Question How do you replace a character model in a community created scene?

Reactions
Is there an easy way to replace a character from a community created scene with one of my choosing and will it persist throughout scene changes for the more story driven content. For example, if I wanted to replace one of sapuzek's female characters throughout a whole run through of the story, is that possible without breaking the file?

Is there an easy way to replace a character from a community created scene with one of my choosing and will it persist throughout scene changes for the more story driven content. For example, if I wanted to replace one of sapuzek's female characters throughout a whole run through of the story, is that possible without breaking the file?
No way yet to have the look persists. The best way I’ve found is loading the look/person I prefer and saving it. It’s time consuming and you’ll have to do it for each scene.

Upvote 0
No way yet to have the look persists. The best way I’ve found is loading the look/person I prefer and saving it. It’s time consuming and you’ll have to do it for each scene.

Could you help me out with doing this process? Loading the look/person and saving it I mean. I wouldn't mind doing it for every scene if my model will load on every scene after that.

Upvote 0
That's an old post. The ability was added last August. It only works for scenes that use merge scene loading. It works for sapuzex' scenes, except the few points where it does a regular scene load, like when the location and characters change.

Before You Start:
  1. Load up your desired look. It doesn't matter what's in the scene, as long as your Person is there.
  2. Select the Person you want to save.
  3. If you don't want to save the clothes, then remove them.
  4. Go to the Appearance Presets tab. Type in whatever name you want and save it as an appearance.
Easy Way:
If you don't care about keeping the clothes from the scene (or if the person is just nude the entire time), then you can do this:
  1. Load up the first scene. Select the Person.
  2. Go to the Appearance Presets tab and load the appearance that you saved.
  3. On the Appearance Presets tab, check "Lock Controller Param Values". This locks your look across scenes.
Advanced Way:
If you want to use the clothes from the scene, do this:
  1. Load up the first scene. Select the Person.
  2. Go to the Clothing Presets tab and check "Lock Controller Param Values". This keeps the clothes from the scene.
  3. Go to the Appearance Presets tab and load the appearance that you saved. Do NOT lock this.
  4. Go to the Clothing Presets tab and uncheck "Lock Controller Param Values". This allows clothes to change again.
  5. On each of the Hair Presets, Morph Presets, and Skin Presets tabs, check "Lock Controller Param Values".

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom