Question How to set the time interval of the trigger action

lianshiye0

Reactions
Twitter
Now I have two questions, please help me out.
The first question: If there are many action commands under one trigger. I want to set the time interval in two actions. For example, the trigger executes the first action, and then waits 10 minutes to execute the second action. But I can't find the place to set it.
Second question: What is the difference between the start action and the end action of the trigger. I set a series of actions and the effect seems to be the same whether I set it under the start action or under the end action.

The first question: If there are many action commands under one trigger. I want to set the time interval in two actions. For example, the trigger executes the first action, and then waits 10 minutes to execute the second action. But I can't find the place to set it.
VaM does not have that capability, at least not "under one trigger". You could use a LogicBricks Delay brick, though. Trigger the Delay with your first action, then have the Delay trigger your second action. Since 10 minutes is rather long you need to use the Range-Buttons on the Delay's time setting to extend the slider range for the 600 seconds you need.
I recommend to check out at least the LogicBricks Introduction video tutorial from this page:

Second question: What is the difference between the start action and the end action of the trigger. I set a series of actions and the effect seems to be the same whether I set it under the start action or under the end action.
Start/End does not make sense in every context. If the source of the trigger is for example the scene animation timeline or an AnimationPattern atom, you set your triggers as a time period, not a single point in time. Then the "start" is triggered at the beginning of the time frame, "end" is triggered at the end. In between you got the transition trigger, which is a value slowly going from 0 to 1.
The CollisionTrigger atom also triggers start when the collision is first detected, and ends when the collision ends. Here the transition trigger is just 0 for being outside and 1 for being inside, with nothing in between.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom