BrowserAssist

Paid Plugins BrowserAssist

I hope to increase the ability to call buttons, such as clicking a button in a scene with the mouse can trigger the opening of the plugin interface and accurately set which specific interface to open. Currently, only shortcut keys can be used, which is inconvenient ;)

JayJayWon updated BrowserAssist with a new update entry:

BrowserAssist v.19.0

New Features:
  • New Backups feature to quickly backup and restore BA meta data such as Tags
  • New Reset feature to reset BrowserAssist
  • Added Remove All Clothing button on the Clothing Presets action tab
  • Added Load Defaults button to the Clothing Items action tab
  • Added features to create a default Appearance Preset name when saving based on source scene Atom name or the current preset name
  • Added support for Tag names to include other non alpha numeric characters (except a...

Read the rest of this update entry...

• When choosing clothing item presets from BrowserAssist UI, how can I go back to default (no preset selected) look for the current clothing item? I couldn't find an obvious way to do this without using the clunky built in Vam clothing UI, which I am really trying to avoid altogether now lol
This is implemented in v1.19.0

Hi @JayJayWon. Thanks very much for taking the time to respond.

One other thing that I noticed whilst using BrowserAssist, currently when searching for or adding new tags in the BorwserAssist UI, it only allows alpha characters to be entered into the tags field.

VaM itself allows tags (or indeed scene names or any other named entity) to contain characters like dots, hyphens, numbers etc.

Many of my existing tags follow a dot notation format e.g `a.b.c`. A more VaM spercific example would be like `my.clothes.dresses' or 'my.clothes.skirts' etc. I do this to better organize and categorize things (not to mention, it makes seeing tags in a list much easier to follow).

So now I have the issue of managing these in BrowserAssist becomes impossible, I can't search for them, and I can't add new ones following the dot notation format. I have to drop back to the default VaM clothing UI to edit/add new tags, before opening again the BrowserAssist UI to use/filter by them.

Is there any chance you could allow dot notation (maybe even numbers and hyphens) in your tags field? It would really help with this situation and I don't think those characters specifically should cause any potential problems with tags (as like I said VaM already supports it).
These improvement are implemented in v1.19

@JayJayWon Just got around to downloading v1.19 to test the new features, I simply loaded up the default scene and then navigate to session plugins > BrowserAssist, choose the new updated version of the var and then re-saved session defaults. Now when I load a scene I get some errors in the VaM error log, and the BrowserAssist window appears very strangely mirrored and upsidedown and is not interactable...

This is the error:

!> BrowserAssist.Init: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at JayJayWon.ResourcePrimaryActionUI.UpdateMainButtonLabelClothing () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at JayJayWon.ResourcePrimaryActionUI.RefreshUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at JayJayWon.ResourceActionsUI.RefreshUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at JayJayWon.BrowserUI.CreateResourceActionsUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at JayJayWon.BrowserUI.InitBrowserUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at JayJayWon.BrowserUI..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at JayJayWon.BrowserAssist.Init () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Any ideas what might have happened? If I roll back to the previous version (1.18.2) it starts working fine again.

FYI, am on the latest version of VaM (VaM 1.22.0.3).

Update: not 100% sure but think this might be related to having the checkbox selected for the "Enable BrowserAssist Launch button on VAM top menu" option.

Last edited:
@JayJayWon Just got around to downloading v1.19 to test the new features, I simply loaded up the default scene and then navigate to session plugins > BrowserAssist, choose the new updated version of the var and then re-saved session defaults. Now when I load a scene I get some errors in the VaM error log, and the BrowserAssist window appears very strangely mirrored and upsidedown and is not interactable...

This is the error:

Any ideas what might have happened? If I roll back to the previous version (1.18.2) it starts working fine again.

FYI, am on the latest version of VaM (VaM 1.22.0.3).

Update: not 100% sure but think this might be related to having the checkbox selected for the "Enable BrowserAssist Launch button on VAM top menu" option.
I'll respond on your discord post

@JayJayWon I hope to increase the ability to call buttons, such as clicking a button in a scene with the mouse can trigger the opening of the plugin interface and accurately set which specific interface to open. Currently, only shortcut keys can be used, which is inconvenient ;)

there also many users need this:

因最近整理服装人物,需要频繁点开browserassist按钮,点烦了,所以产生了这么个想法,因为有坛子里的高手搞的uiassist的修改版可以搞热键,所以想设置个热键,但是我卡住了.

用uiassist无法调出browserassist的UI界面,注意不是会话插件里的那个browserassist界面,所以来求助万一有大佬呢,说个思路,也许能搞,但是我也不确定,反正我找了好久,似乎是无法用UIASSIST调出BROWSERASSIST的UI界面,就是点击browserassist按钮出来的那个界面,无法调出.

如果有大佬知道说个思路怎么调出.不胜感激!!!

@JayJayWon I hope to increase the ability to call buttons, such as clicking a button in a scene with the mouse can trigger the opening of the plugin interface and accurately set which specific interface to open. Currently, only shortcut keys can be used, which is inconvenient ;)

因最近整理服装人物,需要频繁点开browserassist按钮,点烦了,所以产生了这么个想法,因为有坛子里的高手搞的uiassist的修改版可以搞热键,所以想设置个热键,但是我卡住了.

用uiassist无法调出browserassist的UI界面,注意不是会话插件里的那个browserassist界面,所以来求助万一有大佬呢,说个思路,也许能搞,但是我也不确定,反正我找了好久,似乎是无法用UIASSIST调出BROWSERASSIST的UI界面,就是点击browserassist按钮出来的那个界面,无法调出.

如果有大佬知道说个思路怎么调出.不胜感激!!!
Have you tried using UIAssist to open BrowserAssist?

Have you tried using UIAssist to open BrowserAssist?
I want to use a button and click to open the browser assist specific interface. UIassist has not found a similar solution. Browserassist added to the session plugin lacks event calling capability and can only set shortcut keys in keybinding. Expect to increase event calling capability for the button😄
screenshot-20230822-073339.png

如果有大佬知道说个思路怎么调出.不胜感激!!!
There is a VAM limitation that means the trigger system can not access Session plugins, so this is not possible.

This is one of the few plugins I'd deem absolutely essential. It's so much better than the default browser. The only thing that's missing IMO is hair browsing. I know you can browse hair presets but I'd like to be able to browse all hair pieces like I can for clothes. Amazing plugin!

This is one of the few plugins I'd deem absolutely essential. It's so much better than the default browser. The only thing that's missing IMO is hair browsing. I know you can browse hair presets but I'd like to be able to browse all hair pieces like I can for clothes. Amazing plugin!
Glad to hear you are enjoying using it! Hair browsing is on the list of things to look into in the future.

If you can spare sometime to leave a Hub Review that would be much appreciated!

There is a VAM limitation that means the trigger system can not access Session plugins, so this is not possible.

Another suggestion

Switching list types is a very common operation, such as switching clothes, hair, appearance, sub scenes, etc. The current click down menu format is very inconvenient. It is recommended to change the important switching items to a large tab format, which is convenient for users to switch in prominent positions. To summarize, it is necessary to provide more convenient interaction for high-frequency operations

Another suggestion

Switching list types is a very common operation, such as switching clothes, hair, appearance, sub scenes, etc. The current click down menu format is very inconvenient. It is recommended to change the important switching items to a large tab format, which is convenient for users to switch in prominent positions. To summarize, it is necessary to provide more convenient interaction for high-frequency operations
When you say "Switching list types", do you mean changing the Resource Type in the top left corner drop down? If so, then I already have a plan to make that more convenient in the future. Its my intention to provide a set of "Quick Filter" buttons which can be configured by the user to switch the filters (including resource type) to user defined presets.

When you say "Switching list types", do you mean changing the Resource Type in the top left corner drop down? If so, then I already have a plan to make that more convenient in the future. Its my intention to provide a set of "Quick Filter" buttons which can be configured by the user to switch the filters (including resource type) to user defined presets.
QQ截图20230911200930.png

yes best wish

JayJayWon updated BrowserAssist with a new update entry:

BrowserAssist v1.20.0

This version introduces Import from Scene capabilities. This allows components of a scene to be imported into the current scene without having to load the scene. For example, you can import a person's appearance/look direct from the scene without having to open the scene or create an appearance preset.

New Features:
  • Import Person Presets (e.g. Appearance, Clothing etc) direct from a scene
  • Import Atom Presets (e.g. CUA Preset) direct from a scene.
  • Create new atoms as copies...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I feel that the "resource type" drop-down is convenient and I like that you are also able to hide categories not in use. If you peek at the configuration utility in session plugins, you will find many useful options under the hood.

The latest 1.20 update is amazing... Now we can load skin, appearance, plugin presets and more without opening the scene. I have not found any other utility which allows you to grab CUA assets from a scene along with their plugins, this feature alone is well worth the cost of admission. Last night I was going through my scene collection, trying to break the import button, I am pleased to report that my efforts failed! I cannot get over how fast and efficient this is. One thing I noticed is that it only imports what you tell it to... so if you want to import a scene's CUA, then import it's plugins, it would be done in 2 fast operations. Same with loading an appearance, a second operation would be needed to get the presets. Maybe you just want the skin preset and nothing else... You can do that too! This addition will revolutionize how people use VAM. Now I can clean up my local folders since I can get anything I want from my favorite scenes! WELL DONE!

Last edited:
Import functionality (especially appearance from scene) is really useful. Plugin import works, but if there is a Timeline plugin that contains animation, it does not import any animation with it, only an empty plugin. I am not aware if it is even possible to import the animation within VAM by a session plugin, so I do not count that as a bug or a flaw. If there is a scene animation (native), it does not import it either.

Import functionality (especially appearance from scene) is really useful. Plugin import works, but if there is a Timeline plugin that contains animation, it does not import any animation with it, only an empty plugin. I am not aware if it is even possible to import the animation within VAM by a session plugin, so I do not count that as a bug or a flaw. If there is a scene animation (native), it does not import it either.
I'll definitely be adding Scene animation import in a later release.
For Timeline plugin I'm not sure how possible that is. Can you reliably move Timeline animations between scenes using Plugin Presets? If you can then it should be possible for me to introduce it in the future.

Can you reliably move Timeline animations between scenes using Plugin Presets?
I've just checked, I've created a new scene, added a Timeline Plugin to the person, imported previously exported animation, saved everything as the plugin preset, restarted VAM (to be sure - sometimes Timeline plugin cannot get rid of the animation without restarting VAM), created a new scene with a empty person again and loaded a saved plugin preset with Timeline. It loaded the plugin with the proper animation inside it. So it is possible.
As for a native scene animation - I have no idea how to check it.

Back
Top Bottom