HeelAdjust2

Plugins HeelAdjust2

Thanks!
No, it's not a bug. The height offset only gets applied if you manually change the dropdown. You have to consider all circumstances:
  • model not standing => no offset wanted
  • if you set up the offset, then save and reload the scene, the plugin would apply the offset another time if it was automatic.
  • messing with scenes you downloaded
So the offset can't be part of the preset because it's use highly depends on the scene. I could however make it toggle on/off or adjust with every preset during the current session (if the mode is not set to "None"). I'll think about it. Maybe it'll invoke some other problems I don't forsee right now. But for now you can always switch modes to reapply it.
The base heights are stored on load of the plugin. If you changed the controllers heights manually and this to be the new baseline, reload the plugin.

Yeah, I think that is what my main issue is currently, quite often during a scene I am removing/re-wearing the same shoes on an atom whilst I configure looks/clothing, so at the moment, everytime I do this I have to reopen your plugin configuration window and manually reselect the appropriate raise height option from the dropdown.

I understand what you mean about not automatically applying it to NEW scenes you have downloaded because yes exactly, you don't know ahead of time if the atom/model will be standing on ground or sitting on something like a chair, in which case you don't want to auto apply the Root height adjustment (probably just the foot control height adjustment only) otherwise the model would appear floating above the chair and that would look bad.

Regarding what you said about saving/reloading the same scene:
  • if you set up the offset, then save and reload the scene, the plugin would apply the offset another time if it was automatic.
If you stored some kind of map with the preset, which was basically the id/name of the scene as the key against a boolean value indicating if the user has already applied the height adjust function in your plugin settings (or even the mode they choose eg. off/root/foot only), then you could use this when reloading the scene subsequently to avoid exponentially increasing the height with each reload.

Anyway, hopefully you can think about how to improve that. Keep up the great work.

Last edited:
If you stored some kind of map with the preset, which was basically the id/name of the scene as the key against a boolean value indicating if the user has already applied the height adjust function in your plugin settings (or even the mode they choose eg. off/root/foot only), then you could use this when reloading the scene subsequently to avoid exponentially increasing the height with each reload.
This boolean would have to be stored within the scene, not the heel preset. But I see no real benefit. Currently I'm implementing the behaviour I described above. But by default the mode will still be set to "None". So on scene or plugin load no offset will be applied. If you switch to "Feet" or "Root" you get interactive adjustments until you toggle to "None" again.
I think this should be rather intuitive and not break stuff.

CheesyFX updated HeelAdjust2 with a new update entry:

v6 Improved height offset

I changed the way the height offset works to make it more intuitive:
  • The default mode is "None", so you won't get any offset on scene or plugin load (messing things up)
  • If you switch the dropdown to "Feet" or "Root" you'll get instant feedback. The height changes when you
    • equip or unequip an item with a preset
    • change the height of the heel collider
    • disable or enable the plugin
    • remove or reload the plugin
    • change the mode, of course

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey Cheesy, this is amazing work (as always). Question for you:
How hard would it be to make a session plugin version of this?
I currently use UIAssisst and it's built-in heel adjust manages changes to all heels as you add them , without needing to add a plugin to a person.
Makes it easy to manage.
Just a thought!

Hey Cheesy, this is amazing work (as always). Question for you:
How hard would it be to make a session plugin version of this?
Good idea. You would have to add it to a person to create the preset, but after that it could be activated from a session instance (without settings). I'll think about it. The height offset choice would be the same for all persons though.

I need to +1 this. She's superb. I tried my luck with Estel but couldn't get her close.
Here is a scene.json containing her:

Awesome, thank you so much.

Did you create some of the textures yourself? The decals and face specular aren't part of ddaamm's Estel. Do the decals add anything besides tattoos?

Did you create some of the textures yourself? The decals and face specular aren't part of ddaamm's Estel. Do the decals add anything besides tattoos?
Yes, I mixed up a lot of things for the textures and modified it afterwards. That's why I didn't release her so far. I don't remember what I've used and I have no patience to investigate.
The decals add tatoos, slight freckles on the face and body and facial makeup. The face spec is a modified version of ?, which makes the face less specular than the rest of the body.

