• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Anime/Cell Effect

Plugins Anime/Cell Effect 5

Hunting-Succubus

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Website
www.patreon.com
Patreon
HunTingSuccuBus
Hunting-Succubus submitted a new resource:

Anime/Cell Effect Beta - This Plugin add Anime/Cell Effect to Person's Skin. Currently in Beta State.

View attachment 92079
View attachment 92080
View attachment 92081
View attachment 92082
Rias by OniEkohvius.

This Plugin add Anime/Cell Effect to Person's Skin.

Currently in Beta State. Currently for Desktop Mode Only

I am Looking forward to make it more usable in future. Stay Tuned.

Instruction -
Add Plugin - AnimeCellEffect_Beta_HuntingSuccubus.cs to Person atom.
For Support -...

Read more about this resource...

First I cried out loud "FINALLY"!!!
Then I read: Desktop only!
Then I saw it is a "paid" plugin in the "free" section.
From happiness to dissapointment in less than a minute :(

cell shading is for sure a long awaited plugin for VAM. I wish you luck on seeing it through to full release. I would be great if available in VR mode but if not it's still an awesome plugin.

When I load the plugin VAM freezes and after ~5 minutes will crash to desktop. Has anyone else brought up this issue?

Hey Hunting Succubus I'm on a higher tier on Patreon but it shows it is locked for me! Is anyone else having this issue? Thanks.

EDIT: Ooops, now I have access, maybe it wasn't enabled for higher tiers, I am unsure, but I changed tiers just to check and it lets me download with the lower tier

Any plans for fixing it to work with RTX cards?
Don't get me wrong, i'm glad someone trying to make VaM more cartoon friendly, but the plugin doesn't work for like a half of the community atm -_-

It doesn't work for RTX cards? Sounds like something that should be mentioned in the post. I was looking forward to using this but it seems that's not gonna happen.

By the way it's "cel" not "cell". ;)(y)

1649538488183.png

Relatively happy with this shot. Some issues with the dress and maybe I could have staged the scene better. Whatevs tho, have some snowy Weiss (snowy "snow?"), now in ANIME...sorta'.

That said, this is a good example of how the plug-in does not work with alpha settings on clothes, as the snowflake-lace edges of her dress have been turned into blackness.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I load the plugin VAM freezes and after ~5 minutes will crash to desktop. Has anyone else brought up this issue?
I'm having the same issue. Someone here said that the plugin doesn't work with RTX cards which is very frustrating, especially since this isn't mentioned anywhere else in the post.

I hope you're still attempting fixes/improvements on this plugin. I honestly love it even as is, but it feels lonely being one of the only ones ever showcasing scenes using it.

Hopefully you can succeed in opening it up to RTX cards and other users currently having issues (as well as fix some of the other minor issues)!

Awfully thick-headed question, but how do I select the person's atom? I've tried finding it in the basic selection list, but all I've really discovered is adding this plugin to the person's main plugin list just stretches the model to some triangular, polygonal nightmare.
Edit: Maybe I'm just one of the people having issues with this in general - other effects including adding it and having VAM freeze solid or the screen turning black all over. Bit of a bummer, truth be told.

Last edited:
Awfully thick-headed question, but how do I select the person's atom? I've tried finding it in the basic selection list, but all I've really discovered is adding this plugin to the person's main plugin list just stretches the model to some triangular, polygonal nightmare.
Edit: Maybe I'm just one of the people having issues with this in general - other effects including adding it and having VAM freeze solid or the screen turning black all over. Bit of a bummer, truth be told.

Yeah, it sounds like. The "Person Atom" is just the main control hub for each model. It can be labeled as the character's name but most leave it labeled "Person." So it does indeed sound like you put it in the obvious/correct place, and it just doesn't work for you. :(

It is a real bummer...almost makes me want to stop using it for public screenshots. Doesn't feel very fair (even if the cost is me being behind most people in overall performance).

Yeah, it sounds like. The "Person Atom" is just the main control hub for each model. It can be labeled as the character's name but most leave it labeled "Person." So it does indeed sound like you put it in the obvious/correct place, and it just doesn't work for you. :(

It is a real bummer...almost makes me want to stop using it for public screenshots. Doesn't feel very fair (even if the cost is me being behind most people in overall performance).
Hey, if it works for you, more power to you, I'd say. I'm not 100% sure of what kind of graphics card I have (other half put it all together for me) but I know it's "moderately fancy" so it may well be that it's an issue others are having with rtx hardware.

Anyone has this weird result when using this?

1655043936820.png

Update: After restarting VaM, I get a black screen :| I guess it might be related to my card, I have a RTX 2070 SUPER.

Last edited:
Anyone has this weird result when using this?

View attachment 129954

Update: After restarting VaM, I get a black screen :| I guess it might be related to my card, I have a RTX 2070 SUPER.
Both for me - generally I've seen the model warp into your stretched, polygonal mass like you've posted here, or a black screen - which I assume is the same thing, but with the camera unable to take in the scope of the entire form.

Hunting-Succubus updated Anime/Cell Effect with a new update entry:

[Early Access Release] Anime/Cell Effect v2 Update

[Early Access Release] Anime/Cell Effect v2 Update

Updates-

Fixed Anime/Cell Effect not working or freezing vam issue for some user.

2.Fixed following errors

• !> Error during attempt to load assetbundle
  • !> main.Failed to load shader
Next Updates-

Opacity & Decal Support.
[Early Access Release] Anime/Cell Effect v2 Update | HuntTingSuccuBus on Patreon

Read the rest of this update entry...

Back
Top Bottom