Damaged City Environment

Assets Damaged City Environment

Romolas

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Patreon
Romolas
Romolas submitted a new resource:

Damaged City Environment - A city under attack!

Here's the environment I put together for my latest scene.

This one's pretty niche tbh but I thought I might as well share it.

Comes with an example scene with includes some basic lighting and ambient sound effects already set-up.

The asset bundle has various presets including the sports car as a standalone if you want to use that in other scenes.

View attachment 6563

Read more about this resource...

1601926549.jpg

1601926593.jpg

Hi, could you make this one into a night version? I have tried changing the skybox, adding VAMunifier for the assets and deleting all the lights, but it still looks like a day time. Or maybe if you could just release the damaged cars with the fire as an asset so that it can be imported into another scene that would help me too. Great scene otherwise!

Hi, could you make this one into a night version? I have tried changing the skybox, adding VAMunifier for the assets and deleting all the lights, but it still looks like a day time. Or maybe if you could just release the damaged cars with the fire as an asset so that it can be imported into another scene that would help me too. Great scene otherwise!
So I think you probably want to play around with the unity ambient lighting, that's probably why it still looks like day time. I have a GIF here which shows you how to do it.
I would also recommend removing the default skybox and replacing with one of my assets from this bundle (When I made this environment I didn't have that skybox bundle yet). Those skyboxes look way better than the ones built into VaM.

Hope that helps!

So I think you probably want to play around with the unity ambient lighting, that's probably why it still looks like day time. I have a GIF here which shows you how to do it.
I would also recommend removing the default skybox and replacing with one of my assets from this bundle (When I made this environment I didn't have that skybox bundle yet). Those skyboxes look way better than the ones built into VaM.

Hope that helps!
Hey thanks for the reply, I actually haven't tried changing that setting you showin the GIF, but not to sound mean or anything, it still doesn't look that "believable" like there are other environment assets here on the hub which have a day and night version and those look well straight away... Does that have to do something with the textures being adjusted by the creator prior importing it into VAM?

I mean the road texture wasn't really affected by the change you've shown in the GIF.

but again I don't want to be rude or anything, just would love to use the environment but really in the night setting of it.

I will try the skybox of yours and that setting from GIF first, thank you!

Hey thanks for the reply, I actually haven't tried changing that setting you showin the GIF, but not to sound mean or anything, it still doesn't look that "believable" like there are other environment assets here on the hub which have a day and night version and those look well straight away... Does that have to do something with the textures being adjusted by the creator prior importing it into VAM?

I mean the road texture wasn't really affected by the change you've shown in the GIF.

but again I don't want to be rude or anything, just would love to use the environment but really in the night setting of it.

I will try the skybox of yours and that setting from GIF first, thank you!
Yeah fair enough, this was one of the first environments I put together so the lighting isn't great. It probably is something to do with the imported assets, I remember having difficulty with the road texture in Unity at the time.

I doubt you'd be able to get a perfect night time version, but you can hopefully get something close by turning down the ambient lighting, selecting a better skybox and playing around with lighting. You could probably for example get a decent moonlight set-up. But yeah not much else I can suggest I'm afraid, sorry!

Yeah fair enough, this was one of the first environments I put together so the lighting isn't great. It probably is something to do with the imported assets, I remember having difficulty with the road texture in Unity at the time.

I doubt you'd be able to get a perfect night time version, but you can hopefully get something close by turning down the ambient lighting, selecting a better skybox and playing around with lighting. You could probably for example get a decent moonlight set-up. But yeah not much else I can suggest I'm afraid, sorry!
No worries, thanks for taking the time to reply and help in other ways. If by any chance anytime in the future you'd open the scene in unity, could you separate the burning cars so that they could be imported into another scene? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom