Guide and Blender template to convert V4, M4, G2/3/8/8.1/9 textures to G2F/M

Guides Guide and Blender template to convert V4, M4, G2/3/8/8.1/9 textures to G2F/M

Hi thx a lot :)

I am still amazed your guide worked so good even for me as a beginner.
Your Blender Template was such a great supportive addon including the Prepared PNG.

Actually i just used the maps i created to load them as normal.
So nope they are not blue ;)

So for now i will skip on this and concentrate on the eyebrows in Photoshop.
You are right its not so many if i browse my DAZ Folders.
The majority has indeed eyebrows.

I wonder why does blender not offer Anatomic Textures?

SkinBuilder Pro for Genesis 8 can export Genital textures in a ease but i cannot include such in the Blender Texture convert now ?

I checked the Photoshop genital guide but i am stuck in unmatching colour with that slider workflow which i just wrote there in the comments.

I wonder why does blender not offer Anatomic Textures?

SkinBuilder Pro for Genesis 8 can export Genital textures in a ease but i cannot include such in the Blender Texture convert now ?

I checked the Photoshop genital guide but i am stuck in unmatching colour with that slider workflow which i just wrote there in the comments.

Unfortunately its not possible to include gens in this template. G3/8 usually uses the anatomical elements geograft that comes with paid products such as v7 pro, although there are other 3rd party genital options available.

Vam uses a 3rd party geograft from 3feetwolf which is also a paid product.

The models are quite a bit different so it would take a considerable amount of work to make them look similar enough for the textures to map across correctly. But the main reason is, as they are paid products I can't include the meshes in template.

The photoshop template does take a bit of getting your head around, especially if you don't have a decent grasp of photoshop tools and processes. Once you do understand it, it only takes 30-60 mins of work to get a perfectly matching gen texture.

Last edited:
Hi thx a lot for explaining the licence background here.

I mean i can also use the Vam in build Auto generate texture Feature.
Its just a bit tricky to fix the colour shape then but it can be done with the diffuse Sliders + or - .

Yes i was actually happy with the Photoshop Template and its well done from its idea.
But for me "as a Beginner" it lacks the entire workflow and explaining what is meant for what after pasting my Gen Texture and how to save all accurate.
So its again a Professional Users Solution you need tons of other knowledge for a End result.

Hi again . I am having Issues and these are confusing me currently ;)

Do the UV PNG Templates have to look like this or are they still blank usually after saving them Steps 1 to 8 ?

Because i am having these which i cannot reproduce anymore if i repeat the Guide Steps 1 to 8.
I mean they work but i am unsure.

G2_Limbs.png

Or was that a Mistake on my side and such aren't even needed to look like that after following the Steps 1 to 8 ?

Male Textures are troubelling:

What is entire unclear for me is the MALE Texture process.
You explained to repeat the steps and select Target MALE which is did.

In that step you write

i) We’ll need to perform the same process for ‘(Target) Genesis 2 Male’ if you want to convert textures for this model too. To do this, go back into object mode (2 in the main screenshot above). j) In the list top right corner, untick the eye symbol next to ‘(Target) Genesis 2 Female’ and tick the eye for ‘(Target) Genesis 2 Male’. Next make sure you have selected the male model by clicking on the name in the list. Then go back into edit mode and repeat 7c-7h above. You can point it to the same images you used for G2F.

----

If i select MALE the FEMALE model is still shown

2021-05-30 13_01_17-Blender_ [C__VaM_Updater_Guides_Texture_Conversion_Template_Mart-Male_only...png

Is that expected behavior?

Regarding MALE Texture workflow:

I would load up the male Body Textures to the FEMALE Genesis 3/8 "Source" and then TARGET the MALE Genesis 2 ?
I tried that and the MALE Textures then do not fit to Genesis 2 Male then as they do with the FEMALE Genesis 3/8 Textures.
I used Standard Genesis 3 Male textures for converting.

I used a Folder in which i copied all the Genesis 8 male Textures and attached them to the GEN 3/ Female Source and then used Shift and target Male and baked and saved. I then opened a Male Model in VAM and attached the SKIN and it does not match.
Face yes but neck and Limbs / Chest, Legs and contain black Parts.

