Question how move both actors at the same time ?

orimesh

Reactions
i have this scene where two actors interact with each other, i want to place them at a different spot in the room but if i move them individually the animation get screwed over, is there a smart way to mve them both at the same time ( freeze physics ) so that the animation is kept intact ?

These are some ways to move them at the same time.

1. Parent them to a common atom, e.g., an Empty. When you move the empty they should move at the same time. As for freezing physics, you could check "Freeze Physics" for each of them individually before moving.

2. Add them to a SubScene and use the SubScene control to move them all at the same time.

Upvote 0
Parenting to a common atom is brilliant. SubScenes confuse me, and I haven't quite figured out how to include what I want in the subscene. I was getting a situation where I thought I was moving the figures/persons - but when I followed the Macgruber tutorial and added a button to load the subscene - the figures that were already loaded remained and the subscene loaded two more copies of them, causing physics explosions. This seems to have created another problem for me - where I tried hiding one of the figures. In the Person Control & Physics 1 tab, I turned that figure "off". Now, when I load the scene - if I hit <U>, <E>dit <N>ext only Person #2 is selectable. I also can't click on any of the control points of Person 1. I have to click the Select Arrow, enable "Show Hidden", scroll down to Person, select Control - and then I access Person that way.

I've looked all over for a way to "unhide" Person #1 - but I can't seem to find it. Selecting "On" or unselecting it in Person Control & Physics tab doesn't change this.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom