BrowserAssist

Paid Plugins BrowserAssist

@JayJayWon, Do you think it would be possible to create a kind of 'folders tags" by editing these files by hand?

My goal would be to get BrowserAssist to only show actual scene in the "Scene Resource Type" and get rid of the incredible number of no scene var, like looks or other dependencies that unnecessary bloat the result, (my Scene folder has like 80 var in it but it's showing +4000 scenes in BA)

UIA.jpg

@JayJayWon, Do you think it would be possible to create a kind of 'folders tags" by editing these files by hand?

My goal would be to get BrowserAssist to only show actual scene in the "Scene Resource Type" and get rid of the incredible number of no scene var, like looks or other dependencies that unnecessary bloat the result, (my Scene folder has like 80 var in it but it's showing +4000 scenes in BA)

View attachment 228684
All 4734 of those resources are scenes. How would BA determine the difference between a scene in a "pure" Scene VAR as opposed to a Scene that was distributed as part of a Look or Asset. I dont understand how your 'folder tags' would help.

I think this is a fundamental issue that I raised with Meshed when VARs were first released. See here: https://hub.virtamate.com/threads/look-distribution-in-vars.841/

All 4734 of those resources are scenes. How would BA determine the difference between a scene in a "pure" Scene VAR as opposed to a Scene that was distributed as part of a Look or Asset. I dont understand how your 'folder tags' would help.

I think this is a fundamental issue that I raised with Meshed when VARs were first released. See here: https://hub.virtamate.com/threads/look-distribution-in-vars.841/
Damn you spotted this already 3 years ago.. I feel like I'm a bit late to the party
Like you mentioned in the link, VAM and BA think they are "scene" but they are not, at least not on the HUB where looks, scene, assets, etc have their own category.
I see you also use a subfolder structure, that what I meant by folder tag, a way to tag files in a specific subfolder (the best would be able to browse directly on folder structure, but I don't think this is possible).

I was wondering if it would eventually be possible to manually create a "Scene" tag for all var located in "Virt-A-Mate \ AddonPackages \ Scenes"

In one of these files:
  • VAM\Saves\PluginData\JayJayWon\BrowserAssist\LocalResourcesUserData
  • VAM\Saves\PluginData\JayJayWon\BrowserAssist\VARGroupCoreData
  • VAM\Saves\PluginData\JayJayWon\BrowserAssist\VARGroupUserData
  • VAM\Saves\PluginData\JayJayWon\BrowserAssist\VARResourcesCoreData
  • VAM\Saves\PluginData\JayJayWon\BrowserAssist\VARResourcesUserData

Damn you spotted this already 3 years ago.. I feel like I'm a bit late to the party
Like you mentioned in the link, VAM and BA think they are "scene" but they are not, at least not on the HUB where looks, scene, assets, etc have their own category.
I see you also use a subfolder structure, that what I meant by folder tag, a way to tag files in a specific subfolder (the best would be able to browse directly on folder structure, but I don't think this is possible).

I was wondering if it would eventually be possible to manually create a "Scene" tag for all var located in "Virt-A-Mate \ AddonPackages \ Scenes"

In one of these files:
  • VAM\Saves\PluginData\JayJayWon\BrowserAssist\LocalResourcesUserData
  • VAM\Saves\PluginData\JayJayWon\BrowserAssist\VARGroupCoreData
  • VAM\Saves\PluginData\JayJayWon\BrowserAssist\VARGroupUserData
  • VAM\Saves\PluginData\JayJayWon\BrowserAssist\VARResourcesCoreData
  • VAM\Saves\PluginData\JayJayWon\BrowserAssist\VARResourcesUserData
Yes, I plan to implement something along those lines. It will allow you to automatically tag resources based on the AddonPackages sub folder that the containing VAR is locate in.

Actually, I think we've already had this conversation: https://hub.virtamate.com/threads/browserassist.22518/page-3#post-88735

JayJayWon updated BrowserAssist with a new update entry:

BrowserAssist v1.13.0 Update

New Features:
  • Introduced support for SubScenes as a new resource type.
  • Added the ability to set Tags as 'Preferred Tags' in the PluginUI settings. Preferred tags will be listed at the top of the Tags filter drop downs.
  • Usability improvements to the Tags tab for resources. Includes the ability to expand the tag window area to show more tags without scrolling.
Bug fix:
  • Fixed issue with Desktop Scaling not persisting between BrowserAssist restarts
  • Fixed...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Yes, I plan to implement something along those lines. It will allow you to automatically tag resources based on the AddonPackages sub folder that the containing VAR is locate in.

Actually, I think we've already had this conversation: https://hub.virtamate.com/threads/browserassist.22518/page-3#post-88735
Yes true, but I was not sure you was really considering this, so I though the files you linked would be a good way to find a work around (even if it was just in the meantime)
I'm really loosing my hairs with these scenes, I literately spend more time browsing than actually play any of them..
But since you confirm it's really in the pipeline, I think it's better to wait for a real implementation.
Sorry for bothering you with that.

Yes true, but I was not sure you was really considering this, so I though the files you linked would be a good way to find a work around (even if it was just in the meantime)
I'm really loosing my hairs with these scenes, I literately spend more time browsing than actually play any of them..
But since you confirm it's really in the pipeline, I think it's better to wait for a real implementation.
Sorry for bothering you with that.
No worries. Sorry it takes time to get these things done. There's so many things I want to implement but I've only so much time!

No thats not intentional. See here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/backup-your-tags-80656760
What version of BA are you using? Did you get any error messages?
Was it Tags on local resources or on VAR packaged resources?

I'm on version 27. I did not notice any error messages. I think it was on both types of resources, but I'm not entirely sure on that aspect.

Oh, and one extra piece of potentially relevant information is that I think I had at least one of the userData files open in a text file viewer at the time.

I'm on version 27. I did not notice any error messages. I think it was on both types of resources, but I'm not entirely sure on that aspect.

Oh, and one extra piece of potentially relevant information is that I think I had at least one of the userData files open in a text file viewer at the time.
Can you contact me on Discord? Would be great if you could share those userData files with me to have a look at.

Think I've finally fixed this problem now! Please try v1.13.1 here https://www.patreon.com/posts/browserassist-v1-81047017

Hi JayJayWon, I have the free hub version of BA and curious if the paid version has the ability to search plugins and assets?

Hi JayJayWon, I have the free hub version of BA and curious if the paid version has the ability to search plugins and assets?
Just to repeat my response on Discord:

The patreon version allows you to search, filter and load plugins (as well as plugin presets). Patreon version also supports CustomUnityAsset atom presets - which are a proxy for assets. Support for assets directly will come in a future version.
It’s all detailed on the hub page here https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/browserassist-free.20134/

BrowserAssist v1.14 Update

This version provides a number of features related to the 'Real Clothing' toggle that was introduced in VAM 1.21 recently. In this lastest version of VAM, every clothing item now has a toggle (on the standard VAM clothing Adjustments page) to indicate if the clothing item is "Real". By default every clothing item is set to be "Real". The intention of the toggle is to differentiate clothing items that are not real such as Hunting-Succubus' Eye Shading clothing items. These items...

Hi JayJay. Where is stored my favorit scenes content, if I want to copy them into a new installed game and browserAssist?

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I did not get thru all the forum pages, but is it possible to delete content with this plugin? I would like to buy it not to only classify my files, but also want to be able to delete unwanted stuff.

Supported?

Thanks

Hi guys,

I did not get thru all the forum pages, but is it possible to delete content with this plugin? I would like to buy it not to only classify my files, but also want to be able to delete unwanted stuff.

Supported?

Thanks
Yes, but you have to enable that by following the installation instructions around setting up SymLinks. You can try it out on the free version of the plugin first if you are not sure.

BrowserAssist v1.15 Update

This version provides an alternative browser to the Clothing items browser in VAM. It allows browsing of hundreds of clothing items on a single page (compared to the 10 items per page in VAM). Tagging can be applied to multiple clothing items simultaneously. Supports the Favourite flag (not available in VAM browser).

Note that Clothing Tags are synced between VAM and BrowserAssist, but there are some limitations. Tag changes in VAM can be synced be using the Refresh button in BrowserAssist...

Back
Top Bottom