Answered Can i turn off parent Atom temporarly?

Ghostwalden

Reactions
For example the red cube is the leader (Parent Atom) and i have connected the blue ones to the red one,
with Select Parent Atom From Scene.
1711885345625.png

When i now move the red one, the blue ones move along with the red one.
1711885276049.png

I now want to move the red one, but dont want the blue ones to follow.
Is there a way to do that, without removing Parent Atom at the blue ones?

Because i just want to move the red one temporarly, but let the blue ones connected to it.

You can trigger the atom stages with ... triggers :)
Like turn on/off this and that. i don't know right now what exact stages that were, but it's possible with a collision trigger for example.

Upvote 0
You can trigger the atom stages with ... triggers :)
Like turn on/off this and that. i don't know right now what exact stages that were, but it's possible with a collision trigger for example.
Hi HolySchmidt: Thanks for your reply.

That would mean, i have to first create a trigger and add actions to it?

That sounds to complicated for my purpose, because i just need this for the workflow and no for using it in a scene.

I just would like to turn the parent mode off, so that i can move the parent atom, without moving the objects connected to it
and than turn the parent mode on again, so that i can move the connected Objects along with the parent atom again.

Upvote 0
The parent atom takes the children on some or all atoms.
If you don't want this behaviour but you want on ocasion to have the Leader take the blue ones along, and other times not, you should unparent the Leader and instead set the blue ones to parent linking the Leader.

Upvote 0
The parent atom takes the children on some or all atoms.
If you don't want this behaviour but you want on ocasion to have the Leader take the blue ones along, and other times not, you should unparent the Leader and instead set the blue ones to parent linking the Leader.
Hi atani, thanks for your reply.

I do not understand.
I have set the red one as parent for the blue ones, so they follow the red one.
If i do it the other way round set one of the blue ones as parent for the red one,
the red one moves then along when the blue one is moved.
But i guess i missunderstood here something.

Upvote 0
DWl701UnnB_aHlQ6MHSgotJoATJtuQf_OW24szMTKSkxiUtJyScLdAB38tVeoqJzT66azSCryEX2rBG1ISUi-_GjAc8h16_ayVlJvaWZZZGCaRBD7AecOZh8uDPAvA3u1LfmYogJ
You're using "Parent Atom", in which the Leader is the parent and the blues the children. and what I'm saying is to do "Link to atom" instead.
When you have the blues with "Leader" > "control", then you set them as Parent Link (checkboxes). Nothing is needed for the Leader atom.

This way when you move the Leader, the PL blue ones will also move, and when you don't want them moving you just change PL to ON. I believee that is what you want?

Upvote 0
DWl701UnnB_aHlQ6MHSgotJoATJtuQf_OW24szMTKSkxiUtJyScLdAB38tVeoqJzT66azSCryEX2rBG1ISUi-_GjAc8h16_ayVlJvaWZZZGCaRBD7AecOZh8uDPAvA3u1LfmYogJ
You're using "Parent Atom", in which the Leader is the parent and the blues the children. and what I'm saying is to do "Link to atom" instead.
When you have the blues with "Leader" > "control", then you set them as Parent Link (checkboxes). Nothing is needed for the Leader atom.

This way when you move the Leader, the PL blue ones will also move, and when you don't want them moving you just change PL to ON. I believee that is what you want?
Ok, now for the blue cubes i choosed in Linkt To Atom the Leader and in Link To i choosed control.
Then i set them as Parent Link in the Checkboxes for Position and Rotation.

Now they do follow the red one, when i move the red one.

When i turn the checkboxes in the blue cubes to On for Position and Rotation, they still follow the red one.
Only when i tick them as Off, they dont follow anymore.

But that would mean, i have to do this for every blue cube everytime when i want to change between make them follow
and make them not follow.

Upvote 0
With ON, and not having also the parent set as the Leader, they shouldn't move, only when PL is used. Odd...

Well, it all depends on what you want to do. If you want to change PL on the blues often it makes more sense to do that through triggers, much better to scale and repeat.

Upvote 0
Ah ok, parent atom was still on, thats why they still followed the red one, even when On checkboxes were activated.
Now they dont, anymore.

The thing is, i want to use this function to move my two or three characters at the same time.
I for myself use the subscene element as the parent. With this element i move the characters together.

Usualy i place the subscene element at the bottom in the center of the characters.

When i then work with Position or Animation presets, it may be, that the characters then jump to another place in the scene when i load the preset.
Now i have to move the Parent Atom to where the characters are now.
But understandably i cant move the Parent Atom back to the characters as long as they move along with it.
I just need it for this purpose, when i have moved the parent atom back to the characters, i want to enable the parent mode again,
so that they again move along with the parent atom.

Upvote 0
You could also place two UIButton with the trigger "position state" and "rotation state" in the control category.
You would need 4 triggers, 2 for each button. 2 would trigger position and rotation to "on" for example and 2 would activate "parent link".
You know what I mean?

So you have one button activating position & rotation to "ON" and one button to activate both to "PARENT LINK".
Thats the easiest way I think. Is that what you need?

1.png

Upvote 0
Hi HolySchmidt.

Yes, i know what you mean. But i guess this is too complicated for the purpose i want to use it for.
I think i will put another atom in between the parent and the childs.
Means i have a Subscene Atom that is the Main Parent
Add a second subscene atom that is the parent of the characters.
And the main Parent is then the parent for the second parent.
So i just have to remove the linked parent atom in the secont parent atom,
to move the main parent atom alone.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom