• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!
BrowserAssist

Paid Plugins BrowserAssist

Can't get the Symbolic Link setup. I run the 'CreateBASymLinks.bat' file as administrator, press 'Y', and Command Prompt closes, no links are created and I still can't favorite or rename in VAM. Any alternative methods to get this running?
Do you get any error messages? Do you have anything created under the folder VAM\Saves\PluginData\JayJayWon\BrowserAssist\SymLinks?

Do you get any error messages? Do you have anything created under the folder VAM\Saves\PluginData\JayJayWon\BrowserAssist\SymLinks?
Thanks for your reply. No visible error message appear, and the folder is empty. My VAM installation is buried deep inside a secondary drive; some plugins have a problem with the long directory path. Would this be a possible explanation?

Thanks for your reply. No visible error message appear, and the folder is empty. My VAM installation is buried deep inside a secondary drive; some plugins have a problem with the long directory path. Would this be a possible explanation?
I’m guessing that you ran the bat file from windows explorer and the cmd window is closing before you can read any error messages. Can you open a cmd window in that folder and then run the bat file manually from there? If you don’t know how to do that then let me know.

I’m guessing that you ran the bat file from windows explorer and the cmd window is closing before you can read any error messages. Can you open a cmd window in that folder and then run the bat file manually from there? If you don’t know how to do that then let me know.
Finally got a step further. Here's the error I'm getting:
"A subdirectory or file SymLinks already exists.
A subdirectory or file ..\..\..\..\AddonPackagesFilePrefs already exists.
Local NTFS volumes are required to complete the operation."
My drive is formatted to exFAT.

Finally got a step further. Here's the error I'm getting:
"A subdirectory or file SymLinks already exists.
A subdirectory or file ..\..\..\..\AddonPackagesFilePrefs already exists.
Local NTFS volumes are required to complete the operation."
My drive is formatted to exFAT.
Ok that's interesting to know. I didnt appreciate that Symbolic Links required NTFS. Having researched it a bit, its clear that exFAT does not support symbolic links. Unfortunately this workaround for the VAM security requires symbolic links. So fundamentally you'll have to find a way to run VAM on NTFS or live without these features. I'll also make a note on the main plugin page.

Ok that's interesting to know. I didnt appreciate that Symbolic Links required NTFS. Having researched it a bit, its clear that exFAT does not support symbolic links. Unfortunately this workaround for the VAM security requires symbolic links. So fundamentally you'll have to find a way to run VAM on NTFS or live without these features. I'll also make a note on the main plugin page.
That's good to know, and I'm sure others will find this information useful. I'm planning on moving my installation to a new drive soon anyway. Thank you for helping me troubleshoot, BA is a top plugin and your work is appreciated!

Any idea why this drops my FPS by roughly 35-45% on a 13900k and 4090? Simply adding it as a session plugin causes the FPS drop (using the in-game performance averages). Removing it restores the FPS.

EDIT: I deleted the entire PluginData folder and it fixed it. Went from 78FPS to 147FPS on desktop and now VR maintains a solid 90FPS in that scene. Set up all my settings for it again, redid SymLinks, FPS is still good. Strange....

So I guess I'll make a request instead. In the Preset Appearance tab can we get an option so Target Atom always defaults to the first person? I keep accidentally adding new Persons to my scenes instead of replacing them.

Last edited:
Any idea why this drops my FPS by roughly 35-45% on a 13900k and 4090? Simply adding it as a session plugin causes the FPS drop (using the in-game performance averages). Removing it restores the FPS.

EDIT: I deleted the entire PluginData folder and it fixed it. Went from 78FPS to 147FPS on desktop and now VR maintains a solid 90FPS in that scene. Set up all my settings for it again, redid SymLinks, FPS is still good. Strange....

So I guess I'll make a request instead. In the Preset Appearance tab can we get an option so Target Atom always defaults to the first person? I keep accidentally adding new Persons to my scenes instead of replacing them.
Glad you've resolved it. If it happens again, let me know and I'll try and diagnose the problem. I wouldnt expect a frame rate drop unless something was breaking in which case I would expect to see some error messages in the red error log window.

