• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Question Cloth Blender to VAM and back

So I've been wondering,

Can you send a clothing item to VAM, wrap to morphed verts, then send it back to DAZ/blender?
Unfortunately not, I don't think you can get to the wrapped clothing as an obj. The way I have done it before is to create a single morph for the look with "morph merger" or "morph merge and split", then use Vam 2 Daz to get the look into daz and fit the clothing there, then export the obj to edit in blender.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately not, I don't think you can get to the wrapped clothing as an obj. The way I have done it before is to create a single morph for the look with "morph merger" or "morph merge and split", then use Vam 2 Daz to get the look into daz and fit the clothing there, then export the obj to edit in blender.

Yeah that much is easy enough, and it's good as a scale reference but it's never quite as perfect as wrapping to morphs.

I think I have an idea for kind of a roundabout method, basically, wrap to morphs, export the VAR, harvest your own VAR and shove that into blender maybe?

Upvote 0
Var as nothing to do with that : )

Build your character in VAM, export the obj. Create your clothes based on that in Blender. Export your clothes and import in VAM.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom