Embody
How does a fella go about setting these tags?
Go to the Clothing or Hair Tab, look for the item in question and enable it, click on User Pref, and check the boxes that describe it better so Embody can hide it correctly.

Hey Acid Bubbles. I am having a terribly difficult time trying to use Embody for precise fullbody control.
Please presume that I know very little about making Virtamate functional and not a user interface cesspool.
I added the plugin to the character atom I was gonna use (the person i want to control), then I went in to each tracker in the
plugin and set them to control left foot right foot and hips. After that this was the result.

I had to try and tweak the offsets but it really didnt help much and was unintuitive and didnt result in a straightened out posture at all
how can I more easily setup the tracking to be as easy as how embody makes my head and hands control things effortlessly and with correct proportion?
1694212358316.png

Activating embody with trackers makes the pose crunch up and permanently flex to a weird position like that

Hey great plugin, just for curiosity, what's this scene?

First off big thank you for all the work you`ve done/doing.
I have an issue on VR only ( on desktop it`s fine ).

Problem is camera orientation when activating embody with passenger on. Intuitively camera should point the same direction the head is, however it seems to prefer pointing towards X positive or Z positive, kinda random, i haven`t been able to figure it after various tries.

My intent here to transition from without passenger to with passenger and vice versa. It doesn`t matter if the activation is done manually or via triggers and happens in all poses.

With a quick search through this discussion thread, I could not find a solution or insight to my issue.

To preface my issue, I have 8 person atoms with the plugin 'embody' used as cameras for my scene randomized with logic bricks state machines. Every thing framed correctly when I possess each individually, as well. The problem is when I start playing my animation and when the cameras switch between each other via their respective triggers, the ONLY 'embody' plugin that functions properly is the one attached to the person atom listed first the VAM 'Select' list. All others subsequent don't have the proper framing, nor the automatic camera rotation/position changes 'embody' automates. The first person atom in the 'select' list doesn't even have to trigger first. Is their a priority setting in VAM I could be missing somewhere regarding plugins? Do you have any idea how I might be able to get my person atom cameras to function properly in my scene?

If you would like, I could provide pictures of my plugin settings (only thing different between all 'embody' atoms are the Depth, Height, Pitch Adjusts and Eye Targets settings)

Thank you for your amazing work with Embody Acid Bubbles!
I have a question, maybe someone can help.

When I embody a character the whole scene changes its position relative to my headset, breaking the alignment with real objects in my room.
Is there any way to avoid that?

Thank you in advance!

Thank you for your amazing work with Embody Acid Bubbles!
I have a question, maybe someone can help.

When I embody a character the whole scene changes its position relative to my headset, breaking the alignment with real objects in my room.
Is there any way to avoid that?

Thank you in advance!
Well, I found a workaround for this, in case some one is interested.
I used the "Spawn Point" plugin (thank you again Acid Bubbles!) to get my position back to where I needed it.

Hardware: Quest 3 + two controllers (no vive trackers, no leap motion)

Setup for Snug: I launch the wizard for snug, measure height, hands positioning. Result: body motion is good. Knee bending, head tracking, rotation of the body. All good.

Only the hands are out of position. I can see the sphere representing my hands are not at the same height. For the left hand the sphere is below the hand, for the right it's above it.
If I put my hands in front of me, palms to the sky, they will be twisted.

I tried multiple setups with the wizard with the same result. With Possession mode built-in VAM, the hands are fine.

How can I setup Embody to correct the positioning of my hands? Is this hardware related?

EDIT: For those with the same problem, the only thing I found was going back to the base settings of embody, and adjust everything manually to my likings. Just don't use the wizard if you don't get the results you wished.

Last edited:
Hello, I found a problem.When I try to use the pov of the lockhead, that is to say I lock camera rotation in Embody, and the screen will start to spin. I found a solution, that is, point the mouse to other application windows and it will not continue to spin. But few days ago, it couldn't spin using lockhead pov. When I emptied the cache directory, it started to spin now. I don't know how to solve it. I regret emptying the cache very much.

Attachments

• _20231217223023.jpg
    _20231217223023.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20231217223003.jpg
    20231217223003.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 0
Hello. I am using Embody on Empty atoms as a means of moving the camera around to different places in my scene. I'm using MacGruber's StateMachine to trigger moving the camera. So for example, at the end of a state, I'll do:

Camera 1
Embody
IsActive = false

Camera 2
Embody
IsActive = true

However, when Embody gets activated on camera 2, the angle of the camera is more often incorrect than correct. If I disable and re-enable it, it locks into the correct place, but for some reason, doing it through the statemachine is resulting in angles that are off. Any idea how to prevent that?

in that state remove:
Camera 2
Embody
IsActive = true

then add a new state with 0 duration( or after 0.2 seconds) right after with the above, what may be happening is that you are triggering that change too fast and the plugins need some time to work their magic

Hi I am having trouble with the embody plugin, where when i embody the person, my fps suddenly slashed to halves of its original. Pre-embody = 87 fps, after poessos- 37fps

Guys, what's the best way to give the user a UI interface while in embody mode.

For example, I have an empty atom as a camera which embody is attached to. While embody is active, the camera will move according to my animation in timeline. Is there way to keep a UI button static (let's say in the lower right corner of the screen) while the camera is moving and embody is active?

Basically, I want to create an auto fly-cam for each animation segment. But give user the control to click a button to proceed to the next phase. Is tht even possible when embody is active?

Thanks!!

Guys, what's the best way to give the user a UI interface while in embody mode.

For example, I have an empty atom as a camera which embody is attached to. While embody is active, the camera will move according to my animation in timeline. Is there way to keep a UI button static (let's say in the lower right corner of the screen) while the camera is moving and embody is active?

Basically, I want to create an auto fly-cam for each animation segment. But give user the control to click a button to proceed to the next phase. Is tht even possible when embody is active?

Thanks!!
You can parent link it to your camera atom/[Camera Rig] and move it accordingly while you are embodying as well sizing it as a quick solution. For VR however it may be a bit different as the button may get behind actors and objects (it has to be in reaching distance for the controllers) but it may be solved by increasing the button's render queue.

You can parent link it to your camera atom/[Camera Rig] and move it accordingly while you are embodying as well sizing it as a quick solution. For VR however it may be a bit different as the button may get behind actors and objects (it has to be in reaching distance for the controllers) but it may be solved by increasing the button's render queue.
That's genius!! I'm going to try linking it to the camera atom and see how it goes! Thanks man!

Hello,

I have an issue: when I try to embody a person, the person's head doesn't follow where I look in real life and instead stares straight. If I look left, right, up, or down, it doesn't follow where I'm looking. I tried looking up solutions and even joined the discord for Embody for answers but to no avail. I am wondering if anyone has a solution to my problem? thank you.

You have not mentioned if this is happening in all the scenes, as some scenes may also have additional plugins or other stuff that controls the head or loads up their own embody profile.
Or you may have a lock head rotations enabled on your custom default preset and you didn't know it.

You have not mentioned if this is happening in all the scenes, as some scenes may also have additional plugins or other stuff that controls the head or loads up their own embody profile.
Or you may have a lock head rotations enabled on your custom default preset and you didn't know it.
I loaded a scene where only a person and a mirror are the only things. I looked at the plugin for the person and no other plugin is there. One thing I noticed is that the person focuses on the desktop/monitor camera. I'm not sure if that affects the head movement. Also, could you show me where the lock head rotation is and how to turn it off since I'm not sure if it is on or off? Thank you very much for your help.

That would be in passenger as it should be the only module that could be responsible for locking rotations. In the main screen of Embody you have on the left side the ability to turn modules on and off and on their own right side their own settings.

If passenger is disabled in your case then it is a weird issue. It could be related to the trackers instead, and you could poke in that section instead.
You can also try to go to the main screen of Embody, right top, you have Manage Presets ... Reset to Built In Defaults.

That would be in passenger as it should be the only module that could be responsible for locking rotations. In the main screen of Embody you have on the left side the ability to turn modules on and off and on their own right side their own settings.

If passenger is disabled in your case then it is a weird issue. It could be related to the trackers instead, and you could poke in that section instead.
You can also try to go to the main screen of Embody, right top, you have Manage Presets ... Reset to Built In Defaults.
I have solved the issue and the solution was that the scene I loaded with the person and mirror didn't work with head movement for some reason despite no plugin in the scene. I just loaded another scene to embody and the head movement worked. I'm glad it works now. Also, thanks for your help.

Back
Top Bottom