HeelAdjust2

Plugins HeelAdjust2

I do, but only if no "new" json preset for that item is available. Maybe you have one for the clothing creator or realistic eyes?
You're right, there were some old files that had no right to exist XD
My latest post was after removing them and clearing the cache, though. How can a disabled plugin mess with the foot rotation? (rhetorical question, I know you have to code enabling/disabling yourself)

My latest post was after removing them and clearing the cache, though. How can a disabled plugin mess with the foot rotation? (rhetorical question, I know you have to code enabling/disabling yourself)
Ahh, it's my fault. If no shoes are equipped the new delta calculation messes up. It should be alright if you put on shoes, with a preset of course. You can also set the deltas back to 0 for now.
I'll fix it. Thanks.

Ahh, it's my fault. If no shoes are equipped the new delta calculation messes up. It should be alright if you put on shoes, with a preset of course. You can also set the deltas back to 0 for now.
I'll fix it. Thanks.
No, thank you! :)

Hi, @CheesyFX Hazmhox has developed a useful script that prevents cua colliders from passing through any objects, such as walls and floors. Could you consider implementing it into your plugin? This would ensure that heel and toe colliders don't penetrate objects.
1) Unity physics has several collision detection modes. The default is "Discrete", which checks for collisions only at fixed intervals. This can lead to "tunneling" issues where fast-moving objects can pass through other objects without detecting a collision.
2) CollisionDetectionMode.ContinuousDynamic is a mode that checks for collisions continuously for dynamic objects. This mode is more computationally intensive but is designed to prevent fast-moving objects from passing through other objects.

Attachments

• hzmcuacollisions.cs
    2.7 KB · Views: 0
Hi, @CheesyFX Hazmhox has developed a useful script that prevents cua colliders from passing through any objects, such as walls and floors. Could you consider implementing it into your plugin? This would ensure that heel and toe colliders don't penetrate objects.
1) Unity physics has several collision detection modes. The default is "Discrete", which checks for collisions only at fixed intervals. This can lead to "tunneling" issues where fast-moving objects can pass through other objects without detecting a collision.
2) CollisionDetectionMode.ContinuousDynamic is a mode that checks for collisions continuously for dynamic objects. This mode is more computationally intensive but is designed to prevent fast-moving objects from passing through other objects.
Hi, thanks for the tip, but I'm not sure if this would be a good thing. The heel collider is part of the native foot rigidbody, whose CollisionDetectionMode is Discrete according to VAM defaults. Same with the toe collider (part of toe rigidbody). So I had to change the mode of the models native rigidbodies.
I'll set up a chooser and see if there's a performance hit.

@lapiroman So, as I thought, it's not a good approach. The foot gets massively distorted on heavy collisions. It seems close to exploding.

For me the problem only exists with the toe colliders. The heels are fine. But I think I already have a solution: If I reparent the toe collider to the foot, it collides perfectly, but it will be completely stiff. I'll make it so that the "Lock Toe Joint" option also reparents the collider.
It will always be a bit messy if the toes are not supposed to be locked, cause the foot isn't really a flexible thing that can adjust its shape according to collisions.

@lapiroman So, as I thought, it's not a good approach. The foot gets massively distorted on heavy collisions. It seems close to exploding.

For me the problem only exists with the toe colliders. The heels are fine. But I think I already have a solution: If I reparent the toe collider to the foot, it collides perfectly, but it will be completely stiff. I'll make it so that the "Lock Toe Joint" option also reparents the collider.
It will always be a bit messy if the toes are not supposed to be locked, cause the foot isn't really a flexible thing that can adjust its shape according to collisions.
Thanks for taking the time to test it out! It wasn't my intention to create more issues :) . Your idea about reparenting the toe collider to the foot sounds promising!

Thanks for taking the time to test it out! It wasn't my intention to create more issues :) . Your idea about reparenting the toe collider to the foot sounds promising!
Barely no issues at all :) Thanks for pointing me to it! I like the improvement a lot!!

@CheesyFX Hey Cheesy! Amazing work again.

I am wondering if there is an easy way to setup file sharing for heel presets on HUB? Maybe a forum post or something where people can share their presets for different heels?
Heel adjust 2 is amazing but making detailed presets for specific shoes can be very time consuming.
Maybe you could put a link in this resource to a forum post for preset sharing? I dunno, just a random thought.
Thanks!

I am wondering if there is an easy way to setup file sharing for heel presets on HUB? Maybe a forum post or something where people can share their presets for different heels?
Heel adjust 2 is amazing but making detailed presets for specific shoes can be very time consuming.
Maybe you could put a link in this resource to a forum post for preset sharing? I dunno, just a random thought.
Thanks!

I think probably best way would be to someone just publish a resource that is a collection of presets, and new presets would be added by members of the community, but they would be in a single place as a single resource, instead of multiple people doing their own singular presets.. I guess. That would need though someone tracking and maintaining it.

Thanks!

Given how tiny the presets are (661 bytes uncompressed) you could also include a bunch with the plugin or as a separate var. We could open a git repo and submit our presets as push requests.

/Edit: Cheesy was a wee bit quicker.

CheesyFX updated HeelAdjust2 with a new update entry:

v11 Packaged presets

This version also looks for packaged presets in the var. If you already have a local preset for a given item, the packaged one will be ignored though.
So far I included presets for VL13-BootsMS, prestigitis-210105 and MrGiggly-GPumpsHeelHigh, which I did myself.

If you send me your preset files I'll include them in the var!

Read the rest of this update entry...

@CheesyFX Hi, Here are more minor bugs: 1) The value of 'ToeColRot,y' will be messed up if you tweak 'ToeRotation.z'. 2) HeelColRot.x is not set to 0 by default.

CheesyFX updated HeelAdjust2 with a new update entry:

v12 Link additional clothing items

Many shoes constist of multiple parts, right? Are you annoyed by that, then check this out:
  • Now you can link additional clothing items that get equipped and unequipped alongside your main item that has the preset. You'll find a button for that in the Presets-UI.
  • The list of linked items doesn't get reset automatically, so you have to think about that before saving another preset. The UI makes it obvious if there's is still something linked though.
  • The included preset...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@CheesyFX There's still an issue. I saved a new heel preset and reloaded the scene, but it got messed up.

I'm also getting this error when I try to remove the plugin from the scene:
!> Exception during LoadJSON: System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,MVR.FileManagement.VarFileEntry].TryGetValue (System.String key, MVR.FileManagement.VarFileEntry& value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MVR.FileManagement.FileManager.GetVarFileEntry (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MVR.FileManagement.FileManager.GetFileEntry (System.String path, Boolean restrictPath) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at SuperController.LoadJSON (System.String saveName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

There's still an issue. I saved a new heel preset and reloaded the scene, but it got messed up.
I don't get what you are doing here. Is the first collider setup what you've designed? Also, I think you are not using the parameters how they are supposed to:
  • Don't use the deltas to setup your preset. They are calculated at runtime to adjust to the pose the foot already is (hence, they are in "Scene & Pose Setup").
  • Do not use the toe rotation unless you have the feeling that the shoe/foot doesn't look right after you set up the "Foot Slope". The toes naturally and automatically rotate inverse to the ankle (Foot Slope) to keep them flat on the ground. The toe rotation should really only be used to make slight adjustments.
  • The toe colliders snap to the foot because you had "Lock Toe Joint" turned on. In this case the foot colliders are parented to the foot, not the toe. As I said, you have to turn this off while editing. Well, maybe I'll have to hide all of the settings while this is on...

I'm also getting this error when I try to remove the plugin from the scene:
Ah, I think I know what you mean. If you add the plugin while the heels are already equipped, the additional items are equipped once more. Leading to an error if you try to remove them. I thought this isn't possible, but obviously it is. I'm on it. Thanks for flagging those errors, although I really want to move forward, or rather backwards, to my original project...

Back
Top Bottom