• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

General newcomer questions on scene workflow, user inputs and mesh deformation

FlashBamAlakazam

Reactions
Newbie here! I'm playing around with making my own scene and features but just wanted to get an understanding of what the general workflow or best practices are for achieving certain goals; as well as some more specific questions.

Firstly, is there a tried and tested way to setup movement/positioning of a person around a scene? I've played around with some plugins such as JaxZoa locomotion, MacGruber and AcidBubbles but to be honest, I am still getting to grips with the trigger system. Is the best way to position persons with animation, or poses? Or using presets? I've played around with all these individual elements but want to find out how they pull together to create a working scene.

Secondly, I would also like to know more about user input methods and if there is a way to set the input type either natively or with a plugin. I've been using JaxZao's keybind plugin to read key presses but it doesn't allow me to change the input type i.e signal for rising edge, signal for falling edge, momentary, latched etc. I am asking this because I want certain features to be active only for when a key is pressed and to stop once it is depressed, as opposed to the toggle behavior. I.e. if I wanted to play an animation only while the 'W' key is pressed, and to pause when it is depressed.

Lastly, this question is probably better off in a post of it's own but I'll start off here first - is there a way to make other parts of the body 'jiggle' like the breasts and glutes do? I've seen the TittyMagic plugin which is incredible, and thought about how it would be possible to apply to other parts of the body such as the abdominal area and belly as I dabble with code myself but not sure how easy it would be to modify the plugin.

Any comments appreciated!

The key is to start something simple and then build it up. When learning to ride a bike you don't start with going downhill a mountain and jumping ramps, you start by just moving forward, stopping, and turning. Break down you scene into parts with a rough result that you can later perfect.
If you're interested, my scenes have nice descriptions on triggers, atoms, etc, that may help you see how it's all combined. Mind you it's not the only or best way to do the things there, but what works, works.

All the ways you can make something has its limitations, and as you experience those options you'll have to make judgements on what strategy to use. Something that saves work in the short term may limit you in the long term, or when changing the way you use the scene, etc. Essentially, there's no best way to make things, try it out and see if it works or why it doesn't work. And also see how other people do stuff and break down their scenes to see how they did it.

Breasts and glutes are the only part of the models than have soft body physics. But the whole body will in Vam 2.x, which is currently under development.

Back
Top Bottom