Won't fix Bug - Loading AnimationPattern Preset not functioning correctly

MOSTAFF

Reactions
Problem: Unable to load any AnimationPattern from a preset and have it also load the steps for that AnimationPattern.

Vam 1.20.1.4 Beta

I discovered this by trying to create a new AnimationPattern in the latest VAM iteration. I created '4 steps', gave it a custom name (ex. Anim_Tight_Loop), then saved it as a Preset. Upon attempting to load it into a scene with an existing 'AnimationPattern' (regardless of name), It will replace that animation and will not populate the steps from that animation. I get an error in the log that it cannot locate those steps.

I've attempted this in:

* New Scenes
* Old Scenes
* After hard reset
* With new AnimationPatterns
* With old AnimationPatterns
* With default name
* With custom name

Previous to the latest version, I could load AnimationPresets All day. This has to be a bug. I can't imagine this would be moved to a different tab.

Thanks!

For AnimationPattern, only the legacy presets on the Control tab can store the pattern along with the steps that go with it. That is still functional as I just verified it. The new presets on the Presets tab are not really useful for AnimationPattern because they have no capability of storing the step atoms. It has always been this way. So this isn't really a bug that can be fixed. Just use the old-style presets and you will have the functionality you are looking for.

Thanks MVR! Noted.

I know this is old, but it's still an issue. How can I use a trigger / button to load a Control > Load Preset? I can't seem to figure that out. I want to create buttons that change the animation on the fly. Thanks!

I know this is old, but it's still an issue. How can I use a trigger / button to load a Control > Load Preset? I can't seem to figure that out. I want to create buttons that change the animation on the fly. Thanks!

I have been looking for days
please let me know if you find a way

Back
Top Bottom