CUA Timeline Guide and Demonstration

Guides CUA Timeline Guide and Demonstration

Farger

Invaluable member
Featured Contributor
Reactions
Farger submitted a new resource:

CUA Timeline Demonstration - Demonstration in how to implement triggers for CUA using Timeline

This guide includes a demonstration of an elf mage casting a fire spell. Timeline is used in the animation of the hands, as well as activating triggers for the CUA to turn on and off and to activate sound effects. When using Timeline to turn CUA on and off, it is not recommended to add Timeline to the CUA itself, instead use another atom in the scene, such as a person, or perhaps an empty atom.

The main purpose of this guide is to post an example scene for...

Read more about this resource...

Unfortunately the way wrote this is still abit confusing to me. Recommend expanding it abit.
Like for example, can't see stop anywhere, nothing in my menu about triggers etc... not even sure how to make a trigger.

Maybe something wrong with my version or the scene, when load it up completely blank.

Attachments

• VaM 2024-08-11 11-34-49.png
    VaM 2024-08-11 11-34-49.png
    1 MB · Views: 0
Unfortunately the way wrote this is still abit confusing to me. Recommend expanding it abit.
Like for example, can't see stop anywhere, nothing in my menu about triggers etc... not even sure how to make a trigger.
I made this originally as an ask from a friend who wanted an example to examine. Nonetheless, I am happy to expand upon it in order to explain how to add triggers, it will take me some time. Thank you.

Maybe something wrong with my version or the scene, when load it up completely blank.
Timeline requires Virt-A-Mate 1.20.77 or more recent in order to work. I added this dependency to the overview since I had not realized this issue prior to posting.

Timeline requires Virt-A-Mate 1.20.77 or more recent in order to work. I added this dependency to the overview since I had not realized this issue prior to posting.

Figured it out, fellow on Discord helped me out.

To be specific, it was this. There is a box that needs ticked and unticked, I actually couldn't find this on any guide I found which was weird. Not sure if still doing it wrong but it appears to work.

VaM 2024-08-11 13-26-57.png

Farger updated CUA Timeline Guide and Demonstration with a new update entry:

Totally rebuilt this post as a 50-step guide for building CUA triggers in Timeline

This update transforms this post into a 50 step guide. A Timeline CUA Setup scene has been added. Load up the setup scene and follow along with the guide to build a scene that turns a fire particle effect on and off. This update also adds a completed scene as a reference. The completed scene includes sound effects. An explanation for adding triggers that change the sound will be posted in a future update.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Farger updated CUA Timeline Guide and Demonstration with a new update entry:

Expanded the guide to three parts: triggering CUA, triggering sounds and activating animations

This update expands this guide and organizes it into 3 parts.

Part 1 centers upon triggering CUA, such as a fire particle effect
Part 2 adds triggers to activate sounds
Part 3 adds options to initiate the animation.

This update also adds three completed scenes for each of the 3 parts of the guide.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Back
Top Bottom