FocusOnMe!

Plugins FocusOnMe!

CheesyFX

Featured Contributor
Reactions
CheesyFX submitted a new resource:

FocusOnMe! - DoF with auto focus and automatic scene lighting

Abstract:
This plugin continuously tracks where you are looking at. Based on that info it focusses up to four configurable lights (three from the front and sides and one backlight) on the target. Additionally, it provides a standalone DepthOfField implementation derived from @MacGruber's PostMagic. But the key is, that with this version the focus point is always right on the spot! No matter where you are looking at.
You can (and should!) use this plugin for everyday...

Read more about this resource...

OOPS, in my review I said "AcidBubble's VAM Moan" but upon looking in my VAM it's actually hazmhox, my bad! Love both creators' work.

This is a very interesting plugin. Out of curiosity, is looking data saved anywhere or does the plugin forget where you're looking immediately after you leave the scene?

This is a very interesting plugin. Out of curiosity, is looking data saved anywhere or does the plugin forget where you're looking immediately after you leave the scene?
Haha, that would be a lot of data if you stored the target positions every frame. But I think I get what you mean. My next plugin will keep track of what bodyregions you have looked at recently and does some interesting stuff with it :)

CheesyFX updated FocusOnMe! with a new update entry:

Shadow fix

• Shadows were off for my lights, because the Unity default settings didn't match VAM standards in some cases.
  • The back light now also casts shadows by default. You can disable them if the light gets obstructed by the environment, but then the model will look worse. Alternatively, I'd recommend lowering the hight or depth of the back light to put it closer to the model.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Sorry for off topic but can you share this character model? It looks amazing
The face is ddaamm estel. Sooner or later I'll release a scene and I will try to include her. But I don't have experience in this and I don't know what I have used for her, maybe some things are paid.

Or were you speaking about the male model? :O

The face is ddaamm estel. Sooner or later I'll release a scene and I will try to include her. But I don't have experience in this and I don't know what I have used for her, maybe some things are paid.

Or were you speaking about the male model? :O

No I was talking about the female model in your thumbnail for this. I ended up seeing in another post you made that it was this model and wow, it looks completely different. I tried to get it looking like this but couldn't. Good job lol

No I was talking about the female model in your thumbnail for this. I ended up seeing in another post you made that it was this model and wow, it looks completely different. I tried to get it looking like this but couldn't. Good job lol
I've posted a link to the demo scene from FreeTheLegs in the discussion. It's just the .json but you can try and see what you get from there.

This plugin looks amazing and can't wait to try it out. I'm getting the following error when trying to add to my default session plugins. Am I missing something?
"Compile of CheesyFX.FocusOnMe!.2:/Custom/Scripts/CheesyFX/FocusOnMe/FocusOnMe!.cslist failed. Errors:
!> [CS1061]: Type `JSONStorableFloat' does not contain a definition for `SetInteractble' and no extension method `SetInteractble' of type `JSONStorableFloat' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference? in <Unknown> at [248, 70]"

This plugin looks amazing and can't wait to try it out. I'm getting the following error when trying to add to my default session plugins. Am I missing something?
"Compile of CheesyFX.FocusOnMe!.2:/Custom/Scripts/CheesyFX/FocusOnMe/FocusOnMe!.cslist failed. Errors:
!> [CS1061]: Type `JSONStorableFloat' does not contain a definition for `SetInteractble' and no extension method `SetInteractble' of type `JSONStorableFloat' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference? in <Unknown> at [248, 70]"
I already noticed the typo in 'SetInteractble ', but it works like that for me (and others). What VAM version are you running? Maybe an update will fix it.

Holy wow ok, so I watched all the way through on the first video on ShakeIt and you're right, the next modules will be awesome and achieve more or less what I was suggesting/requesting in my review! A couple things that would just absolutely be amazing if possible to do would be 1. Creating options for customizing the female's reactions by putting in the user's own audio files, 2. Having the reaction be different depending on where you touch/slap/contact the female's body, 3. Having the sounds made when collision occurs be customizable in the same way that the voice audio/reactions would be with some sort of personal folder, and finally, 4. I know nothing about the difficulty of this so slap me if I'm being silly here, but based on the FocusOnMe "gaze" detection maybe there could also be audio reactions based on which node/atoms you are looking at, so, let's say you look at her breasts, well she'll notice that and comment, or let's say you look at her hands or anything like that, the user could go in and place custom audio into selected folders that correspond to those atoms or nodes or body parts and the female atom will then respond with maybe having a cooldown or having a set randomized chance of her saying something. Anyway, thank you for your really great work!

Holy wow ok, so I watched all the way through on the first video on ShakeIt and you're right, the next modules will be awesome and achieve more or less what I was suggesting/requesting in my review! A couple things that would just absolutely be amazing if possible to do would be 1. Creating options for customizing the female's reactions by putting in the user's own audio files, 2. Having the reaction be different depending on where you touch/slap/contact the female's body, 3. Having the sounds made when collision occurs be customizable in the same way that the voice audio/reactions would be with some sort of personal folder, and finally, 4. I know nothing about the difficulty of this so slap me if I'm being silly here, but based on the FocusOnMe "gaze" detection maybe there could also be audio reactions based on which node/atoms you are looking at, so, let's say you look at her breasts, well she'll notice that and comment, or let's say you look at her hands or anything like that, the user could go in and place custom audio into selected folders that correspond to those atoms or nodes or body parts and the female atom will then respond with maybe having a cooldown or having a set randomized chance of her saying something. Anyway, thank you for your really great work!
Basically everything you said is already done :)

But to go a bit more in detail what I have:
Every body region like Breasts, Ass, Thighs, etc. has it's own sub folders OnTouch, OnSlap, OnLookAt where you can put an arbitrary number of sound files in. These get played randomly if the specific event happens. OnTouch is further separeted into OnEnter, OnStay and OnExit. This is not only useful for caressing events, but also for the orifices :)
You can use a local file system with loose files or, how I do it, package them in an assetbundle for way faster load times and no scene clutter. You can also set up different voices/personalities you can choose from.

But as you can imagine it is really hard to make everything configurable by the user. While most of it is done, I have to get back into the project after the distractions of ShakeIt and so on. And there are still some things to take care of. For example it is not easy to filter out the collisions you don't want to trigger something. Like ass on couch, differentiate between self collision and collision with others or the player and so on. Imagine the girl occasionally touching her leg and she reacts with "Ohh, I love it when you toch my leg". So there really should be way more folders for every possible occasion... This gets complicated as hell. So don't expect me to release this tomorrow.

But to go a bit more in detail what I have:
Every body region like Breasts, Ass, Thighs, etc. has it's own sub folders OnTouch, OnSlap, OnLookAt where you can put an arbitrary number of sound files in. These get played randomly if the specific event happens. OnTouch is further separeted into OnEnter, OnStay and OnExit. This is not only useful for caressing events, but also for the orifices :)
You can use a local file system with loose files or, how I do it, package them in an assetbundle for way faster load times and no scene clutter. You can also set up different voices/personalities you can choose from.

But as you can imagine it is really hard to make everything configurable by the user. While most of it is done, I have to get back into the project after the distractions of ShakeIt and so on. And there are still some things to take care of. For example it is not easy to filter out the collisions you don't want to trigger something. Like ass on couch, differentiate between self collision and collision with others or the player and so on. Imagine the girl occasionally touching her leg and she reacts with "Ohh, I love it when you toch my leg". So there really should be way more folders for every possible occasion... This gets complicated as hell. So don't expect me to release this tomorrow.
Oh WOW ok you're my hero. I think when you release that, it will be one of the best plugins created for VAM then, honestly. I'm glad you're so thorough with your work too. Take your time! Also, you should start a Patreon so even if you want to release things for free, we can still support the time and effort you're putting into these things.

Hey. I read that you weren't aware as to why the UI disappears sometimes. I don't know the exact technical cause of it, but this always occurs whenever a person has PostMagic running in their session plugins but then a scene also loads another instance of PostMagic. Once they leave that scene that had PostMagic in it, the UI will disappear. Double tapping M brings it back. I know you said you relied on PostMagic to some capacity with the AutoFocus, so the problem lies in there somewhere.

Also, whenever I apply this plugin and it loads, I always get this error:
!> Exception during RestoreFromLast of plugin#0_CheesyFX.LightMeUp: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at CheesyFX.LightMeUp.Toggle (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at CheesyFX.LightMeUp.LoadLightSettingsFromJSON (SimpleJSON.JSONClass jc) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at CheesyFX.LightMeUp.LateRestoreFromJSON (SimpleJSON.JSONClass jc, Boolean restorePhysical, Boolean restoreAppearance, Boolean setMissingToDefault) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Atom.RestoreFromLast (.JSONStorable js) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
!> Exception during LateRestore of plugin#0_CheesyFX.LightMeUp: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at CheesyFX.LightMeUp.Toggle (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at CheesyFX.LightMeUp.LoadLightSettingsFromJSON (SimpleJSON.JSONClass jc) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at CheesyFX.LightMeUp.LateRestoreFromJSON (SimpleJSON.JSONClass jc, Boolean restorePhysical, Boolean restoreAppearance, Boolean setMissingToDefault) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Atom.LateRestore (SimpleJSON.JSONClass jc, Boolean restorePhysical, Boolean restoreAppearance, Boolean restoreCore, Boolean isSubSceneRestore, Boolean setMissingToDefault, Boolean isTheSubSceneAtom) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Hopefully you can help with this o_O I have tried deleting the plugin and the LightSettings save file and redoing it all, but that didn't work. It also likes to randomly default back to base light settings instead of loading my saved light config. Is there any way you could add a load light config button next to save light config as backup if it doesn't load? It is a pain to manually set everything again.

Last edited:
Hey. I read that you weren't aware as to why the UI disappears sometimes. I don't know the exact technical cause of it, but this always occurs whenever a person has PostMagic running in their session plugins but then a scene also loads another instance of PostMagic. Once they leave that scene that had PostMagic in it, the UI will disappear. Double tapping M brings it back
Thanks, especially for the M-tip! I do know more or less what causes it, but I couldn't reliably reproduce it. I'll try some more later.
Also, whenever I apply this plugin and it loads, I always get this error:
So you load a scene which has the plugin on an atom or as a scene plugin? Because LateRestoreFromJSON should only be called while loading a scene (or on VAM startup if you have it as a session plugin). Could you please go a bit more in detail what you do? Do you also have it installed as a session plugin? Does the loading work, if you just reload the plugin?

Edit: Ok, the error occurs on VAM startup. I'll look into it.

Last edited:
Hey are there
Haha, that would be a lot of data if you stored the target positions every frame. But I think I get what you mean. My next plugin will keep track of what bodyregions you have looked at recently and does some interesting stuff with it :)
A second question and probably a dumb one, but does this work in VR?

Thanks, especially for the M-tip! I do know more or less what causes it, but I couldn't reliably reproduce it. I'll try some more later.

So you load a scene which has the plugin on an atom or as a scene plugin? Because LateRestoreFromJSON should only be called while loading a scene (or on VAM startup if you have it as a session plugin). Could you please go a bit more in detail what you do? Do you also have it installed as a session plugin? Does the loading work, if you just reload the plugin?

Edit: Ok, the error occurs on VAM startup. I'll look into it.

I get the error on startup if I have it as a Session Plugin. I also get the error on scene load if I have it attached to a person in a saved scene instead. Once the error occurs, the saved light config will never load no matter what I do. Reload the plugin, clear and reattach plugin, nothing. I have to set it all back up again. This prevents me from using it in any scene I may intend to share, the base light setup is very very dim and not usable in most cases.

Though even if you do resolve the error, hopefully you will still consider giving an option to manually load saves, and even saving multiple presets, this way multiple configs could be created that could be loaded easily.

Last edited:
I get the error on startup if I have it as a Session Plugin. I also get the error on scene load if I have it attached to a person in a saved scene instead. Once the error occurs, the saved light config will never load no matter what I do. Reload the plugin, clear and reattach plugin, nothing. I have to set it all back up again. This prevents me from using it in any scene I may intend to share, the base light setup is very very dim and not usable in most cases.

Though even if you do resolve the error, hopefully you will still consider giving an option to manually load saves, and even saving multiple presets, this way multiple configs could be created that could be loaded easily.
I'm on it. The preset system will also come soon.

CheesyFX updated FocusOnMe! with a new update entry:

Preset system and load error fix

• Fix: Error on VAM startup and scene load
  • New: Preset system for LightMeUp is up and running
So do you guys actually plan to release this with your scenes? Because I have some ideas to make it more convenient and for some additional features, but I don't know if it's worth the effort. This plugin seems generally not sooo well received...
Here are my ideas:
  • Making everything configurable from your session instance and have it beeing saved with the scene...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Back
Top Bottom