Guide and Blender template to convert V4, M4, G2/3/8/8.1/9 textures to G2F/M

Guides Guide and Blender template to convert V4, M4, G2/3/8/8.1/9 textures to G2F/M

Is it possible to add Michael 4 template for next update? I tried to use V4 template in place of M4 textures but it just doesn't work. An M4 to G2M would be appreciated. Thanks

Did anybody get the new M4 conversion to work? I've only been able to convert the face. Everything else comes back black. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I'm doing the same steps as V4 conversion, V4 converts to G3F fine.

I noticed that edit mode select all of M4 (it all turns orange). That doesn't happen with other source figure.

I noticed that edit mode select all of M4 (it all turns orange). That doesn't happen with other source figure.
Hi,
Ahh I've inadvertently left all material groups selected on M4 when I save the template.
I'll amend the template when I get chance and re-upload but in the meantime you can do the following.
1) Make M4 visible and Select it in the top right hand list
2) Change to 'edit mode'
3) Click 'A' on your keyboard whilst your cursor is in the viewport (ie anywhere in the window with the model)

Yes, followed the same steps as you suggested. I can only get m4 face texture to transfer. All others are returning black. No sweat. I'll just wait for your next update. Thanks ?

Is the guide/template strictly for Blender version 2.79 because something breaks in newer versions?
Only tried 2.79 and everything worked first try.
In fact it worked so good that I prefer this over my other method with DAZ map transfer.
(It's possible to convert textures in DAZ between G2F and G2M for example if the UV files are copied. More complicated and bad UI tho)

Excellent work @MrGiggly (y)

Last edited:
Is the guide/template strictly for Blender version 2.79 because something breaks in newer versions?
Only tried 2.79 and everything worked first try.
In fact it worked so good that I prefer this over my other method with DAZ map transfer.
(It's possible to convert textures in DAZ between G2F and G2M for example if the UV files are copied. More complicated and bad UI tho)

Excellent work @MrGiggly (y)
Hi,
Thanks for the feedback :)

The guide/template were originally based on an existing guide, hence why it's set up for 2.79
You could used Blender 2.8+ but there are a couple of things to note:
1) If you open the template up in 2.8 or greater it will look a little different if you're used to that version as it will default to legacy mode
2) You'll likely need to make all of the models 'visible' in 2.79 and then save your template first as there appears to be a bug when opening hidden models in later versions from older 'blend' files.
2) You need to set the renderer to 'cycles'
3) You'll need an understanding of the gui, specifically the shader node layout screen as this is where you'll point to source and destination textures.

I will eventually get around to porting it across and re-writing the guide, but as it works well and it's easy to have multiple versions of Blender set up on your pc I've never felt there was any great urgency.

Very detailed info. Does not sound to bad.
I've not checked blender.org a long time. Now I see they are at 3.2.2 already. Used 2.93 LTS here.

Cycles is the renderer I've used the most in the past. If that's just setting up BSDF shader nodes I know about it. The new fancy Eevee I do not know very well. The other bug and legacy mode stuff I have to try and see. Hopefully that's a one time fix and then can avoided by saving to a new version 'blend' file.

Guess I will try with the latest 3.2.2 version once I need to convert more textures. And if it fails - back to 2.79 it is :)

Hi,
first I must say how amazing you are you created a way toc convert my favorite textures from g3/8 in vam with a simple and very well explained guide that even someone like me manage to get it to work so thank so much for this amazing guide!!

now for my question, i was wandering if you could create a source for g8.1 male? I noticed there is only female source.

@MrGiggly Hi, just wondering (hoping) if you will be updating the template to convert G9 to G2, as there seems to be some really nice G9 skins appearing these days.

@MrGiggly Hi, just wondering (hoping) if you will be updating the template to convert G9 to G2, as there seems to be some really nice G9 skins appearing these days.

I've actually been adding G9 in this week!
I'm also taking the opportunity to tweak some of the other content before I post an update. Should be ready soon though

MrGiggly updated Guide and Blender template to convert V4, M4, G2/3/8/8.1F textures to G2F or G2M with a new update entry:

Updated template (v2.15)

Added support for:
G9
G8.1M

Refined clone for G8.1F to better align with G2 models

Note:
G9 uses separate meshes for Eyes, Mouth and Eyebrows which differ singnicantly from older variants.
As a result it is not possible to map these over onto G2.

Whilst it should not be an issue for eyes and mouth as many great textures already exist, you will need to add your own brows to final textures using a paint app unless original authors include them on G9 face textures.

Read the rest of this update entry...

hi thank you so much for the update but does it mean I have to do all the stages of the guide again from start?
sorry but I never really use blender unless I convert textures so I'm still new to it.
Hi,

If you wish to use this new version of the template then yes, you would need to go through the full guide to point the template to where your blank output files are kept and then save the template so it's ready each time you wish to use it.

use the new version to convert G8.1m To G2M,Head and body texture is right but the limbs texture not right ,it only has part of texture like below.

anybody can help?

hand.jpg

blender_ZvSvdNopLw.png

use the new version to convert G8.1m To G2M,Head and body texture is right but the limbs texture not right ,it only has part of texture like below.

anybody can help?

Hi,
I've just run a test to double check I hadn't messed up the release version somewhere. G8.1M to G2M is working ok for me.

Have you double checked that you've assigned the correct texture to both arms and legs on G8.1M and that you're using a Base G8.1M texture set as your source?

Another common mistake is setting up your G2F/M and forgetting to deselect each material slot (face, legs, etc) before choosing the next to assign your blank textures to.

Another common mistake is setting up your G2F/M and forgetting to deselect each mate
Hi,
I've just run a test to double check I hadn't messed up the release version somewhere. G8.1M to G2M is working ok for me.

Have you double checked that you've assigned the correct texture to both arms and legs on G8.1M and that you're using a Base G8.1M texture set as your source?

Another common mistake is setting up your G2F/M and forgetting to deselect each material slot (face, legs, etc) before choosing the next to assign your blank textures to.

thanks for your replay,solve this problem,thank you

Hi,

thanks again,and may i ask that will you add the genital tex convert in the future version?

thanks again,and may i ask that will you add the genital tex convert in the future version?

Afraid I can't add gens. It's been discussed earlier in the thread but in short...
1) Both Daz gens and Vam gens are from paid products and therefore the meshes can't be shared
2) For females, the Gen meshes are totally different in their layouts and therefore it's almost impossible to clone them to look the same which this bake method relies on

hi MrGiggly,
I have some problem with converted normal texture it seems that the connection between the torso to the limbs wasn't done properly
can you please help me fix that?!

Attachments

• G2_LimbsN.png
    G2_LimbsN.png
    19.9 MB · Views: 0
  • G2_TorsoN.png
    G2_TorsoN.png
    16.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 1671986532.jpg
    1671986532.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Back