FocusOnMe!

Plugins FocusOnMe!

I'm on it. The preset system will also come soon.

You're awesome. I don't know why you say this isn't very well received. This is a great plugin. It solves so many issues, most importantly the fact that FPS can be vastly improved in situations you would have to otherwise use multiple lights to fully illuminate all areas of a character. I'm not entirely sure the extent to which this could be implemented, but people who do mocaps of dances and stuff in which the girl moves around a lot could greatly benefit from this.

The ideas you posted would be great. It's already amazing how it is, but I wouldn't complain about more features. :D

You're awesome. I don't know why you say this isn't very well received. This is a great plugin. It solves so many issues, most importantly the fact that FPS can be vastly improved in situations you would have to otherwise use multiple lights to fully illuminate all areas of a character. I'm not entirely sure the extent to which this could be implemented, but people who do mocaps of dances and stuff in which the girl moves around a lot could greatly benefit from this.

The ideas you posted would be great. It's already amazing how it is, but I wouldn't complain about more features. :D
Thanks a lot! Is it all working for you now?
Maybe I should point out in the description that the lights are parented to the player and aren't stationary scene lights.

Thanks a lot! Is it all working for you now?
Maybe I should point out in the description that the lights are parented to the player and aren't stationary scene lights.

Yep. Works great now, thank you again :love: Describing what something does intuitively and as quick as possible is pretty hard to do. Im sure a lot of people are like me and skip over most things if they can't quickly understand what something does. Luckily I took the time to see what this was all about, mostly paid closer attention cause of how well your other plugins were. Hopefully you can come up with a good description that helps you relay this great plugin well enough that you are satisfied with.

Last edited:
Should be possible, but the main camera won't be focussed then.
It would be great to have two plugin presets, one for the viewport and another for the camera. Or just the ability to switch between modes for the window camera and Vam viewport. Of course, it would be ideal if all of this worked automatically.

As others have mentioned, the UI still disappears when used with PostMagic.
And it can be redisplayed by tapping the M key twice.

If you use both as session plug-ins, the UI disappears when you turn off PostMagic or clear FocusOnMe.

If only FocusOnMe is loaded as a session plug-in, the UI disappears when a scene containing PostMagic is loaded and the plug-in is turned off.
In this case it is the same for both scene plugins and atoms.

Your development is great and I look forward to seeing it develop.

As others have mentioned, the UI still disappears when used with PostMagic.
And it can be redisplayed by tapping the M key twice.

If you use both as session plug-ins, the UI disappears when you turn off PostMagic or clear FocusOnMe.

If only FocusOnMe is loaded as a session plug-in, the UI disappears when a scene containing PostMagic is loaded and the plug-in is turned off.
In this case it is the same for both scene plugins and atoms.

Your development is great and I look forward to seeing it develop.
Thanks for the detailed bug report! That's definitely something I can work with.
I have a pretty big update almost ready. In this new version you are no longer allowed to use it as a scene or atom plugin. The connection to the scene (store data, triggers) is handled automatically and should be less of a hassle. Maybe that will fix the issue, but I doubt it. I'll look into it after the update is out.

On a side note: PostMagic is not intended to be used as a session plugin (according to MacGruber). In any case, don't use PostMagic's DoF in combination with mine.

This is A) a fantastic plugin and B) a clinic on how to communicate about your plugin and its progress/intent. Awesome work and I appreciate the transparency!

I am really hoping you could tell me what textures the model in the video is using. You don't need to share it, I just want to know what it is because the muscle/normal map is really nice! Hard to find ones that actually have a ribcage beyond two ribs lol

This is A) a fantastic plugin and B) a clinic on how to communicate about your plugin and its progress/intent. Awesome work and I appreciate the transparency!

I am really hoping you could tell me what textures the model in the video is using. You don't need to share it, I just want to know what it is because the muscle/normal map is really nice! Hard to find ones that actually have a ribcage beyond two ribs lol
Thanks! The diffuse is default Kayla and the normals and spec are Ren Samantha. I also used the sweat gloss maps from WeebU. I guess it's the Samantha normals you are missing.

CheesyFX updated FocusOnMe! with a new update entry:

Feature update

Changes:
  • You are no longer allowed to add this to an atom or the scene plugins. Use it as a session plugin.
  • An auxiliary scene plugin is automatically added to any scene you load. This stores any changes made in the session plugin to the scene.json and reloads it afterwards. The user only has to have FocusOnMe! installed as a session plugin to make this work.
Additions:
  • lightshow feature: Press the "Edit lightshow" button. Here you can

Read the rest of this update entry...

While I like that you are including features, I don't know about this latest update that forces me to use this as a session plugin. I use PostMagic as a session plugin for the LUTs and AA, and your plugin conflicts with it, so I cannot have them both. Hopefully you will revert the change of not allowing it as an atom plugin, otherwise I am regretfully stuck with an old version. Or possibly have some way that the DoF is not auto initiated at all so it doesn't conflict and turn off PostMagic when loaded. I am able to get around this as an atom plugin cause I can load this, turn off DoF, then reload my session plugins.

Hello, an error appears

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 0
Very useful plugins!
But I find a bug? line 216 in LightMeUpIO.cs,
original code is:
["plugin#0"] = $"Custom/Scripts/CheesyFX/FocusOnMe/FocusOnMe_ScenePlugin.cs",
I think it should be:
["plugin#0"] = $"Custom/Scripts/CheesyFX/FocusOnMe/ScenePlugin/FocusOnMe_ScenePlugin.cs",

Very useful plugins!
But I find a bug? line 216 in LightMeUpIO.cs,
original code is:
["plugin#0"] = $"Custom/Scripts/CheesyFX/FocusOnMe/FocusOnMe_ScenePlugin.cs",
I think it should be:
["plugin#0"] = $"Custom/Scripts/CheesyFX/FocusOnMe/ScenePlugin/FocusOnMe_ScenePlugin.cs",
You're right! I forgot to update this file in the var. Thanks!

Fantastic plugin, I really like it, awesome contribution mate!

However,some bugs on my side:

1. I have saved it to my session plugins preset, so it loads automatically. But during loading my default scene, I get this errormessage (Plugin works despite of it):
!> Plugin file Custom/Scripts/CheesyFX/FocusOnMe/ScenePlugin/FocusOnMe_ScenePlugin.cs does not exist

2. I cannot save my scene anymore when the plugin is added, this is a showstopper.
If I remove the plugin from session plugins, I am able to save again.
!> Exception during Save: System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,JSONStorable].TryGetValue (System.String key, .JSONStorable& value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Atom.GetStorableByID (System.String storeid) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at CheesyFX.LightMeUp.GetOrAddScenePlugin () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at CheesyFX.LightMeUp.ParseSceneLightConfig () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at SuperController.SaveInternalFinish (System.String saveName, .Atom specificAtom, Boolean includePhysical, Boolean includeAppearance, .ScreenShotCallback callback, Boolean isOverwrite) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at SuperController.SaveInternal (System.String saveName, .Atom specificAtom, Boolean includePhysical, Boolean includeAppearance, .ScreenShotCallback callback, Boolean isOverwrite, Boolean fromPlugin) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

1. I have saved it to my session plugins preset, so it loads automatically. But during loading my default scene, I get this errormessage (Plugin works despite of it):
!> Plugin file Custom/Scripts/CheesyFX/FocusOnMe/ScenePlugin/FocusOnMe_ScenePlugin.cs does not exist

2. I cannot save my scene anymore when the plugin is added, this is a showstopper.
If I remove the plugin from session plugins, I am able to save again.
!> Exception during Save: System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,JSONStorable].TryGetValue (System.String key, .JSONStorable& value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Atom.GetStorableByID (System.String storeid) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at CheesyFX.LightMeUp.GetOrAddScenePlugin () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at CheesyFX.LightMeUp.ParseSceneLightConfig () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at SuperController.SaveInternalFinish (System.String saveName, .Atom specificAtom, Boolean includePhysical, Boolean includeAppearance, .ScreenShotCallback callback, Boolean isOverwrite) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at SuperController.SaveInternal (System.String saveName, .Atom specificAtom, Boolean includePhysical, Boolean includeAppearance, .ScreenShotCallback callback, Boolean isOverwrite, Boolean fromPlugin) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
These two errors are the same. The plugin tries to load the local .cs file, which you obviously don't have. I'll fix it.

Back
Top Bottom