• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Common Use Cases Guide Request

kriskarren

Reactions
I feel like its not intuitive to get started with Virt-a-mate.
I have a very basic, and likely common, use case as an "entertainer" tier user. The use case is:
  1. load up the app
  2. find a suitable "look" for a character
  3. make it have sex in a specific position
  4. as a bonus, maybe switch out the surrounding environment and clothing
  5. next, introduce community resources like the hub to get more options for the above
Right now its too complicated to accomplish this use case, especially with the complex PC UI and numerous wikis across sites and subreddits. The wikis tend to focus on the "creator" tier users, who want to make full use of all the features, instead of just fap. I don't need to be bogged down by tutorials on all of the UI elements or lighting or whatever. Just need basic understanding of swapping out looks, animations, and environments, as well as switching points of view (POV vs 3rd person "voyeur").

Could someone please create a guide that focuses on this use case? Or, if it already exists, could you please share a link with me?

Last edited:
I haven't watched these, but this might go in your direction:

I have a very basic, and likely common, use case as an "entertainer" tier user. The use case is:
  1. load up the app
  2. find a suitable "look" for a character
  3. make it have sex in a specific position
  4. as a bonus, maybe switch out the surrounding environment and clothing
  5. next, introduce community resources like the hub to get more options for the above
Might be hard to do the 3rd point, as Entertainer tier doesn't allow to create animations or to add new atoms (objects or characters). You can pose your character, but I guess that's pretty much how far you'll go.

The easiest way to achieve what you want would be go the other way around. You should start from a scene that includes the sex positions you'd like to see:
  1. Download some nice looking scenes from the Hub.
    I advise to take Hub-hosted ones (that you can recognize with the green "Hub-Hosted VAR" tag), it'll make the 2nd step easier.
    If you do it from within VAM using the Hub browser (
    1630618662294.png
    ), you won't even need to put the ".var" in the AddonPackages folder: it'll be downloaded directly there.
  2. Download all required dependencies.
    You can do that easily for hub-hosted scenes; within VAM, just click on the the "Package Manager" icon and then on "Scan Hub For Missing Packages":
    1630616225402.png

Then hit the "Download all" button:
    1630616279812.png

3. Launch a scene. It should be in the "Scene browser".
  4. Then you can adjust things, like clothing. The guides MacGruber linked teach you how to do that. Play around! Be aware that changing the look can mess up the alignment of the characters. And changing the environment might screw up the scene (and will be very limited without Creator tier).
You're all set!

Back
Top Bottom