene and that takes a lot of computing power.

10. Once you create the new subscene atom. Place it where you want the animation to occur. Load the subscene. You will probably have to fiddle with the direction and rotation because rarely does it appear the way you want it to. I generally place the subscene atom way above any other atoms, such as a bed or sofa. Otherwise your animation will clip into the physical atoms. That's why we disabled collision, to avoid explosions.

In some cases, you will need to edit the timeline animation. Poses don't always come out exactly as there were when you created the subscene. But it's better than building a new one from scratch.

In order to use a mocap animation, in the new scene, you have to unlink any person atoms from the subscene.

I hope this helps. And I hope I haven't forgotten any steps.

Upvote 0
It doesn't appear that the person control node is animated. I am not experienced with Timeline though, I'm just hacking things together. See the config below.

View attachment 300538
I think you're going about this in a difficult way. Since you have the person controls, you don't need to create controls for the fluid editor and auto labia. Those can be modified with triggers at specific times in the timeline. All the various parameters of the plugins can be controlled through a trigger. You'll want to keep the dildo control though.

The person control atom doesn't actually get animated unless you move a body part. If you have the person controls selected and make a change to their position on the timeline, that will animate them.
For example: if you were to move the scrubber to say 2.0sec in the timeline, then select the head control make an adjustment to it and set a keyframe, when you run the animation the head will move.

For example. you can add a keyframe for the dildo when it goes in. (which it appears you have done already) If you add a trigger at that point, you can adjust the auto labia plugin and the fluid plugin if you want it to shoot fluids. You don't need to make controls for them.

I generally only use person atoms and their geometries in timeline, except for an occasional item like a dildo which needs to be animated. Any plugin I need to use will be done with triggers. You can activate and change parameters for multiple plugins in one trigger.

For example: in some of my sex animations I might have the man orgasming with VAMMoan and cumming with Fluids while loading a clothing preset of cum onto the female or adding it through geometry, all in the same trigger.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom