Question Suddenly cannot move hands most of the time

Wolforano

Reactions
Heyho!

The problem occured since today. Even in the default scene (i have no session plugins active) most the time I cannot move (or rotate) the hands of the model.

Here is a short video. The weird thing is, sometimes it works (two times in the video I COULD move the hand properly), but just shortly, then it was locked again:

Has anybody any idea how to solve that? Even when looking at the atoms preferences, there is nothing different than in the other atoms.

Thanks in advance!

Nothing looked wrong in your video.
The head nodes were ON, but there's a limit on how far they can go when you pull them.
The hands were on comply, so they have a different effect than ON.
And the hip you didn't show so I don't know what it was like in the control nodes.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply.

I should have said before, that I work with VAM for quite some time now, so the different states are known to me. I work regularly with "on", "comply" and parent atoms. Even locked atoms before intentionally.

What was wrong in the video is: I try to move the hand many times, but it won't let me move the hand. Nothing happens if I click and hold the atom. That only occured to the hands, and only 90 % of the time, 2 times in the video I could move it successfully. Its hard to figure out in the video, because you can't see me clicking. But I do from time to time.

I made another video, here you should see more clearly what is going on. In this video I click most of the body parts of the default model, I lift them and let them go a second later. That way I move through the body, doing the same with most body parts. The hands are the only body parts that I cannot lift. They are not movable, no matter what I do.

I work with VAM for so long, its amazing how I never ever had to deal with the problem, that I couldnt move the hands suddenly. Not even in the default scene, that has no plugins and stuff whatsoever XD

Last edited:
Upvote 0
First thing you can do is make sure the base VaM is all fine. Run a core check (vam_updater.exe).
It's also not in a protected folder of any kind, like Program Files and the likes, right?

Upvote 0
Core Check successful, not a protected folder.

But here is some good news: the problem is gone. I didnt do anything^^ Bugfixing can be weird sometimes.

But thanks for your help! If any other person encounters this issue: be patient, it might just go away.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom