Resource icon

Plugins HeelAdjust

prestigitis

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Website
www.patreon.com
prestigitis submitted a new resource:

HeelAdjust - Foot pose adjustments and colliders for high heels and thick-soled shoes.

https://www.patreon.com/prestigitis

My resources on VaMHub
Previously released on Discord on 9 January 2020: https://discord.com/channels/363274293112602636/647848785288101889/664991511066312715

Add this script to a Person atom to add colliders and adjust foot poses for high heels or thick soled shoes. Foot pose and collider...​

Read more about this resource...

Getting this error every time I add the plugin, and it doesn't seem to adjust the heels:
!> Exception caught: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at prestigitis.HeelAdjust.SaveFootFCV3RotationStates () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at prestigitis.HeelAdjust.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Getting this error every time I add the plugin, and it doesn't seem to adjust the heels:
!> Exception caught: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at prestigitis.HeelAdjust.SaveFootFCV3RotationStates () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at prestigitis.HeelAdjust.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Hi bill_prime, the closest I could get to recreating this error was by loading HeelAdjust on a male Person, which is not supported yet. The SaveFootFCV3RotationStates function refers to the foot freecontrollers in the Person hierarchy - I don't remember that changing between VaM versions, but just in case, what version of VaM are you using? Also, have you tried loading it on a clean new Person?

Hi bill_prime, the closest I could get to recreating this error was by loading HeelAdjust on a male Person, which is not supported yet. The SaveFootFCV3RotationStates function refers to the foot freecontrollers in the Person hierarchy - I don't remember that changing between VaM versions, but just in case, what version of VaM are you using? Also, have you tried loading it on a clean new Person?

I figured out what was causing it, not sure why though. The person was linked to a Parent Atom for model rotation like in this scene:

When I remove the Parent Atom link from the person the error goes away and it works:
1649970597477.png

Glad you got it worked out, and thanks for sharing your findings for anyone who runs into this issue in the future. I'll have to try this myself sometime...

Hello author,
this plugin is very good
Recently, I found a small problem. After starting and changing the value, I go to update the clothing or click the next page. The value of the plugin will automatically return to 0.
I don’t know if anyone has the same reaction question
thank you

Hello author,
this plugin is very good
Recently, I found a small problem. After starting and changing the value, I go to update the clothing or click the next page. The value of the plugin will automatically return to 0.
I don’t know if anyone has the same reaction question
thank you
Hi a1942y, the plugin detects clicks in the clothing UI so it knows when to auto-load settings. When it detects a click, it checks to see what clothing is equipped and loads the heeladjust file for it. So if there is no clothing on the Person that has a corresponding heeladjust file, then it resets the foot pose. You can turn off auto-load if you don't want this to happen, or save the heeladjust file before clicking in the clothing UI. Hope that helps!

Hi!
thx for the plugin. im really nu to vam so still figuring out stuffs and my only problem is that the plugin resets the collision setup after reloading the scene. outside of that it works fine the other setups. it remembers the foot / toe rotations just the collision not. :(
what im doing wrong?

Hi!
thx for the plugin. im really nu to vam so still figuring out stuffs and my only problem is that the plugin resets the collision setup after reloading the scene. outside of that it works fine the other setups. it remembers the foot / toe rotations just the collision not. :(
what im doing wrong?

Hi, I couldn't recreate the problem and don't know why that would be happening. Does it happen every single time you reload the scene, and does it happen with other scenes?

You are probably not doing anything wrong - but there are a lot of plugins/scenes by different authors and sometimes they don't work well together for unknown reasons.

Sorry, I have no idea since I don't have vamX... maybe the vamX developer can help.

I also encountered this problem today. VamX is a hugely popular mod… if there is any chance it can be made compatible that would be amazing.

Essentially when importing this plugin onto a person within the Vamx scene, none of the UI buttons to adjust the heels do anything.

I’ll also try messaging the VamX dev and see if they might have an idea. @vamX and ideas? Thanks everyone!

I also encountered this problem today. VamX is a hugely popular mod… if there is any chance it can be made compatible that would be amazing.

Essentially when importing this plugin onto a person within the Vamx scene, none of the UI buttons to adjust the heels do anything.

I’ll also try messaging the VamX dev and see if they might have an idea. @vamX and ideas? Thanks everyone!

Thanks for the reminder, lol!

vamX had posted a fixed version of HeelAdjust for vamX users back in July, and I totally forgot to update it here.

Thanks for the reminder, lol!

vamX had posted a fixed version of HeelAdjust for vamX users back in July, and I totally forgot to update it here.

Thanks so much for this! I just tested it and found that the updated version of your plugin works fine inside VamX now, which is great... however there are other issues (on the VamX side) that mean when choosing different poses the adjustments made by your plugin appear to be lost once more (eg standing poses appear to place the person with feet flat on the floor again, meaning the heels disappear into the ground), oh well.

I don't suppose anybody else knows of a way to make high heels work consistently inside VamX?

Hey man... I wanna tell you your mods really good, unfortunately it's jittering when using fast motion and colliding with floor...
I found the Sollution for you...
Can you change your Heels Shape to Sphere ?
I have manage to make it Smoot AF with Floor Collider that fix Jittering ...
Here's the Screenshoot I made...
Maybe you can update it to your next patch...
Screenshot_1.jpg

Last edited:
awesome, thank you for this suggestion! i'll have to try it out sometime...
have you tried capsule colliders? if those work just as well, that might be better since they'd match the shape of the heel.