Not A Bug Hair preset doesn't save style

Joker33

Reactions
Hair presets no longer save style information (by which I mean individual hair presets).

In the hair preset vap file now (1.22.0.1) always reads "storePresetName" : "false"
Whereas in previous builds (e.g. 1.20.77.13) the vap would read "presetName" : "hair name here"

This can be manually worked around by editing the vap file but that's pretty annoying, I'm hoping this is an easy fix to restore relatively recently broken functionality and can get included in 1.X.

I've attached two hair presets as reference, temp was saved in 1.20.77.13 and works (in any build) and temp two was saved in 1.22.0.1 and doesn't work.

Attachments

• Preset_temp 2.jpg
    Preset_temp 2.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 0
  • Preset_temp 2.vap
    5.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Preset_temp.jpg
    Preset_temp.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Preset_temp.vap
    5.3 KB · Views: 0
storePresetName is a new option to determine if the preset name is stored in the scene or not. There is a checkbox for it on the Preset / Custom tab. The reason this was added was to prevent false dependencies from being put in the scene save file that ultimately did not affect the scene in any way. This was to help scene creators who publish from publishing var files with extra dependencies that were not needed. The default is OFF, which is the change you are seeing. You are correct that if you have done custom styling using a preset, you need to have this option on for the styling to properly save in the scene since it relies on the preset name to load that styling. You can have the scene save the preset name if you check this box shown below. This will give you the old behavior you are looking for.

1682877246886.png

Back
Top Bottom