Can't replicate The hair preset barely ever works.

DARK_WIZARD999

Reactions
Twitter
realsilverjunk1
I am so tired of this program's hair presets never saving, I work so hard and make it, then check it, all good. I reboot the program and suddenly my saved hair length is never there. I think I'll have to open it in Creator and make a new version of a hairstyle instead.

They do work and I just ran a number of tests to be sure. I have not seen other reports about this. If you are using the style tools (cut, grow, etc.), you must make sure you do 2 things. 1. Click Keep Style 2. Check the Include Style In Store option shown here:

1606251240004.png

If you don't check that option, only things like hair color and the other settings on the Physics/Look/Lighting tabs will be saved.

Since I can't replicate, I'm marking this thread that way. If you have a testcase and reliable way to reproduce, please post here and I'll take a look.

Thanks

They do work and I just ran a number of tests to be sure. I have not seen other reports about this. If you are using the style tools (cut, grow, etc.), you must make sure you do 2 things. 1. Click Keep Style 2. Check the Include Style In Store option shown here:

View attachment 19499

If you don't check that option, only things like hair color and the other settings on the Physics/Look/Lighting tabs will be saved.

Since I can't replicate, I'm marking this thread that way. If you have a testcase and reliable way to reproduce, please post here and I'll take a look.

Thanks
I see, I had toggled that "include style in store" just to try it, and it did solve the issue. Just seems more complicated than just selecting "save preset" alone.

I agree it is more complicated, but it adds pretty significantly to the size of the preset. Also - this was a feature that was added after the presets system was already in place, so I made it a new option that was off by default so it would have the same behavior as before. For 2.X I'll make it so this defaults to on and maybe add a way to detect if you changed the style so it only saves the extra data if needed.

Back
Top Bottom