As far as I'm aware, the target atom will default to a person. Additionally, if you tag your appearance presets with a gender tag - then the target should default to a person of that gender. I just tested it in a range of scenarios like adding a new person into an empty scene and loading a new scene and seems to work fine for me. Perhaps there is some specific workflow you have which is different and I havent catered for or tested.

how to do i make to show from new to old ?
So you have to use 'Catalogued date' option under Order By filter. Unfortunately its not an exact match to the date order that VAM browser uses. This is because meshed has blocked out file access and plugins cant access the created or modified dates of files. I use various workarounds to make an estimation of the date. For local files (ie. non packaged ones) this is based on when BA first scans each resource file. For packaged resource it uses a combination of a cached date that VAM holds and when BA first scans the package. This date proxy might be less effective for older files but should work for new files if you continue to run BrowserAssist every time you use VAM.

JayJayWon updated BrowserAssist with a new update entry:

Brower Assist v1.7 Update

New Features:
  • Additional Order/Sort by filter options. Sort by New or Update dates and reverse date order. Note that (due to VAM security constraint) for local (non VAR packaged resources) the New and Updated dates are always the same. For packaged resources, an Updated date is the date that a new version of a VAR package was detected by BA.
  • Last Resource Page navigation button added
  • Separate 'Number of Resources per page' settings for VR & Desktop modes
  • Usability...

Read the rest of this update entry...

BrowserAssist v1.8 Update

New Features:
  • Existing tags can now be renamed and deleted from the Plugin UI
  • Tags can be configured as 'Hide' tags - any resources marked with that tag will be treated as if they are hidden.
  • New Comb-tags feature. Combi-Tags apply themselves to resources based on a combination of other tags, allowing automatic tagging of resources based on user specified criteria. Combi-tags can also reference other combi-tags allowing nested logic criteria to be specified.
  • Extensive help...

BrowserAssist v1.9 Update

New Features:
  • PATREONS ONLY: Filtering by multiple tag combinations can now be applied on the main resource Browser.
  • Creators filter now sorts the list of creators by the quantity of resources so the most prolific creators are listed first. An option in the Plugin Settings UI allows switching back to alphabetical order. Some performance improvements to this drop down were also implemented...

i can't find browserassist in other button act i want set
QQ截图20230102032256.png
key shortcut to random open cloth preset~

i can't find browserassist in other button act i want set View attachment 194183key shortcut to random open cloth preset~
No you can not do that currently. There are various issues that make it difficult to implement. Notably, there is a VAM limitation that means you can not access any Session plugins from the VAM Trigger action menu.
You might find this plugin can provide what you need:

@JayJayWon can you make a plugin , that can display mouse in VR? mouse is easyer to choose taget and click, i play HoneySelect2VR use mouse very convenient ,mouse is much accurate 、fast、 Stable without shaking than handle
无标题4f342.png

i want use mouse in VR to make people 、to make scene …… :D

@JayJayWon can you make a plugin , that can display mouse in VR? mouse is easyer to choose taget and click, i play HoneySelect2VR use mouse very convenient ,mouse is much accurate 、fast、 Stable without shaking than handle
View attachment 194501

i want use mouse in VR to make people 、to make scene …… :D
Sorry, I've no idea how to do that and not enough time to look into it.

BrowserAssist v1.10 Update

• Option to bulk delete multiple resources. This feature needs to be enabled in the plugin UI first. When enabled, an additional 'Delete All' button will become available on the Action tab when multiple resources are selected. Requires the SymLinks bat file to be run (see warnings and instructions on VAMHub pages).
  • Includes functionality to provide an integration with UIAssist (and potentially other plugins in the future).

Love this plugin, its great for moving around. I would like to request the addition on my saved stuff to be added.
Appearances, Scenes, Clothing, etc

Back
Top Bottom