Question Failed to load plugin and textures after replacing motherboard.

xyzeexyzeexyzee

Reactions
TL:DR Most of the plug-in and textures failed to launch with VAM after replacing faulty motherboard.

I've using VAM in VR since 2021 with my current AM4 pc Set up. My B450 mother board (MSI mortar non-max) finally failed and I've replace it with a new B550 (gigabyte B550M DS3H AC) with the existing 5800x3d. Windows 11 boot up without reinstallation after motherboard replacement. However the 4 Sata HDD probably not connected in the same order despite keeping the original designated letter.

When we boot up VAM, the session plug-in is not found (plugin page shown red boxes). When I try to load a previously saved appearance, hair and skin texture cannot load only default MeshVR skin is shown. When opening the skin texture page, the bulk of var is not visible. I have checked and all the relevene var files are still in the AddonPackage folder.

I've try to clear cache folder but nothing have change.

Can someone shed a light to my problem? Do I reinstall VAM?

VaM is not installable, it runs on the folder it's in.
First of all, you should do a core repair (vam_updater.exe) to make sure the base VaM is not corrupt in some way.

Upvote 0
VaM is not installable, it runs on the folder it's in.
First of all, you should do a core repair (vam_updater.exe) to make sure the base VaM is not corrupt in some way.
Thanks for the tips! I'll try that first.

Edit: I've tried core repair and full repair (via vam_updater.exe) but the problem have not change. Still not able to detect jayjaywon's UIassist which I've put in the session's plug-in (plus all other textures). Now VAM failed to notice the new .var file I put into the AddonPackage folder.

Edit 2: 3 hours later. After full repair and run 'scan for new package' in 'Open package manager', the VAM start able to locate all the plugins. The whole think just got really sluggish but it is working now. Gosh!

Thanks you again for your time and effort for a bigshot like you to notice my plead for help.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-27 001138.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-27 001138.png
    168.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Someone in Discord some days ago had a similar problem and turned out to be a corrupt (broken zip) VAR that would break the VAR scanning process.

For the errrors shown in the picture:

Upvote 0
Thanks again for your time. I need to manually rescan package in Add-on package manager to let VAM rediscover all the add-ons and textures. :( Can you share the discord post regarding the broken var which disrupt the scanning processes?

Many Thanks.

Upvote 0
There was no mention of which VAR it was, but that's also pointless as corruption can happen for any VAR file for many reasons, like for example a incomplete download.
VARs are mainly zip files, you can open them like you would a zip. Perhaps there's some programs around that can scan a large number of the VARs you have and check for file integrity problems to more easily find the culprit.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom