Question Hands, VR hands are a fraud! I cannot see them!!!

Smellyone

Reactions
Hands, VR hands are a fraud! I cannot see them!!!
I've tried acouple of settings on the VR2 screen...Hands, SphereKinematic...
guess NOBODY has the intelligence or grade 6 english enough, or 2 shits of common sense to imagine that
THIS IS SOMETHING THAT PEOPLE WILL WANT TO TRY OUT!!!
but not one molecule of DNA anywhere is capable of understanding that:
THIS IS SOMETHING THAT MERITS SiMPLE EXPLAINING !!!
ie., are these hands ONLY for CONSOLE or VR GEAR equipped players?
or can ordinary PC players have VR HANDS with just a keyboard and mouse?
very simple things...

Hi Smellione,
Sorry that you are unhappy with VaM. It has indeed a very difficult learning curve, and even experienced users don't know the function of every single button.
It has begun as a very simple "VR-Experience" with only some few functions and grow to what it is now. So you literally can create everything you can imagine, it has to offer a thousand options and settings. It is now a so called Sandbox-Tool, not a casual game. You have to put some effort in it to get pleasant results, and the free testing version is only a very small part with almost no important functions. As you can see from all the many fans, it is worth the effort IMHO. VaM is far from beeing perfect and still in development. It was a wild ride to get all the functionalities it has now, one by one, and that means it is not always logical or straightforward. The maker of VaM is preparing a future all-new version for a while now, which needs many months more to get even to the point where the complicated present version is today.

To you question: VaM was made with PC-VR in mind. That was and still is the big sensation. The non-VR mode is only a side project and will IMHO never reach all the functionalities of the VR-mode. Maybe there are some non-VR experts who have found a way to use the VR-Hands... But as the name says: those hands are for VR. "Ordinary PC players" have all the thousands of great games and tools. Please allow us VR-players to have some few exclusive stuff, too. ;-)

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom