Featured Contributor
Reactions
Website
www.patreon.com
Patreon
vamjfd
vamjfd submitted a new resource:

City - Alive! - animated city life

Ok...took me a long time but here is a free lively city for you all to immerse yourself into

not sure why some of the sounds are not triggered via the ui button where I added a command for it, but a bit further down is a guide how to get the ambient sound in the bar

hope you enjoy, please feel free to support me on my patreon, will be much appreciated :)

here is a short video: https://vimeo.com/732747549

credit to all these...

Read more about this resource...

I love what people are doing with these assets, but it is kind of a bummer for me because it depends on those horrible Mixamo animations. I had some conversations 2 years ago and created some of these animated character assets myself back in the day (through the whole vam -> blender -> unity route), but I ended giving up because of how few, say, dancing animations there were available (and because of the mixamo dances being horrible). Back in the day I was almost alone in trying to do that stuff. It was me and I think Matt.

Now that people are more interested in that sort of stuff, I think that there is opportunity for working together on a system to animate those assets inside of virt-a-mate, with the virt-a-mate animation plugins. In other words, trying to make the controllers of the asset available inside of virt-a-mate. If we can do that, then these sorts of scenes will be amazing.

If there was a way to directly export virt-a-mate characters to the finished unity assets, that would be great too, although this part is much more difficult.

Love it! Thanks!
Just a heads up though. Beside the couch where the guy is leaning against it, there is a woman walking just below the floor. You can see the top of her head lol. I just moved her outside. Did a scene for myself like this in the neighborhood scene. Man thats a lot of work haha

Back
Top Bottom