Genital Part Texture for Male:

How do i get a matching Male Genital texture if the workflow would work ?
What works great with FEMALE to "auto generate Genital Texture" in VAM is not even available in VAM for Male as i noticed ;)

Attachments

• 2021-05-30 12_57_17-Blender_ [C__VaM_Updater_Guides_Texture_Conversion_Template_Mart-Male_only...png
    2021-05-30 12_57_17-Blender_ [C__VaM_Updater_Guides_Texture_Conversion_Template_Mart-Male_only...png
    345.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Hi again . I am having Issues and these are confusing me currently ;)

Hi,
Your 'blank' png files don't need to be blank to work. The baking process fully overwrites whatever is there so they will continue to function fine.

Seeing a female model when you select male is correct. The G2M model has been cloned to look like a female. This is necessary because the baking process needs everything to look exactly the same.

This template does not work with male source textures. It allows you to convert female textures to work on a male model in Vam, for those who wish to create futa models.

As far as male gens go, yes there isn't an easy option for this as there's no auto gen and no photoshop template so you would need to work with the base male gens available in Vam and edit in photoshop by hand.

Last edited:
I am having issues converting G2F decals to G2M. Everything else is working fine. But whenever I try to clone a Decal the area that is supposed to be transparent comes out white. Any tips?

I am having issues converting G2F decals to G2M. Everything else is working fine. But whenever I try to clone a Decal the area that is supposed to be transparent comes out white. Any tips?

Hi,

To bake decals, select your source model then select Material option.
Check Transparency and zero alpha and specular as below.
1640119225319.png

Under Textures option check the 'Alpha' option. Leave it set to 1.0
1640119350117.png

Then bake as you would with normal textures
Remember that you'll need to keep your final textures as png's in Vam.

Hi, thanks for this converter works well and all baking seems to be fine apart from the limbs. The arms, hands and feet are missing.

limbs.JPG

I'm sure I have missed a step somewhere.

Hi, thanks for this converter works well and all baking seems to be fine apart from the limbs. The arms, hands and feet are missing.

I'm sure I have missed a step somewhere.
Hi,
It looks like your target model has lost some of the selection parts needed.
If you select the 'Target' model (1), go into edit mode (2), select limbs (3), click 'select' (4) it should look like this.
If it doesn't then the best bet is to reload the default template and reassign as it will be a real pain trying to re-assign the areas by hand.
Remember to 'deselect' each time you move on to assign a new area of your template.
example_1.JPG

Also double check you're adding a texture to both the 'legs' and 'arms' of your source when you're ready to bake, though looking at your example I suspect it's not that.

Hi, thanks for your reply. I'm pretty sure I have done as you are suggesting but i will try again thank you.

I created something similar but for TK17

Hi MrGiggly , i tried out your tutorial , is an interesting concept and partially works. after hitting bake and it had finished went to the uv section ,the limbs ,mouth and eyes worked ok but the face remained blank and the torso looks like it was trying to combine the face texture with the torso and looked similar to
Angell657 that he posted here ,,i see why it wont work with gf8 to g2f as the geometry isnt the same , like g8f has a face with ears where as g2f has no ears , those ears are attach to the torso head .

so knowing the ears of GF8 was causing the issue i assigned the torso textures to the ears and now works perfectly no mixing of face and torso textures.
seeing as the G2F torso texture has ears , so with the GF8 the ear textures need to be fixed before baking as the torso texture has none ,

G8FtoG2F.png

Last edited:
Hi MrGiggly , i tried out your tutorial , is an interesting concept and partially works. after hitting bake and it had finished went to the uv section ,the limbs ,mouth and eyes worked ok but the face remained blank and the torso looks like it was trying to combine the face texture with the torso and looked similar to
Angell657 that he posted here ,,i see why it wont work with gf8 to g2f as the geometry isnt the same , like g8f has a face with ears where as g2f has no ears , those ears are attach to the torso head .

so knowing the ears of GF8 was causing the issue i assigned the torso textures to the ears and now works perfectly no mixing of face and torso textures.
seeing as the G2F torso texture has ears , so with the GF8 the ear textures need to be fixed before baking as the torso texture has none ,
Hi, It sounds like something has gone wrong when you've assigned your materials on your target model. Angel657 resolved their issue, which was due to incorrectly selecting/deselecting materials whilst following the guide. It's easy to make a mistake whilst following the guide. Good thing is, once done, it doesn't need to be done again if you save your template.

The fact that the areas are on different uv tiles between the model variants is the point of this template. If you've done it right, the ears will bake over to the G2F torso from the G8F face. Out of the box, its set up like the following.
If your template doesn't look like this, then something has gone wrong in your assignment steps.
Best option is to start with the orginal template and run through the assignment of your blank bake outputs again.

final.jpg

Process has been fully tested for all models V4, G3, G8 and 8.1 and works fine.

Last edited:
Hi, It sounds like something has gone wrong when you've assigned your materials on your target model. Angel657 resolved their issue, which was due to incorrectly selecting/deselecting materials whilst following the guide. It's easy to make a mistake whilst following the guide. Good thing is, once done, it doesn't need to be done again if you save your template.

The fact that the areas are on different uv tiles between the model variants is the point of this template. If you've done it right, the ears will bake over to the G2F torso from the G8F face. Out of the box, its set up like the following.
If your template doesn't look like this, then something has gone wrong in your assignment steps.
Best option is to start with the orginal template and run through the assignment of your blank bake outputs again.

View attachment 98809

Process has been fully tested for all models V4, G3, G8 and 8.1 and works fine.
Thanks alot MrGiggly , i reloaded the original template and started over and took my time ,remembering the steps and double checking as i went along ,
mainly with the material section of select and deselect
also with the UV section ,being in edit mode it is important that when you have right texture is pressing A to highlight the uv to turn orange for it to be assigned to the selected material of the body part.
think maybe that`s where i was going wrong and missed something. happy to say it worked . clever stuff :)

Last edited:
This is a very useful tool. I use it convert several uv for my gen2 charactor. but sometimes it works fine,sometime it does not. there are gaps on neck and legs. I just do not know what happened. please tell me which step i made mistake. by the way . I use daz convert gen8 to gen2 the uv is for gen 8 .Is this step makes issue?

111.png

222.png

This is a very useful tool. I use it convert several uv for my gen2 charactor. but sometimes it works fine,sometime it does not. there are gaps on neck and legs. I just do not know what happened. please tell me which step i made mistake. by the way . I use daz convert gen8 to gen2 the uv is for gen 8 .Is this step makes issue?

View attachment 102070

View attachment 102071
i had similar issue , does it look ok in blender and not in vam

Hi,

In Vam, when you use 'skin select' option, have you chosen an option with 'UV: Base Female' ?
If you have, then you'll need to check if your G8 source skin is also a 'G8F Base UV' as this template will not work with other variants.

Hi,

In Vam, when you use 'skin select' option, have you chosen an option with 'UV: Base Female' ?
If you have, then you'll need to check if your G8 source skin is also a 'G8F Base UV' as this template will not work with other variants.
This is correct as in blender it can look fine ,
but as you say if using another skin other than the UV Base Female in Vam.
e.g. UV: Olympia can cause the issue of the black marks , because of the UV layout is different.

paerson_menu.png

hi mrgiggly. I have a issue when I use this tool to convert gf8.1 to g2 .the sorce include face and head (g8 option only face). but the g8.1 texture folder does not have a head image. so how can I slove this problem? If I leave the blank image. the resault will show like image below:

22222.png

hi mrgiggly. I have a issue when I use this tool to convert gf8.1 to g2 .the sorce include face and head (g8 option only face). but the g8.1 texture folder does not have a head image. so how can I slove this problem? If I leave the blank image. the resault will show like image below:

View attachment 106688
Hi,
8.1 uses an additional uv tile.
You need to select and choose the associated texture as you do with the rest of the parts. It's not included in the guide as support for 8.1 was added at a later stage.
example_1.JPG

If you don't see this uv tile in your source then it sounds like it's not actually a G8.1 texture set.
My guess is that whilst the author may have stated it supports G8.1, they may have only supplied G8 u.v's. which do work with that model in Daz.
headstuff.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom