Question Character Creator vs. DAZ 3D

Vezzy

Reactions
Hi all. few questions for anyone to advise.

1. When it comes to creating realistic skin and custom body types with near perfect body dynamics (T&A), which software is best? I felt VAM might be a bit limiting in these aspects, but not sure if CC4 or Daz 3D is better?
2. Is it best to do facial tracking in VAM or else where?
3. Hair in VAM looks pretty fake, any suggests on 3rd party software for hair?

Thank you to anybody in advance!
Vezzy

Vam uses Daz3d as a base for creating looks. All of the morphs and clothes people create go through Daz, and the only models usable are the Daz3d Genesis 2 male and female. It's not really modeling software, it's a physics sandbox that uses built in daz3d and unity assets and things made by the community.

Upvote 0
Thanks, @Origin69!

So sounds like Daz3D to VAM is the way to go. I'm trying to put the characters and animation with the soft physics/ body dynamics into a realistic scene in Unreal Engine. What would you suggest as a workflow?

Upvote 0
I honestly have no idea. I don't know if you would be able to use vam in that way, as you wouldn't be able to export what you generate. I'm fairly certain that the model colliders and soft body physics used in vam were created through unity, and cannot be exported. As i said, vam is a real time physics sandbox with built in and user created morphs and animation features, and the ability to add scripts through plugins. You can mix morphs together in vam and pose the characters, just like you can in daz, but you can only export a vam character as an obj mesh, without the collider data or animation. Getting your creation out in any usable way for use in another prgram/engine may not be possible.

Upvote 0
Very insightful info. Thank you.

Can model colliders, animation and soft body physics be exported to Unity? Also what is BVH data?

Upvote 0
I don't think so, the colliders are built in. There is a collider editor plugin by AcidBubbles which allows you to view, edit them and save presets. Viewing the colliders may prove useful

I think BVH is for motion capture animations.
This is all a little out of my wheelhouse, I mainly focus on modelling and texturing.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom