Question aany way to load clothing textures faster?

Mm3

Reactions
it takes a very long time to load the texture and th caching not helping at all, i don't see a difference except taking space

so is there a way to speed the texture load process?

It is slow, even compared to Daz Studio. If you haven't done so already, adding a M.2 SSD to a system and putting all of Vam on it, including the cache, will make a difference. The M.2 SSDs are faster than regular SATA SSDs.

Also a good idea to flush the whole cache periodically. I do it when it hits 18GB. YMMV. Vam will be very slow to load the first time after a flush, but it will be faster after that, IMO.

Upvote 0
It is slow, even compared to Daz Studio. If you haven't done so already, adding a M.2 SSD to a system and putting all of Vam on it, including the cache, will make a difference. The M.2 SSDs are faster than regular SATA SSDs.

Also a good idea to flush the whole cache periodically. I do it when it hits 18GB. YMMV. Vam will be very slow to load the first time after a flush, but it will be faster after that, IMO.
thanks i will consider buying m.2 ssd a shame there isn't another way to load the textures faster i mean they are just images right?

Upvote 0
Loading everything takes time. That *&^$*&^ Custom Unity Asset Loader is the one that kills me. Scenes that load a lot of individual sound files can be slow too.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom