Anime/Cell Effect

Plugins Anime/Cell Effect

" 1.Fixed Anime/Cell Effect not working or freezing vam issue for some user. "
Does this mean the plugin works with RTX graphic cards now? :D

Oh shit, is this not a drill?? Is the time finally here?!

Still crashing VAM for me. RTX 2060

edit: Can apply as of v2

Last edited:
It does load on 3090 on my side just fine, but dunno if my issues are rtx card related, or the early stage of the plugin alone but i'm having these:
1.) Always visible white - no colorable - hair scalps. Can't use alpha to hide them, cuz alpha slider... doesn't do a thing at all
Actually any clothing alpha textures doesn't work at all, which leads me to my 2nd issue...
2.) Can't use any 'clothing' eyes. It's just making them completely white once used with the plugin.
3.) It draws lines on model original eye reflection mesh, causing weird lines on the eyes
cellshade.png

Edit//
After talking with HS, my issues seems to be 'common' ones, and they're already known to him.
Now all we need to just wait till he will resolve them and bless us with a new version of the plugin -_-

Last edited:
After adding in this plugin to a person atom it worked like a charm. But, after I loaded a different saved scene (a scene i made before adding this var) the textures of those models were off. (Lips mostly). I checked and there was no trace of this plugin in that scene. So i tried a bunch of different scenes and in all of them the textures were altered slightly here and there and some textures were missing entirely. Error log showed nothing loaded incorrectly and this plugin was not in those scenes. I removed the var from my directory and all previously mentioned scenes loaded properly. I hope this post helps in perfecting this insanely awesome plugin

After adding in this plugin to a person atom it worked like a charm. But, after I loaded a different saved scene (a scene i made before adding this var) the textures of those models were off. (Lips mostly). I checked and there was no trace of this plugin in that scene. So i tried a bunch of different scenes and in all of them the textures were altered slightly here and there and some textures were missing entirely. Error log showed nothing loaded incorrectly and this plugin was not in those scenes. I removed the var from my directory and all previously mentioned scenes loaded properly. I hope this post helps in perfecting this insanely awesome plugin

A hard reset will also fix this issue. It's hard to say what causes this exactly, but I've experienced it a number of times. In general, even without switching scenes, tampering with/removing the plugin once you've loaded it in will make it difficult to recover the original versions of altered textures without a hard reset.

My recommendation is, if you like to save your looks as scenes (alongside saving them as "Appearance Presets"), then save non-CelShader-enabled scenes as well as CelShader-enabled ones for each look.

I finally got this plugin working but had this exact same problem specifically on a custom scene I had created. I switched to different scenes and it was fine, but when I returned to that custom scene the anime cell effect was still applied and I could not remove it.

I finally could try the new version and it works! I noticed the "problem" of the eye clothing creating issues, but I saw something that's weird, not sure if I'm the only one:

1658428632175.png

There's a "ghost" model in the T-pose with only the shadows. It doesn't seem to be affected by any of the sliders. Ping me if you think I can give any useful info :)

I also saw that the shadows seem to be "cut off" in some places (not all) by the Slate, for some reason.

1658428892388.png

I finally could try the new version and it works! I noticed the "problem" of the eye clothing creating issues, but I saw something that's weird, not sure if I'm the only one:

View attachment 141164

There's a "ghost" model in the T-pose with only the shadows. It doesn't seem to be affected by any of the sliders. Ping me if you think I can give any useful info :)

I also saw that the shadows seem to be "cut off" in some places (not all) by the Slate, for some reason.

View attachment 141165

What's especially unfortunate is that the shadow ghost was not in V1 (that I ever noticed), but has been a problem since V2 on my end.

Pretty disappointed to hear it's still in as of V3.

View attachment 141164

View attachment 141165
look like shadow is not correctly posing like mesh, will fix soon.

Was the shadow ghosting fixed on/prior to this last release?

HI i am not able to reproduce ghosting, can yu share scene where its showing.

This was a thing as of the V3 release, which you had previously acknowledged (including in DMs) and noted as the "shadow not posing correctly like mesh," then said you'd be able to fix "soon" (my screenshots are showing what it looks like on the free V2 release).

Obviously you can see the shadow changing as I alter the directional light. As far as I know, this was never present in the V1 release.

1660768121473.png

1660768365923.png
1660768403441.png
1660768429344.png

What I'm asking is if this is still in the V4 release. I wouldn't know because I wasn't planning on paying money again without being sure it was gone.

I'm not trying to sound ungrateful at all for your hard work, but at $20 a pop I intend to be thorough on these kinds of issues.

This was a thing as of the V3 release, which you had previously acknowledged (including in DMs) and noted as the "shadow not posing correctly like mesh," then said you'd be able to fix "soon" (my screenshots are showing what it looks like on the free V2 release).

Obviously you can see the shadow changing as I alter the directional light. As far as I know, this was never present in the V1 release.

View attachment 149014
View attachment 149015View attachment 149016View attachment 149017

What I'm asking is if this is still in the V4 release. I wouldn't know because I wasn't planning on paying money again without being sure it was gone.

I'm not trying to sound ungrateful at all for your hard work, but at $20 a pop I intend to be thorough on these kinds of issues.
its not fixed, i will try to fix it it if i can replicate this.

Thanks. On a much lighter, more positive note, I really like your work with the SubSurface Scattering plugin. One of the upsides of accidentally paying for CelShader V2 when it made no difference for me was I got a chance to download the current version of SSS at the time. Even without Tessellation working at the same time, it's still really nice on some bodies, and now Tessellation works at the same time which is awesome!

I'll be looking forward to getting those updates along with the fixed version of CelShader, whenever that drops.

...actually, no. I'm reflecting further on your current pricing model and what I've seen of late, and it does not sit well.

Truth be told, I think you're becoming rather exploitative of your customers, similar to zhfx and the way they manage their plugin pricing (though not quite as bad on the "licensing" they do). You have an absolutely pointless timed-release model that forces everyone into the $20 tier, which is really just too much to pay monthly for two plugin update cycles, no matter how good they are.

For better reference, you can see that the last time your $7 tier (the next down from $20) was allowed to acquire any new content, it was over a year ago. It would be more honest to just remove all tiers below $20 entirely if you're going to price gouge to this extreme.

1660850348973.png

I will be editing my review to reflect this disappointment, ineffective though that will likely be, and I ask that you please reflect on the severity of your current pricing/release model.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. On a much lighter, more positive note, I really like your work with the SubSurface Scattering plugin. One of the upsides of accidentally paying for CelShader V2 when it made no difference for me was I got a chance to download the current version of SSS at the time. Even without Tessellation working at the same time, it's still really nice on some bodies, and now Tessellation works at the same time which is awesome!

I'll be looking forward to getting those updates along with the fixed version of CelShader, whenever that drops.

...actually, no. I'm reflecting further on your current pricing model and what I've seen of late, and it does not sit well.

Truth be told, I think you're becoming rather exploitative of your customers, similar to zhfx and the way they manage their plugin pricing (though not quite as bad on the "licensing" they do). You have an absolutely pointless timed-release model that forces everyone into the $20 tier, which is really just too much to pay monthly for two plugin update cycles, no matter how good they are.

For better reference, you can see that the last time your $7 tier (the next down from $20) was allowed to acquire any new content, it was over a year ago. It would be more honest to just remove all tiers below $20 entirely if you're going to price gouge to this extreme.

View attachment 149326

I will be editing my review to reflect this disappointment, ineffective though that will likely be, and I ask that you please reflect on the severity of your current pricing/release model.
Hi, i send patron (lower tier patron)new content via message after some time( around 7th day if each month), if someone didn't get can message me and send them, i dont enable viewing permission in page. This is already explained in tier discrimination. Its not expensive for regular patron because they will recieve content after sometime but new patron can't expect same. Many patreon creator send contents and rewards via message and i am not doing anything new. Highest tier get everything instantly, they don't have to wait for message to get content.

I love the results with this, but when you do a close up, the edges are in the middle of the eyes. Any tips to fix this, or is it just like that and stays like that?

Attachments

• 1681575802.jpg
    1681575802.jpg
    601.3 KB · Views: 0
I've seen people mention this doesn't work for vr. I couldn't find anything official on your post or your patreon that confirms this. Please clarify. Sorry if I just missed it somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom