Can't replicate Plugin Data does not save with Preset data on non-person atoms

TdotONY

Reactions
Website
www.patreon.com
Patreon
TdotONY
There is a note in the patch notes for 1.20.77.2 stating:

· Presets - fixed issue with all atoms except Person not storing plugin parameters

This is definitely not fixed.

I am trying to work on something and the only way I can think to do what it is I want to do is save presets on this Sphere I am working with.

I want to use a single Sphere atom instead of potentially like, 30 of them, all with different plugin settings.

I tried saving a Preset through the "Preset" tab on the Sphere atom with the plugins I want on it active.

However, when I load this preset, the plugins are GONE.

I tried using the "legacy" preset system, which does save the plugin data, however this is no way to access or load these "legacy" presets via triggers, so it's pretty useless.

I am on the most recent version of VaM 1.22.0.1.

I haven't been able to replicate this. I was able to make a Cube atom with preset attached here and you can clearly see it includes the plugin and plugin data. It loads and operates correctly.

Attachments

• Preset_TestCubePresetWithPlugin.vap
    3.5 KB · Views: 0
I haven't been able to replicate this. I was able to make a Cube atom with preset attached here and you can clearly see it includes the plugin and plugin data. It loads and operates correctly.
I wasn't aware that turning the atom "off" would make it so the presets do not save all the data, so that is what the issue ended up being.

That might be something you may want to look at. I don't know if that's how intended to work or not, but in my opinion the presets for atoms should be getting saved even if the atom is "off."

Some people like to just make the alpha channel of an atom 0 to make it invisible. I prefer to turn it off through AtomControl. I just didn't realize turning it off would break the ability to save its preset.

Thank you for following up with this post.

Back
Top Bottom