Guide and Blender template to convert V4, M4, G2/3/8/8.1/9 textures to G2F/M

Guides Guide and Blender template to convert V4, M4, G2/3/8/8.1/9 textures to G2F/M

hi MrGiggly,
I have some problem with converted normal texture it seems that the connection between the torso to the limbs wasn't done properly
can you please help me fix that?!
I'm having this same issue - there's gaps on the right shoulder and around the head for every converted texture so far. Using photoshop to do a content-aware fill is a janky way of hiding the black spots, but the resultant seems I cant really fix without going over the hand texture.

I'm having this same issue - there's gaps on the right shoulder and around the head for every converted texture so far. Using photoshop to do a content-aware fill is a janky way of hiding the black spots, but the resultant seems I cant really fix without going over the hand texture.
What version of genesis are you converting from?
Is your source skin definitely a 'base' version for that genesis model?
Have you checked that you're applying your converted textures to a skin in VAM that uses base UV (ie not a variant such as Olympia, etc)?

What version of genesis are you converting from?
Is your source skin definitely a 'base' version for that genesis model?
Have you checked that you're applying your converted textures to a skin in VAM that uses base UV (ie not a variant such as Olympia, etc)?
WOW, that was literally the answer. Worst part is, I tried the blank UV initially (the white one) and that didn't apply UV's at all. I went to all that effort messing up the UVs in photoshop when the base UV spat out by your method worked perfectly when the UV was set to base UV.
Thanks, headache solved. Great guide btw.

Back
Top Bottom