• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Height Measure Plugin

Plugins Height Measure Plugin

I face a problem that the plugin can't work today
Compile of LFE.HeightMeasure.35:/Custom/Scripts/LFE/HeightMeasure/HeightMeasurePlugin.cslist failed. Errors:
I have tried reloading it, reinstalling it and replacing the var. with the newest version and close open all the soft body thing
but it still can't work

love the script my only pet peeve is no feet size measurement but we can't get everyting in life u know

Hey man...awesome work on this!

A few thoughts/suggestions/requests:

For manual mode, it would be useful to be able to have a "heel height" and "scale" option. If we're measuring a picture, it can be tricky to guesstimate where to put the markers. If we could set the head and heel height then apply a scale factor to it, it'd make sizing up photos a bit easier. ;)

Going from manual to automatic - it would be *amazing* if it were possible to export the manual measurements, then import them onto a model, and have the plugin try to automatically adjust the various scale factors until the measurements line up. I'm sure that's a much bigger can of worms than you'd originally opened, but it almost seems like the next logical step. ;)

If applying the plugin to an imagepanel, the manual measurement guide lines start out behind the panel. It'd be neat if it's x position was just a smidge forward.

Keep up the awesome work!

Hi @venkman

The latest release adds features that I think you were talking about.

Try adding the manual markers to an image panel like you normally would. A difference now is that if you use the "Scale" option in physics, the measurements will be scaled proportionally as well.

Next on the Person, open the Manual marker section. In the options you should see a dropdown that lets you copy/mirror measurements of any other thing in the scene that also has manual markers on them. By default it will scale them to the models height (proportional) but if you really want those measurements from the image panel to be absolute you can untoggle that.

Let me know how that works out for you.

I really love this plugin, but I'm a little confused:
1) Just to be sure: Is the included pose "LFE.HeightMeasure.38:HeightMeasure" recommended for measurements? (one would think so, bcs otherwise ... why include it, right?)
-> However, that pose has an "offset" to the ground - ie the root node is about delta_y=0.110 lower than the soles of the character's feet (default female char, scale 1.0).
Which limits the use any "absolute" measurements (like eg headheight in "manual markers")?
Worse, it affects the headscaling measurement - and hence, the autoheadscaling (which I reallyreally love, btw).
Example:
* Female default char in T-pose has headheight=175.2cm and headscale=7.7
* Female default char in "LFE.HeightMeasure.38:HeightMeasure" has headheight=180.2cm and headscale=7.9

That kinda defeats the utility of the autoheadscaling feature, if a proportional measure (headscale=height in units of headheight) is dependent on the pose?

2) I'd really love to use the "proportional guides" - but its "autodetect" feature is ... really confusing me.
* The markers don't overlap with their counterparts from the "regular" measurement (eg shoulder markers, chin2shoulder, shoulder2crotch etc) when I use autodetect?
* The measurements in proportional guides seem contingent on each other? Eg. when I set the "height in heads" target to 7.7 (the measurement from the headscale feature), all the other markers change?

Am I doing smth. wrong? Should I use a specific pose, or option along with the proportional guides?

Feature request: An option to select "head scale" morph as default for the autoheadscaling feature instead of the "head big" morph? Doesn't have to be another item in the gui - I'd be totally content with a config textfile that I could edit?

Feature request: An option to select "head scale" morph as default for the autoheadscaling feature instead of the "head big" morph? Doesn't have to be another item in the gui - I'd be totally content with a config textfile that I could edit?

the way I set my own defaults - set the plugin settings up how you like, and then save a plugin preset. Load that plugin preset from then on out.

In this way you can choose "head scale" and then use plugin presets to load in your preferred setup.

Last edited:
I really love this plugin, but I'm a little confused:
1) Just to be sure: Is the included pose "LFE.HeightMeasure.38:HeightMeasure" recommended for measurements? (one would think so, bcs otherwise ... why include it, right?)
-> However, that pose has an "offset" to the ground - ie the root node is about delta_y=0.110 lower than the soles of the character's feet (default female char, scale 1.0).
Which limits the use any "absolute" measurements (like eg headheight in "manual markers")?
Worse, it affects the headscaling measurement - and hence, the autoheadscaling (which I reallyreally love, btw).
Example:
* Female default char in T-pose has headheight=175.2cm and headscale=7.7
* Female default char in "LFE.HeightMeasure.38:HeightMeasure" has headheight=180.2cm and headscale=7.9

That kinda defeats the utility of the autoheadscaling feature, if a proportional measure (headscale=height in units of headheight) is dependent on the pose?

2) I'd really love to use the "proportional guides" - but its "autodetect" feature is ... really confusing me.
* The markers don't overlap with their counterparts from the "regular" measurement (eg shoulder markers, chin2shoulder, shoulder2crotch etc) when I use autodetect?
* The measurements in proportional guides seem contingent on each other? Eg. when I set the "height in heads" target to 7.7 (the measurement from the headscale feature), all the other markers change?

Am I doing smth. wrong? Should I use a specific pose, or option along with the proportional guides?

I do not measure based on the root node if that is what you are concerned about. It measures a straight line from heel to top of head using points on the skin itself. The more you make your character “stand straight”, the better your measurements.

The proportion markers set to “auto” tries to find the closest proportion option in the preset proportions available in the drop-down based on the models actual measuremnts. For example “female adult”.

Try picking a target proportion to see what I mean. You can always add your own custom proportion targets as well and give them a name (save any changes as a plugin preset to save them and load them for later use)

My goal is to find point 123456 position AFTER all morphs are applied so that I know a real position. Unfortunately, the VaM internals I am using do not always give me the right position with all of the calculations but other times it does. Right now I feel dumb and am stumped.

So I was poking around in the sources because I wanted to add head circumference functionality. I found the source code for DAZSkinV2 somewhere, and from there probed a few properties. The skinning method is GPU. For some reason, this leads to rawSkinnedVerts not getting updated reliably I guess? I found some verts getting updated, others not. Might be related to posing, but I am not sure.

What you can instead do is read the vertex positions directly from the GPU compute buffer roughly like so:

Code:
private Vector3[] vertsBuffer = new Vector3[_dazSkin.rawSkinnedVerts.Length];
_dazSkin.rawVertsBuffer.GetData(vertsBuffer, 0, 0, vertsBuffer.Length);

It's pretty expensive though, so doing that every frame is not a good idea. There probably is a better way to find out which vertices need updating, but I haven't found one so far. Spreading out GetData() across several frames and copying smaller chunks will be the way to go if this is the only way to get good data I guess.

Last edited:
What I don't get: I use the Auto Face Guides but they show me just where the approbiate key positions (eyes, mouth, bottom of nose) actually are, not where they should be for a standard face.

What I don't get: I use the Auto Face Guides but they show me just where the approbiate key positions (eyes, mouth, bottom of nose) actually are, not where they should be for a standard face.

Yeah I did not implement the proportion-style measurements only the this-is-what-they-are measurements.

I've used the existing measurements as overlays to an image panel of people I am trying to model as I am messing with morphs - changing morphs until the lines seem to match the reference picture.

Probably a good idea to add a face proportion section as a feature at some point when time permits

Please add a feature that allows this plugin to measure penis data on women's bodies and breast data on men's bodies. Thank you.

Loving all the work you have put into this so far. I do have on request which I hope you will consider; Can we disable soft body requirements when the plugin is in use? I have dynamic scenes where the scale changes but the soft body physics being mandatory causes some slowdown and lag.

Loving all the work you have put into this so far. I do have on request which I hope you will consider; Can we disable soft body requirements when the plugin is in use? I have dynamic scenes where the scale changes but the soft body physics being mandatory causes some slowdown and lag.
For now it is not possible. Many of the body reference points are only available to code when soft body physics is on. If I somehow find a way to find all reference points for the body without soft body physics I will remove that requirement.

For now it is not possible. Many of the body reference points are only available to code when soft body physics is on. If I somehow find a way to find all reference points for the body without soft body physics I will remove that requirement.
Understood, thank you for considering it!

Back
Top Bottom