• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!
BrowserAssist

Paid Plugins BrowserAssist

Love this plugin, its great for moving around. I would like to request the addition on my saved stuff to be added.
Appearances, Scenes, Clothing, etc
Glad you are enjoying the plugin. I'm not quite sure what you mean by "request the addition on my saved stuff to be added"? Do you mean you want to be able to save presets from BrowserAssist? If so, that is on the backlog of items to look at already.

Excuse me, is there a way to browse specific folders, if we have sub folder in AddonPackages, like for example :

AddonPackages / Scenes / X or Y author
or
AddonPackages / Looks / X or Y author

And see on the browser only var in this specific folder?

I tried different settings but didn't managed to do it.

Glad you are enjoying the plugin. I'm not quite sure what you mean by "request the addition on my saved stuff to be added"? Do you mean you want to be able to save presets from BrowserAssist? If so, that is on the backlog of items to look at already.
No, I would like to be able to see the presets I have personally saved. You know like if I make a custom appearance.
This doesnt show in the plugin for me to use.

Excuse me, is there a way to browse specific folders, if we have sub folder in AddonPackages, like for example :

AddonPackages / Scenes / X or Y author
or
AddonPackages / Looks / X or Y author

And see on the browser only var in this specific folder?

I tried different settings but didn't managed to do it.
No there is no way of doing that currently. The closest currently is to use Tags instead - but obviously that requires more work for the user. I could possibly add a feature that auto tagged resources depending on the Addonpackages folder that the containing VAR was in. For examples you could have an auto tag 'Looks' that was applied to any resources in VARs withing the 'AddonPackages \Looks' folder. Do you think that would work?

No, I would like to be able to see the presets I have personally saved. You know like if I make a custom appearance.
This doesnt show in the plugin for me to use.
you just need to set the Creator filter to 'Local Folders':
1673687059973.png

I could possibly add a feature that auto tagged resources depending on the Addonpackages folder that the containing VAR was in. For examples you could have an auto tag 'Looks' that was applied to any resources in VARs withing the 'AddonPackages \Looks' folder. Do you think that would work? ?
Oh yes that would work, and make things even better, I find the tag system way more convenient to use than a simple folder structure.

It could even permit to mix different folders like :

AddonPackages \Looks \Author X : get tags : "Looks" and "Author X"

AddonPackages \Looks \Author Y : get tags : "Looks" and "Author Y"

So yes, the tag system is better

I was going to check if there was a way to create folder's tags by hand and try to batch create them, but it would be a pain to keep this updated every time there a modification on these folders, if auto tag on launch would be possible it would definitely be a dream.

Oh yes that would work, and make things even better, I find the tag system way more convenient to use than a simple folder structure.

It could even permit to mix different folders like :

AddonPackages \Looks \Author X : get tags : "Looks" and "Author X"

AddonPackages \Looks \Author Y : get tags : "Looks" and "Author Y"

So yes, the tag system is better

I was going to check if there was a way to create folder's tags by hand and try to batch create them, but it would be a pain to keep this updated every time there a modification on these folders, if auto tag on launch would be possible it would definitely be a dream.
OK, I'll add it to the list of feature requests - but it wont be available anytime soon.

Hi, amazing plugin, just like UI Assist.
I couldnt find a setting to get an offset from screen border (either bottom or top) I tempered a bit with the anchor values, but the scroll bar and browser view is a bit bugged

//this works
if (anchorPreset == vStretchMiddle) anchorMin = new Vector2(0.5f, 0.15f);
if (anchorPreset == vStretchRight) anchorMin = new Vector2(1f, 0.15f);
if (anchorPreset == vStretchLeft) anchorMin = new Vector2(0f, 0.15f);

Tried adding offset but didn't get it working more than attached screenshot. Mostly only the scroll bar and the height of the browser is a bit messed up. If you could direct me it would be great. Thx
Code:
      private int screenHeight { get { if (isVREnabled) return 600;
                else return Screen.height - TRIED_OFFSET; } }

private int resourceBrowserBottomOffset { get
            {
                return TRIED_OFFSET + edgeSpacerSize + infoTextBoxHeight + resourceActionBoxHeight + resourceSelectionsUI.resourceSelectionBoxHeight + (boxSpacerHeight * 3);
            }
        }
        private int resourceBrowserTopOffset
        {
            get
            {
                return 2 + edgeSpacerSize + filterBoxHeight + boxSpacerHeight;
            }
        }

Here is a screen, black area is the offset of my center screen (this is why I needed offset at first)

PS : I see we can mostly load presets. No intent on allowing cloth / morphs and our own non-vars presets ? I guess it can be done with UIAssist so, not sure its necessary

Attachments

• 1673996260538.png
    1673996260538.png
    994.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Hi, amazing plugin, just like UI Assist.
I couldnt find a setting to get an offset from screen border (either bottom or top) I tempered a bit with the anchor values, but the scroll bar and browser view is a bit bugged

//this works
if (anchorPreset == vStretchMiddle) anchorMin = new Vector2(0.5f, 0.15f);
if (anchorPreset == vStretchRight) anchorMin = new Vector2(1f, 0.15f);
if (anchorPreset == vStretchLeft) anchorMin = new Vector2(0f, 0.15f);

Tried adding offset but didn't get it working more than attached screenshot. Mostly only the scroll bar and the height of the browser is a bit messed up. If you could direct me it would be great. Thx
Code:
      private int screenHeight { get { if (isVREnabled) return 600;
                else return Screen.height - TRIED_OFFSET; } }

private int resourceBrowserBottomOffset { get
            {
                return TRIED_OFFSET + edgeSpacerSize + infoTextBoxHeight + resourceActionBoxHeight + resourceSelectionsUI.resourceSelectionBoxHeight + (boxSpacerHeight * 3);
            }
        }
        private int resourceBrowserTopOffset
        {
            get
            {
                return 2 + edgeSpacerSize + filterBoxHeight + boxSpacerHeight;
            }
        }

Here is a screen, black area is the offset of my center screen (this is why I needed offset at first)

PS : I see we can mostly load presets. No intent on allowing cloth / morphs and our own non-vars presets ? I guess it can be done with UIAssist so, not sure its necessary
Sorry, I’m not going to be able to provide support for making code modifications to my plugins.
Supporting other resource types is in future plans.

Sorry, I’m not going to be able to provide support for making code modifications to my plugins.
Supporting other resource types is in future plans.
Nevermind, I found a workaround though, keep up the good work.

This plugin is so great that can't without it. Then a suggestion: Would you consider providing the option to move the vars to a specified folder or to the windows recycle bin when delete, to provide a chance to back out?

This plugin is so great that can't without it. Then a suggestion: Would you consider providing the option to move the vars to a specified folder or to the windows recycle bin when delete, to provide a chance to back out?
Moving to recycle bin is not an option (due to security constraints imposed by Meshed). Moving to a folder inside Custom\PluginData is possible and its on my list of things to consider in the future.

JayJayWon updated BrowserAssist with a new update entry:

BrowserAssist v1.11 Update

• Option (in plugin setting) for Tag data (and other meta data) of Packaged resources to be maintained even when the containing VAR is missing. This is intended to support VARManager plugins which remove VARs temporarily and then re-instate them later. Manual deletion of VARs using the BrowserAssist delete function will purge meta data, even if this setting is enabled.
  • BrowserAssist now reads the created and modified dates of files directly which give a mores accurate sorting of...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I choosed order by new date. But It's not actually order by date esc.
Could you provide some more details. What exactly is not sorting in the correct order? i.e. what type of files? Are they in VARs? What order do you think they should be sorted in and why?

I don't know if it was already reported and if it's only on my side or not
But I can t use caps and some symbol like "+" when entering a new tag, I tried the integrated keyboard in VAM, steam keyboard, physical keyboard and even CTRL+V but didn't managed to do it.
Not a big deal it's just a feedback more than anything, maybe because I use a keyboard on AZERTY while VAM has QWERTY ?

I don't know if it was already reported and if it's only on my side or not
But I can t use caps and some symbol like "+" when entering a new tag, I tried the integrated keyboard in VAM, steam keyboard, physical keyboard and even CTRL+V but didn't managed to do it.
Not a big deal it's just a feedback more than anything, maybe because I use a keyboard on AZERTY while VAM has QWERTY ?
I deliberately restricted tags to be lower case (which is consistent with VAM clothing and hair tags) and only be standard alphabetical characters and numbers - mainly for simplicity. I could potentially add symbols, but it starts getting complicated and potentially introducing issues with lots of different keyboards and geographies etc.

I deliberately restricted tags to be lower case (which is consistent with VAM clothing and hair tags) and only be standard alphabetical characters and numbers - mainly for simplicity. I could potentially add symbols, but it starts getting complicated and potentially introducing issues with lots of different keyboards and geographies etc.
I see, it totally make sens
And no need to modify it, it's working very well like that, I was just leaving it here in case it was something not intended.

BrowserAssist v1.11.2 Update

Additional bug fixes with the 1.11 release:
  • Fixed an issue with Rescans not working for Local folders
  • Fixed a performance issue that was manifesting in some circumstances (possibly related to the number of Resource thumbnails)
  • Fixed an issue with Preset files that not pre-fixed with 'Preset_' from causing an error on startup
  • Fixed the position of the BA launch icon conflicting with the VAM UI on the initial Top menu
Also added the ability to adjust Desktop Scale...

BrowserAssist v1.12 Update

• Introduced additional Preset Resource Types for all non-Person Atoms e.g. CUAs, Lights, Empty, AnimationPatterns etc.
  • Each Resource Type can now be optionally concealed - allowing the removal of any resource types that are not used from the Resource Type dropdowns.
  • Minor improvement to the scrolling of the tags window - it no longer resets every time a resource is selected.

Back
Top Bottom