Question Cloth Blender to VAM and back

So I've been wondering,

Can you send a clothing item to VAM, wrap to morphed verts, then send it back to DAZ/blender?
Unfortunately not, I don't think you can get to the wrapped clothing as an obj. The way I have done it before is to create a single morph for the look with "morph merger" or "morph merge and split", then use Vam 2 Daz to get the look into daz and fit the clothing there, then export the obj to edit in blender.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately not, I don't think you can get to the wrapped clothing as an obj. The way I have done it before is to create a single morph for the look with "morph merger" or "morph merge and split", then use Vam 2 Daz to get the look into daz and fit the clothing there, then export the obj to edit in blender.

Yeah that much is easy enough, and it's good as a scale reference but it's never quite as perfect as wrapping to morphs.

I think I have an idea for kind of a roundabout method, basically, wrap to morphs, export the VAR, harvest your own VAR and shove that into blender maybe?

Upvote 0
Var as nothing to do with that : )

Build your character in VAM, export the obj. Create your clothes based on that in Blender. Export your clothes and import in VAM.

Upvote 0
Var as nothing to do with that : )

Build your character in VAM, export the obj. Create your clothes based on that in Blender. Export your clothes and import in VAM.
I do that already, the problem really is that I'd like to streamline the process since you can't get a 'perfect' fit

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom