HeelAdjust2

Plugins HeelAdjust2

I'm also getting this error when I try to remove the plugin from the scene:
No, it equipped an older version of the same items for me. I implemented to also search for newer version, but I made a mistake.
Yeah, I made a mistake but that wasn't the problem. My scene contained an older version. Ahh, how to handle that case?

Last edited:
CheesyFX updated HeelAdjust2 with a new update entry:

v13 Fixes regarding var versions

There was a bug when your scene contained an older version of the secondary heel items than the one the preset was stored for. For now, it is handled like this:
  • If the above case is true, the plugin will load and recognize the items correctly. But if you unequip and reequip the main item, the secondary items will be of the latest version available (it searches 10 versions ahead).
  • The main item will work with any future version. The secondary items will be searched 10 versions...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi,@CheesyFX . I've been tinkering with the plugin for a bit longer, and I think I've figured out how it works. However, it seems that the preset with the "Lock Toe Joint" activated is not working correctly. When I equip and unequip heels, it messes up the toe collider orientations.

However, it seems that the preset with the "Lock Toe Joint" activated is not working correctly. When I equip and unequip heels, it messes up the toe collider orientations.
Maybe don't equip and unequip them so fast that the physics engine can't keep up? Does it work for reasonable speeds?

Maybe don't equip and unequip them so fast that the physics engine can't keep up? Does it work for reasonable speeds?
Nope, unfortunately, the issue persists no matter how fast or slow you do it. All I want is to add toe and heel colliders to the already recorded mocap on high heels, which already has the toeControl JointDriveX angle and FootControl x Rotation adjusted to match the high heels angle. No matter what I try, it just doesn't work for me. I don't want to use any slope/Deltas sliders. All I need is the correct collider orientation/scale for the toes and heels. I guess In this use case, it might be best to avoid using the 'Lock Toe Joint' option.

Last edited:
@lapiroman But the in the video there is a foot slope of 32.27.
For your mocap: Create a regular preset for the shoes you want to use in the scene. Then in the scene equip it and set the "Max Foot Slope" to the min value, which should be the slope of your heels (stored in the preset). Now the heels should be flat on the ground. If you don't reduce Max Foot Slope, the feet will be overbent (original slope from the scene + heel slope). By setting it to the min value you limit the rotation to heel slope, which should be identical to the original slope in your case (heels already fit the scene without the plugin).
The plugin is not designed to "simply add" colliders to an arbitrary rotated foot.

Please send me the preset you get that error with.

CheesyFX updated HeelAdjust2 with a new update entry:

v15 Foot step sounds added

The sounds depend on multiple factors:
  • The angle and speed of the collision
  • The shape of the shoe collider that is hit:
    • broad colliders produce damped sounds with lower pitch
    • spikey heels produce louder sounds with higher pitch
    • the volume increases with the collider height, cause it gets more resonant
Ergo: The sounds automatically adjust to the shoes you are wearing. You can, however, set the base volume and base pitch manually. You can also...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi Cheesy. U have any idea about how to fix this error? showing up when I load the cslist file ...
1692980558184.png

Hi Cheesy. U have any idea about how to fix this error? showing up when I load the cslist file ...
Hey! Please use the latest version 17, not 15. I've already fixed those errors. The update posts are your friend :)

Sorry to bother again Cheesy...
Similar error reported after using v17
And I want to verify the process in case of something goes wrong : Person Atom - Plugin - load the cslist file I marked in the img below.
Or is there any prerequisite for it to run smoothly?
e53e10de45714ebae01559466e1aaa0.png

1693020558818.png

Hey @CheesyFX I have a question/suggestion.
I know you are/were super busy working on the amazing BodyLanguage plugin, but I have a question.

I am wondering if there should be 2 different height offset options: One for Bare Feet and one for Harli Heels
I am asking because let's say you have a scene/mocap made for Harli Heels.
If you apply normal offset, the Person is going to be floating in the air. I guess the poses angle would be messed up too?
Basically, it would be nice if there is a heel plugin that can mange custom heels for scenes made for bare feet AND scenes made for Harli Heels.

Let me know what you think.

Hey @CheesyFX I have a question/suggestion.
I know you are/were super busy working on the amazing BodyLanguage plugin, but I have a question.

I am wondering if there should be 2 different height offset options: One for Bare Feet and one for Harli Heels
I am asking because let's say you have a scene/mocap made for Harli Heels.
If you apply normal offset, the Person is going to be floating in the air. I guess the poses angle would be messed up too?
Basically, it would be nice if there is a heel plugin that can mange custom heels for scenes made for bare feet AND scenes made for Harli Heels.

Let me know what you think.
Hey Bill,
the poses hould be alright if you unequip the harli heels before equipping some other heels, since the feet should go back to flat ater unequipping. If not, adjust the deltas/maxSlope after you equipped the new shoes.
The offset may still be there, yes. It would be possible to add some extra offsets for harlis, but I don't think this is really necessary. The root mode only offsets the main controller in the y direction. You can very easily do that by yourself, getting results that may be even more precise than the algorithm. The "Feet only" mode would be harder to replicate, but that should not be used in your case anyway (mocap).

Hey Bill,
the poses hould be alright if you unequip the harli heels before equipping some other heels, since the feet should go back to flat ater unequipping. If not, adjust the deltas/maxSlope after you equipped the new shoes.
The offset may still be there, yes. It would be possible to add some extra offsets for harlis, but I don't think this is really necessary. The root mode only offsets the main controller in the y direction. You can very easily do that by yourself, getting results that may be even more precise than the algorithm. The "Feet only" mode would be harder to replicate, but that should not be used in your case anyway (mocap).

@CheesyFX That makes sense thanks! I am full of questions though lol.
Back to presets, how does the loading of presets work?
I am working on a scene that contains multiple custom heels in different outfits.
Can I include the preset files in my package and it will load them, or does the user have the presets downloaded?

Attached are the presets I made.

Attachments

• MrGiggly-GPumpsHeelStandard.json
    924 bytes · Views: 0
  • YameteOuji-ShoesMidHeelA.json
    683 bytes · Views: 0
@CheesyFX That makes sense thanks! I am full of questions though lol.
Back to presets, how does the loading of presets work?
I am working on a scene that contains multiple custom heels in different outfits.
Can I include the preset files in my package and it will load them, or does the user have the presets downloaded?

Attached are the presets I made.
That's actually a good question! Right now it only looks for local presets or presets that are included in the plugin var. I had a quick look how to also search in other vars or just the var the scene was loaded from, but with no success.

The easiest would be if I shipped your presets with the plugin. This way the user could benefit from them even when not loading your scene. Would that be ok for you?

Keep in mind though that the height offset is not stored with the preset. It also isn't triggerable, but maybe I can make that work. The problem is, that I don't want it to be stored with the scene.

That's actually a good question! Right now it only looks for local presets or presets that are included in the plugin var. I had a quick look how to also search in other vars or just the var the scene was loaded from, but with no success.

The easiest would be if I shipped your presets with the plugin. This way the user could benefit from them even when not loading your scene. Would that be ok for you?

Keep in mind though that the height offset is not stored with the preset. It also isn't triggerable, but maybe I can make that work. The problem is, that I don't want it to be stored with the scene.

That would be perfect if you just include them in your var! I have managed the height changes in my scene.
My scene is almost done, it's going to be pretty juicy I think. Its a big clothing showcase (20 outfits...yeah I know) with a new look.

That would be perfect if you just include them in your var! I have managed the height changes in my scene.
My scene is almost done, it's going to be pretty juicy I think. Its a big clothing showcase (20 outfits...yeah I know) with a new look.

Actually, one sec I should add YameteOuji-ShoesSneakerEgregious as well.

Attachments

• YameteOuji-ShoesSneakerEgregious.json
    680 bytes · Views: 0
Alright! But don't forget to remind that the latest version (18) is required for your scene! I'm eager to see it! If the model is closely as hot as Candy it will be awesome :D

Sure, I'll wait. How did the foot step sounds play out? It seems like a perfect addition to a fashion show!

Just updated my post above with the heeladjust file.
Foot step sounds are a great addition, and I like all the cool dynamic features you added! However I had to use SPQR's footsteps because sometimes the heeladjust audio would play footsteps like crazy, mostly when poses started jittering.
It has this option for cooldown so it doesn't play sounds too frequently:
1693426960035.png

However, yours would be much better has it has support for other libraries like socks and sneakers etc.

Just updated my post above with the heeladjust file.
Foot step sounds are a great addition, and I like all the cool dynamic features you added! However I had to use SPQR's footsteps because sometimes the heeladjust audio would play footsteps like crazy, mostly when poses started jittering.
It has this option for cooldown so it doesn't play sounds too frequently:
View attachment 283557

However, yours would be much better has it has support for other libraries like socks and sneakers etc.
Mine actually have a cooldown too, but it's way smaller (0.1s). The problem with cooldowns is, especially if they are that large, that small, nigligible collisions often block the real one. I think SPQR's version doesn't care about that cause it plays the sounds at the the same volume and pitch, regardless of the strength of the impact. My implementation takes that into account (besides the shape of the collider), so the first weak collision would play a very silent sound and block the intense one following right after. Hence I choose a very small cooldown.

But if you're not in a hurry with your release I could implement my new algorithm used in BodyLanguage for the slaps: On the first collision it starts a "listener" that listens to all following collisions for a set amount of time. After that it plays a sound that matches the most intense one. This way no collision can "slip through". The sound has a little delay though, but that's not too important I think, especially if you consider the time needed for the sound to reach you.

Why don't you join my discord or leave me a message in pm? The conversation would be a bit easier this way ;)
(cheesywheesy)

Back
Top Bottom