Yes, I mixed up a lot of things for the textures and modified it afterwards. That's why I didn't release her so far. I don't remember what I've used and I have no patience to investigate.
The decals add tatoos, slight freckles on the face and body and facial makeup. The face spec is a modified version of ?, which makes the face less specular than the rest of the body.
Thanks, I defaulted back to Samantha's face texture to match the rest of the body. The freckles are what's missing. She feels a bit more flat and not as alive as in your clips. For now I've added Riddler's freckles but they aren't a perfect match. czgtLDD's muscle normals look good on her too but I'll have to tone them down a bit.

Thanks, I defaulted back to Samantha's face texture to match the rest of the body. The freckles are what's missing. She feels a bit more flat and not as alive as in your clips. For now I've added Riddler's freckles but they aren't a perfect match. czgtLDD's muscle normals look good on her too but I'll have to tone them down a bit.
I use smooth passes 1 to not loose the muscle definition (mainly on the abs).

Hi @CheesyFX .

Was just checking out your latest update and found a bug (I think).

This is what I did:
  • Loaded default VaM scene from main menu
  • Added your plugin to the default female atom
  • Added heels
  • Configured heel/toe colliders using your plugin
  • Selected raise root height option.
  • Saved the heeladjust2 configuration against the corresponding clothing item.
  • Toggled the heels clothing item on/off via the default VaM clothing UI
  • When toggling off the heels, height was restored correctly but foot angle was not restored correctly (they retained the 35 degree angle I configured for the heels).
  • No amount of equiping/unequipping the heels could get the feet to return to their default flat (before using heeladjust2) angle.

Hi @CheesyFX .

Was just checking out your latest update and found a bug (I think).

This is what I did:
  • Added heels
  • When toggling off the heels, height was restored correctly but foot angle was not restored correctly (they retained the 35 degree angle I configured for the heels).
  • No amount of equiping/unequipping the heels could get the feet to return to their default flat (before using heeladjust2) angle.
Now that is an error report! Thanks for the detailed explanation. I'll check.

Last edited:
This is what I did:
  • Added heels
Hmm, I couldn't reproduce it. Did you miss a step?

Just wanted to let you know she's very happy in her new home.
CheesyFX_1.png
CheesyFX_2.png
CheesyFX_3.png
CheesyFX_4.png

Just wanted to let you know she's very happy in her new home.
Hehe, nice! But I think she's still happier at my place. See, she already lost some chest weight to reflect that! :O Besides that, she told me that she prefers anal, maybe you could respect that and give her what she needs from time to time!? Anyhow, have fun with her ;)

Hehe, nice! But I think she's still happier at my place. See, she already lost some chest weight to reflect that! :O Besides that, she told me that she prefers anal, maybe you could respect that and give her what she needs from time to time!? Anyhow, have fun with her ;)
Oh don't worry, that wish will be granted. :sneaky:

CheesyFX updated HeelAdjust2 with a new update entry:

v7 Additional features & improved UI

There are a lot of scenes where the foot is already bent down. This lead to overly bent ankles if you loaded up this plugin. To counter that I implemented the following:
  • The plugin analyses the original pose and calculates "Deltas" to counteract the rotation that would normally come with the heels.
  • The Deltas are calculated based on the value of "Max Foot Slope" that you can set. If the original rotation + heel rotation would overshoot this value, the resulting rotation is...

Read the rest of this update entry...

If I load HeelAdjust via the ShakeIt session plugin it applies collider modifications even if there are no shoes present.
How do we save a default preset if they have to reference a clothing item?

1691874622275.png

Last edited:
If I load HeelAdjust via the ShakeIt session plugin it applies collider modifications even if there are no shoes present.
How do we save a default preset if they have to reference a clothing item?
That should not happen. Are you sure that you did not accidentally create a preset for a non shoe clothing item? Please open the UI and see what the curent item is.

That should not happen. Are you sure that you did not accidentally create a preset for a non shoe clothing item? Please open the UI and see what the curent item is.
Yeah, here are my presets and what she's wearing. The colliders do look suspiciously like the ones I set up for the pumps, though.

1691916249193.png

1691916259610.png

There's something very strange going on.
I disabled the session plugin and opened another scene.
1691918588229.png

This is what it looks like if I restart vam and never load the session plugin.
1691918652911.png

Back
Top Bottom