• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Question Dummy with clothes and appearance preset?

VRmatt

Reactions
Is there a way to load a posed, non-rigged person in the scene? With the ability to change the clothes or appearance?
Like a "dummy" CUA , but with changeable looks (and static pose)

Solution
No :)

You're either using VAM's characters. Or Unity's asset. And Unity assets would require you to code something to be able to "customize" them.

Best approach if your goal is to reduce the performance/memory cost is to use the freeze physics option.
Or if your goal is too simply have a set of saved presets, you can take a look at Studio Maestro.

Does that answer your question?
No :)

You're either using VAM's characters. Or Unity's asset. And Unity assets would require you to code something to be able to "customize" them.

Best approach if your goal is to reduce the performance/memory cost is to use the freeze physics option.
Or if your goal is too simply have a set of saved presets, you can take a look at Studio Maestro.

Does that answer your question?

Upvote 0
Solution
Hey Thanks Hamhox. I use your plugins religiously.

Your suggestion is in the ballpark yeah. In my mind I'm thinking something like; a person, appearance, without any rigging (would that be possible?)
Also - some hack to disable any physics and anything else additional, other than a basic collider for the model.

Upvote 0
^^ I'm glad you like them!

Nope, there is no way to completely remove the rigging aspect AND keep the customization possibilities. Freezing physics also has downsides, like some clothes will "glitch" on the simulation.

• If the goal is to have a quick way to load presets, and simply customize the characters, go for Studio Maestro
  • If the goal is to reduce the performance cost, there is no solution here. Disabling physics will have some downsides no matter what parameters you try. Clothes are physically computed for a lot of them, you could try to disable sim, but the aspect will be far different.

I'm really sad to not have a solution for this, but you're stuck with "realtime", and only a tool (or a scene setup) similar as Studio Maestro is the closest solution to your needs.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom