Question Character creator 4 to VAM?

bdaboss

Reactions
Hi,
Can I export from character creator 4 to VAM? I am novice.
Please help.

Vam uses Genesis2 models exclusively. I don't think Character creator 4 can produce those.

So any CC4 model would have to be imported into Daz3D and converted to Genesis 2. Which isn't impossible, but isn't the job for a novice. You would have a steep learning curve ahead of you to figure it out.

Upvote 0
I try to use use CC4 because I got the best results with headshot plugin (photo to 3d).
I managed to import to Blender as obj, then to Daz, then export as morph to Vam but it did not work.
Can you recommend any software like facegen and headshot that works well and easy to import to Vam?
Facegen demo does not produce good results compared to headshot.

Upvote 0
Maybe you should describe the steps you used starting from when you imported the obj to Daz. What I often do with models in Daz is to save a character preset, then use the Daz to VAR converter program.

Upvote 0
I try to use use CC4 because I got the best results with headshot plugin (photo to 3d).
I managed to import to Blender as obj, then to Daz, then export as morph to Vam but it did not work.
Can you recommend any software like facegen and headshot that works well and easy to import to Vam?
Facegen demo does not produce good results compared to headshot.

It sounds like you imported the OBJ file from CC4 to Daz, and then tried to use it to create a morph for Genesis 2?

Your mistake was most likely in that last step of trying to use an OBJ to make a morph for a Genesis 2.

I had the best luck making VAM morphs in Blender:

In Blender you can also use SoftWrap to re-topologize a genesis 2 model.

In theory, the workflow would go: Photo --> 3D model (using CC4 or an AI script) --> Re-topologize Genesis 2 in Blender with SoftWrap --> Create Genesis 2 morph --> Create custom texture in Substance Painter or Zbrush using original photo and new Genesis 2 morph.

All in all, it's quite difficult though not impossible. There are probably only a few people who can do it right now.

Upvote 0
It sounds like you imported the OBJ file from CC4 to Daz, and then tried to use it to create a morph for Genesis 2?

Your mistake was most likely in that last step of trying to use an OBJ to make a morph for a Genesis 2.

I had the best luck making VAM morphs in Blender:

In Blender you can also use SoftWrap to re-topologize a genesis 2 model.

In theory, the workflow would go: Photo --> 3D model (using CC4 or an AI script) --> Re-topologize Genesis 2 in Blender with SoftWrap --> Create Genesis 2 morph --> Create custom texture in Substance Painter or Zbrush using original photo and new Genesis 2 morph.

All in all, it's quite difficult though not impossible. There are probably only a few people who can do it right now.
nice

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom