Cel Shader effect setup for reshade

Guides Cel Shader effect setup for reshade

Liquidpinky

Reactions
Patreon
Liquidpinky
Liquidpinky submitted a new resource:

Cel Shader effect setup for reshade - Cel Shader effect setup for reshade, non VR

Cel Shader reshade setup.
My own one is attached, you need to rename it from Cel Shader.var to Cel Shader.ini and drop in with your other reshade ini files. (the site won't let me attach .ini files)

View attachment 37617Must do:
This will not work with AA on or Postmagic being used. Turn them off.

Tips and tricks:

High contrast between skin and clothing works better and same with background vs models in the scene.
You will need to...

Read more about this resource...

ok i'm a TOTAL newb to this stuff but where in the world are the RESHADE ini files at?
how do i even get to those settings in the screenshots?

looks really cool and maybe i'll setup another clean installation to test this on

ok i'm a TOTAL newb to this stuff but where in the world are the RESHADE ini files at?
how do i even get to those settings in the screenshots?

looks really cool and maybe i'll setup another clean installation to test this on
You need to install reshade itself first, my guide assumes that someone has had previous experience with reshade.
a good guide for reshade.
If you do install reshade, select the OpenGL version for VaM.

Thanks, i got it installed and was testing, your tutorial was very helpful.
I wouldn't have known to disable AA for Matcap to work BUT i have a weird issue with matcap mirroring the image upside down!
Using nvidia 1070

1617387636918.png

Last edited:
Just FYI i found out wht the issue was, in global preprocessor definiteions theres an option: reshade depth input upside down, i set it to 1 and it fixed it
1617393914301.png

necroing this post in hopes of help. enabling matcap_outlines [matcap.fx] makes everything go black, slider and checkbox have no effect

This usually happens if you have AA on in game, also the Posteffects plugin needs switched off too as that cancels out the Matcap.fx.
I don't have AA enabled in the settings menu. Other than postmagic3, which I not only disabled I completely removed it when the black effect wouldn't go away. Are there other plugins that might have been hiding in scene prereqs I might have dled?

Last edited:
I have a question... is it possible to render animation with Reshade this day ?
Still looking for answer but no response...

Ok so i revisited this on a new install and installed reshade 6 (the last time i was using reshade 5
For the life of me i CANNOT find Matcap.fx or BIAA.fx and google searches result in dead links

Is there anyone that could help out and maybe drop the files here or point me to a download?

Back
Top Bottom